Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I think they're going to ship sooner than you think. Apple has a history of once they charge your credit card it means it's ready to ship. if I were you guys I would start checking the UPS , FedEx, and your support profile on Apple.com to see if your mini lte shows up there

Don't go by Apple's website. When I ordered my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4 I was able to get the tracking information from FedEx and UPS before I even was able to find it on my order history with apple. In fact my Apple order history didn't even update until it was already shipped. If I was you guys I would start checking UPS and FedEx put the phone number associated with your order in as a reference and trying get the shipping information there. In fact for my iPad 4 my serial number showed up on my support profile even before I got the email Applehead shipped it.

I hope this helps everyone.

Preds

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Hmm, mine says delivers Nov 21 for my 2 Verizon 32gb LTE's but my CC was charged today as well.

Maybe we will get them before 11/21.

Glad I called earlier today before the CC was charged and had a rep offer me smart covers!

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
My card was just charged for my mini 64gb black/slate Verizon. Please ship soon Apple!

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Well I have a new twist........

After getting bumped back from 11/16 to 11/21......it still says 11/21, but "Next Day".

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
Both mine just switched back to "prepared for shipment" for the second time today. Still next day air as well. Not in my support profile yet.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
My CC just got charged too and status has changed to Preparing for Shipment. But it still says delivers on Nov 21. Hopefully itll come sooner since there was no hard release date for the LTE models. Black 32GB Verizon

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Been checking all morning, the pending charge just showed up on my CC. No change with my order status, will start searching UPS/Fed-Ex via reference numbers. 64 GB / White / AT&T.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
iPad Mini 64GB LTE AT&T Black
ordered 3 minutes after pre-orders started
Switched to "Preparing for Shipment" and cc charged about 1 hr ago
Nothing showing up on FedEx or UPS under track by ref
Estimated Delivered by Nov. 21
(Denied shipping upgrade by 2 different reps)

gooberwilson

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2012
Canada
My 16GB black Verizon just changed to Preparing for Shipment. Still says November 21. Nothing on FedEx, UPS or support profile.

blantonreed

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
32 gig mini LTE AT&T. Ordered 2 minutes after preorders started. Had a November 21 delivery date. Called and got it changed to November 16 Next Day at no cost with no questions asked. Order status just changed to "Preparing for shipment" and now I have a delivery date of November 20.

So many different dates going around and getting changed back and forth so many times. It's getting confusing. Haha

Apple163

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Also ordered a At&t 32gb slate iPad mini within 5 minutes of store opening and had a delivery date of Nov. 16th. Today it has gone into "Preparing for Shipment" and Apple changed the date to deliver on Nov. 20th. Already took a day of vacation to be home Friday the 16th. This is not typical Apple style or customer service. It is frustrating. Hopefully, it will be available at the store that day.

evasquez7

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Also ordered a At&t 32gb slate iPad mini within 5 minutes of store opening and had a delivery date of Nov. 16th. Today it has gone into "Preparing for Shipment" and Apple changed the date to deliver on Nov. 20th. Already took a day of vacation to be home Friday the 16th. This is not typical Apple style or customer service. It is frustrating. Hopefully, it will be available at the store that day.

Apple never even gave a firm release date. Why did you take a day off on a day you assumed your iPad Mini would arrive. It's not Apple's fault you were wrong in assuming that.

Apple163

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Apple never even gave a firm release date. Why did you take a day off on a day you assumed your iPad Mini would arrive. It's not Apple's fault you were wrong in assuming that.

Not really an assumption. It was on my order status page and said "Delivers November 16" . It did not qualify the statement with "estimated" or "anticipated". It was a definitive "Delivers".

Last edited:

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Not really an assumption. It was on my order status page and said "Delivers November 16" . It did not qualify the statement with "estimated" or "anticipated". It was a definitive "Delivers".

Yeah, Apple sent all of us emails indication the orders were "updated" with expedited shipping, etc.

Not saying that they Apple must publish a date. But if they can't figure it out - then NO date is better than what they are doing.

And for crying out loud, don't email a customer a directly acknowledging an expedite of shipping only to silently remove it later.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Stop trying to expedite something that can't be expedited. These aren't individual laptops rolling out one at a time ... These all are launching on the same day like other iPad's have. Changing the date on the shipping orders is meaningless. Apple just puts a conservative date on the orders until they are ready to announce a date.

Also there is no way Apple want to pay overnight from China.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I'm still amazed at how a company like Apple can bungle a launch/delivery date by shipping to customers the freaking week that half of them will be away from home on Thanksgiving vacation. Absolutely Brilliant.

Yep, they should delay shipping them out another week so everyone will be back home. No one would find reason to complain about that, would they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.