iPad Air 2 owners who upgraded to 10.5" Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dukee101, Jul 9, 2017.

1. dukee101 macrumors member

dukee101

If you recently made the leap from the Air 2 to the 10.5" Pro, what are your thoughts? Are you happy with your purchase? I use my Air 2 mostly for watching video, reading, and light gaming. It's more than enough for all that, but the chorus of reviews is making it hard to say no to the new 10.5", even if it's overkill. If you're a light user as well, what's it been like to use the Pro? Is it money still well spent, given the incredible new display, speakers, and boosted performance?

2. EmperorTim macrumors newbie

EmperorTim

I went from an Air 2 to the 10.5 pro. I consider myself to be a light user, not a whole lot of games (if any). The A10X is neat but I don't feel like there's a lot of noticeable performance over the A8X. Double the RAM is also nice but again, it's not something you notice but perhaps the only reason it's not noticed is because it's doing a good job and nothing stutters.

Everything they say about the display is true; it's the main reason I upgraded. Even true tone has amazed me and I really didn't think it would. It's put me off purchasing anything that doesn't have a higher display refresh rate. I do like the quad speakers, much nicer than only one sided firing speakers. I do quite a lot of YouTube/Safari split view and on the Air 2, scrolling up and down was terrible on safari (not sure if this was a performance issue or design limitation), but the pro has smooth scrolling on safari while YouTube is playing on the other half of the screen.

I would say I'm happy with the upgrade.

3. Campbellot macrumors member

Campbellot

Agreed. Same here and it's worth the upgrade. Extra screen real estate, brighter sceeen outdoors, higher refresh rate, and once iOS 11 rolls in this will be a great upgrade. Take the plunge bro.

4. Shirtin macrumors member

Air 2 for me was the best upgrade of all the iPads I have owned including the 10.5". This 10.5" iPad is just icing on the cake so to speak. If Apple made something in between this and the iPad 2017 I probably would have gotten that instead.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Even with light use, the Pro offering a warmer, clearer screen and the sound upgrade is enough for me to remain satisfied with my purchase (kept the iPad Air 2 though as a travel iPad).

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think the upgrade from an Air 2 to the 10.5 iPad is justifiable in almost every way if someone can appreciate the latest features. Aside from the performance and increased capabilities, the reduction with the bezels and increased display size makes this new iPad entirely different over the Air 2. Which ultimately translates into a better viewing experience, then add the Promotion display and wide color P3 Gamut.

7. max2 macrumors 68000

The reason I upgraded mainly is the 512 GB of storage.