iPad Mini Returns?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Trey M, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I ordered a black iPad Mini and a smartcover, and I'm wondering if I really don't enjoy the item, does Apple pay for return shipping? I ask because I am quite a ways away from any near Apple store so returning it there wouldn't be feasible. Appreciate the help!

PS: I know they have the 14 day window, but I'm really just wondering if Apple covers return shipping for both the iPad and Smart cover.

2. hyteckit Guest

I'm pretty sure they don't. But they always make exceptions.

3. Ifti macrumors 68000

Yes, Apple cover returns shipping - which is good of them and shows more positive customer service. Companies like Amazon charge for return shipping if you are returning simply due to a change of mind.

4. pommie82 macrumors 6502

The only time really a company will cover the returns if a product is faulty then they would probably cover the returns a part from that you would have to cover it yourself.

5. SR71 macrumors 68000

Apple pays for return shipping.

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

7. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

That's untrue Amazon never charged me return shipping I buy weekly.

8. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Always happy to kick in a little extra, so that we may all enjoy a higher level of (customer) care, even if most of us will never need to use it.

9. tl01 macrumors 65816

Amazon does not always cover return shipping.

10. Izzybeff macrumors member

Actually Zappo's covers shipping both ways no matter why your returning stuff.

11. tekno macrumors 6502a

If they always make them, then they're not exceptions, they're routine.

12. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I never had a return charge, and I always return...

13. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Just remember when you buy from Amazon, they do accept returns s do not be surprised if the next item you get from them was returned by someone else:eek:

And before you know it alls say Amazon would never do that, they do. Both Amazon and places like B and H will resell items they deem to be as new and in perfect working order. It is a fact of life.

14. lascott macrumors member

Anytime I returned an item because I changed my mind they deduct it from the refund unless I pay for my own shipping.

15. SR71 macrumors 68000

He/she is correct. They do the same when I return items.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

if you actually buy it from amazon they will. I have amazon prime, so always order directly from amazon and not third parties, so shipping cost are covered for returns.

17. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Don't go there. Amazon customer support is on a level way above everyone else.

18. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Apple should charge people for the return unless they would rather have the store credit instead.

19. tl01 macrumors 65816

What does "I always return" mean? Seems strange to order anything if you are always going to return it. Anyway, I'm not going I argue with you. I order from them all the time, and have a paid prime account and I have paid for some of my returns.

20. Surely Guest

Surely

This is not true. Amazon covers shipping if the product is defective or if they sent you the wrong item, etc. But if you choose "changed my mind" or "don't want/need the item" or a similar type of reason for your return, you have to pay for return shipping.

I've been a Prime member for over two years, and an Amazon customer for almost five years.

And OP, if you decide that you don't like the mini, and there's nothing defective with it, damn right you should have to pay return shipping. Apple has told you what you're buying in advance, including listing all the specs.

21. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yup same here. I recently returned my 7" Kindle Fire HD because I wanted the 8.9 version and they charged me a small return fee because it wasn't their fault but they paid for return UPS shipping.

22. tl01 macrumors 65816

I also have a prime account... Have for years... I always have something en route to my house from amazon. They don't always pay for returns.

23. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I had 5 returns this month as one item did not work correct and the others were not wanted.

24. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

i think having a prime account has made me a shopoholic :)

25. tl01 macrumors 65816

Why order 4 things in one month that you don't want? Just makes things more expensive for the rest of us.

----------

Totally! Too tempting when most of the stuff arrives in one day!