Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bevo

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
pre-ordered the white ipad4 32gb with verizon LTE and smart case.

case delivers Nov 2-6.

Ipad on Nov 26.

Current owner of an iPad 1 64gb wifi. Hopefully wife will actually use it.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I picked up my mom a white 16 gig wifi ipad mini and a pink cover for christmas. its perfect for her. I know she will be very happy. she loves her current ipod touch and this is even better.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I guess these weren't as popular as the iPhone 5. Just checking the store now, it looks like most wifi models are still available for delivery on Nov 2, so there was no need to order right away. Only the white mini is at 2 weeks instead of Nov 2.

I did stay up til midnight and ordered a white iPad 4 for the wife to replace her iPad 1. Should be a a nice upgrade for her, although I can't quite imagine how fast it's going to be with that A6X. The iPad 1 still seems super fast to me (the main issue prompting upgrade was Safari crashing frequently; hopefully that's a low memory issue and not buggy software). This one's going to be several times faster?? :eek::cool:

Next week is going to be upgrade city at our house. The 2.6 GHz quad core i7 Mac mini arrives on Halloween morning, replacing the 1.83 GHz Core2Duo mini I'm typing on. And then the iPad 4 comes 2 days later. If only we had a pair of iPhone 5s coming as well to replace our 3GS (me) and 4 (her)... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ramnj

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
NJ
I guess these weren't as popular as the iPhone 5. Just checking the store now, it looks like most wifi models are still available for delivery on Nov 2, so there was no need to order right away. Only the white mini is at 2 weeks instead of Nov 2.

Same here on the East coast.

Psychj0e

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
iPad mini - hahahahahaha, ahahahahahahaha, ahahahahaha, aha,hahahahaha,ahahahahahaha,hahahaha,ha.

OregonSasquatch

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
Portland, Oregon
My First iPad

I just ordered a black 16GB iPad 4th gen. It is my first iPad. I'm just planning on using it in the living room instead of my laptop. It will be to stream my music and movie library to my AppleTV, general web browsing, and some limited gaming.

I've held some iPads recently and they seem heavy...so the iPad mini looked very appealing. However, I'd like to have something retina, more powerful, and easy to read webpages. I think I made the right choice. I could see myself upgrading to a unibody iPad 5th gen, or 2nd gen mini, but I'm sure I will be happy with the 4G iPad.

Thoughts?

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I just ordered a black 16GB iPad 4th gen. It is my first iPad. I'm just planning on using it in the living room instead of my laptop. It will be to stream my music and movie library to my AppleTV, general web browsing, and some limited gaming.

I've held some iPads recently and they seem heavy...so the iPad mini looked very appealing. However, I'd like to have something retina, more powerful, and easy to read webpages. I think I made the right choice. I could see myself upgrading to a unibody iPad 5th gen, or 2nd gen mini, but I'm sure I will be happy with the 4G iPad.

Thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. In 2011, I skipped the iPad 2 when it didn't have a retina display. I skipped the iPad 3 (came close to buying it) because of the heat/long battery charging times and a rumor that got posted here that the iPad 4 would be announced in October. I was hoping for a weight reduction, but it looks like Apple will have to make that happen with the iPad 5. I was interested in the iPad mini, until I read about the A5 inside, which my 4S has and I know will cause graphically-intense 2013 games to lag.

Now, I don't want to wait another year (or 7 months, doubt this cycle will be that short, but who knows) so my first iPad will be a iPad 4 with a nice retina display, a A6X that should take care of my gaming needs into 2014 and a few other new additions like a 720p HD front camera. If the 2nd gen iPad mini gets a retina display (strong possibility) and a A6, possibly even a A6X or A7 if Apple wants to truly justify the premium they're charging for it, I may trade the iPad 4 for it, or if the 5th gen iPad gets a significant weight reduction/battery life improvement, I may trade in for that.

rsocal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
Southern Ca
Thanks

If you actually click on the order number in the mail they sent you - it should take you to a page with more detailed information (attached). Look under the iPad and you should see updated shipping information when it becomes available.
They don't send an e-mail notification of this changes. It's a soft update vs. a hard update (order confirmation, shipping, delivery etc).

Hope that helps.

I always do that too, but thank you for taking time to write and offer help!:D:cool::apple:

Frespirt1002

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
Ordered iPad 4th Gen

Yesterday I ordered iPad 4th Gen, white, 32GB, with Cellular. They say it will ship Mid-Nov. Let me guess that it may be around Nov 15. I also ordered Smart Cover, got the Apple Care Protection, also an InCase Origami Workstation to use with Apple wireless keyboard in case I want to do a lot of typing. This is my first iPad but not my first Mac Product. They say the iPod is the gateway drug into the Mac World... LOVE IT..
I purchased this the the Barclay Card that offers no interest if paid within 6 months, so it makes it more affordable for me. I didn't want to put the entire purchase on my regular credit card. I am so happy this all worked out.
Now, to wait, nose pressed against the window.... waiting....

skittlescat

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
Victoria
Delivery mini white

Ordered mine within 4 mins and its 2 weeks for delivery in uk!!

Same thing here in Canada. Four minutes in, received email from apple store- nov 21 delivery ?

----------

After event, I couldn't decide between mini and 4th gen. Went ahead and ordered the 4th gen. First iPad purchase.

Is the AppleCare worth it?
:rolleyes:
Yes, two years of total coverage and 49 dollars deductible if anything happens to your device- even accidental. Two 49 dollar deductibles allowed is great especially if you have clumsy kids or clumsy yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.