iPad iPad Air Display Lag

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MLMcMillion, Nov 1, 2013.

1. MLMcMillion macrumors member

MLMcMillion

Anyone else noticing display and keyboard lag on their Air? Mine is as laggy with some animations as my Mini.

2. EpsilonExordium macrumors member

EpsilonExordium

I'm noticing it too. My 64gb 4g Grey is extremely laggy. Like android levels of lag.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Exchange it and see if that resolves the problem.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Did you restore from a backup? Rebooting afterwards is often the remedy to lag.

5. SimonQQ macrumors member

I'm experiencing this as well when opening up a few (stock) applications.

I have set up the iPad Air as new.

Maybe they'll fix it with a software update.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I had to reboot when i added it to my mobile share account. That may be why i didnt experience a problem.

7. JFC macrumors member

I noticed a slight stuttering within the first 10 minutes, but has completely gone away without having to restart to restore. I did set it up as a new device, I did not restore from a back up.

8. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

The 1 GB of RAM is already showing it's age haha

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Not me.

10. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It has nothing to do with RAM. It's just that iOS 7 needs performance improvements and bug fixes, which will come as it matures.

11. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

this likely has nothing to do with the iPad Air, its hardware is more than enough to handle anything you throw at it for the next several years

the problem rests solely with iOS 7. whatever the hell Apple did with this OS that makes its performance all out of whack...i'll never know it's not even a major overhaul, it's just a lot of tweaks and graphical representation re-designs. unless i'm clueless and iOS 7 was re-written from the ground up with an entirely new backbone? i'm an engineer but software has never been my forte.

i don't know what about this software makes it run like garbage on A5 devices either considering when you look at iOS 7 it seems that the A5 should be able to handle it just fine

12. Altis macrumors 68000

Like Medic311 says, iOS 7 is to blame.

So the entire flagship i-device lineup can't even run iOS 7 without bugs, lag, and delays.

I'm sure your iPad will run faster whenever Apple can be bothered to fix the iOS 7 mess.

13. irnchriz, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Been on it all day, it's been super slick, no lag at all.

Found one instance of lag now, I was filling in a website login and it froze for a second with the keys going slow but it turns out it was trying to get me to choose a login from my keychain. I stopped typing and let it popup the login info and then login. I keep forgetting that I have all my logins on my keychain now.

14. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

There are some weird things going on.

Try this - open an app and then return to the home screen first by using the home button then do it again by using the "pinch to close" gesture.

On mine the home button method is smooth as silk but the pinch gesture has a very noticable stutter. Very weird and smacks of something in iOS that needs optimising.

15. klover macrumors 6502a

Created a thread about the same thing earlier and got the standard "it's you" responses. Definitely lagging and stuttering.

16. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

"hahahaha, Hey johnny, looks like the iTools bought our line about the fastest ever."

- Tim Cook

Apple issue gross margin guidance that was improved over prior quarters. The only way they can do that without raising prices is by lowering input costs. I feel quality is starting to go downhill in order for Apple to protect price and margin.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Off-topic: Did you buy from an AT&T store or Apple? What was the process for adding to your mobile share account?

I have been told different things from AT&T, that I will have to go to a store to get a new SIM.

Thanks

18. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I’ve seen this response too many times here. People were swapping their iPhone 5s units over inaccurate levels just a few weeks ago and it did not help. It ended up being a software related issue. There was one person that swapped their phone out 10 times.

19. MLMcMillion thread starter macrumors member

MLMcMillion

Nope, clean setup.

It appears to have mostly gone away after a few reboots. Maybe it is just iOS7 being flaky.

20. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I went to Apple to pick up my iPad. I called ATT while in the store.

21. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Thanks!

22. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Lots of animation lag on my end too.

23. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

No lag here so far. Restored from an iPad 3 iCloud backup.

24. klover macrumors 6502a

Been an issue with iOS 7 since day one and on all iPads.

25. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Same lag I get on the Mini and 4, I'm getting on the Air. Can only assume it is ios7. I only see lag occasionally though, not all the time (same as the other devices).