Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Same, but AT&T version. Spoke to a second CS agent and was told the same thing about it being impossible to expedite shipping. No idea how some people are getting theirs expedited unless the CS agents they're speaking with didn't get the memo or what.

The other thing the agent said that I'm taking with a grain of salt is, "All iPad Minis with cellular are being expedited at this time." She made it sound as if they're all being rushed the same way, and just changing the shipping method wasn't going to affect anything...

gooberwilson

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2012
Canada
The other thing the agent said that I'm taking with a grain of salt is, "All iPad Minis with cellular are being expedited at this time." She made it sound as if they're all being rushed the same way, and just changing the shipping method wasn't going to affect anything...

It wouldn't surprise me if they did expedite them. I'm assuming LTE iPad 4s and iPad Minis are supposed to launch on the same day. And with the 4s already starting to ship, it looks like they're behind on the minis. Maybe they'll expedite them to try and make them ship on time.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I ordered both an LTE Mini & an LTE iPad 4 a few minutes after preorders went live. Last Thursday I called Apple to see if I could get expedited shipping & was "successful" -- both of my orders updated to show delivery by the 16th. Friday, the iPad 4 went into Preparing for Shipment & the date changed to the 21st. It shipped today & the date from FedEx is the 16th. I mention this because I just checked my Mini order & while it is still processing, the date has changed to the 21st.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. Just checked my date again and it MOVED AGAIN.

Picking up from the "Mid November" thing......

1st - went from Mid-November to 11/21

2nd - I called at got the expedited shipping - said "11/16"
- even had email confirmation from Apple with "expedited shipping" update.

3rd - just checked a few minutes ago and it no longer says "expedited shipping", and the date has moved back to 11/21/12.

W T H!

misterc0w

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. Just checked my date again and it MOVED AGAIN.

Picking up from the "Mid November" thing......

1st - went from Mid-November to 11/21

2nd - I called at got the expedited shipping - said "11/16"
- even had email confirmation from Apple with "expedited shipping" update.

3rd - just checked a few minutes ago and it no longer says "expedited shipping", and the date has moved back to 11/21/12.

W T H!

Ugh. Mine moved back as well. I still have expedited shipping but my date slipped from 11/16 to 11/20. I'll feel better about this when I get a shipping confirmation.

vince.

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
Ugh. Mine moved back as well. I still have expedited shipping but my date slipped from 11/16 to 11/20. I'll feel better about this when I get a shipping confirmation.

WHOA - mine just did the same thing. I talked to a CSR and got "expedited shipping". It USED to read "Delivers 11/16"

but now....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 1.05.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 1.05.35 PM.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 157

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Just got off the phone with an Apple rep asking why my recently "expedited" order went from 11/16 back to 11/21. Of course, since most of them are clueless.....take it with a grain of salt.....

The guy said that "we weren't supposed to offer expedited shipping, so we they are taking that off the orders that were expedited".

I guess that does explain why the dates are moving back to 11/20-21 now.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Let this be a lesson to all of you!

How often were we able to speed up the delivery of items that are shipping from China! These devices are crated all together and will not separate till they are stateside. I can't see them looking though and pulling out the one that the owner wants to get early.:p

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm still amazed at how a company like Apple can bungle a launch/delivery date by shipping to customers the freaking week that half of them will be away from home on Thanksgiving vacation. Absolutely Brilliant.

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA

How often were we able to speed up the delivery of items that are shipping from China! These devices are crated all together and will not separate till they are stateside. I can't see them looking though and pulling out the one that the owner wants to get early.:p

Exactly they are on a pallet from China to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to Alaska where the go through customs. Alaska to distribution center.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
Stop trying to expedite something that can't be expedited. These aren't individual laptops rolling out one at a time ... These all are launching on the same day like other iPad's have. Changing the date on the shipping orders is meaningless. Apple just puts a conservative date on the orders until they are ready to announce a date.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Stop trying to expedite something that can't be expedited. These aren't individual laptops rolling out one at a time ... These all are launching on the same day like other iPad's have. Changing the date on the shipping orders is meaningless. Apple just puts a conservative date on the orders until they are ready to announce a date.

I tend to agree with you. But you'd think Apple, being a technology company, could find systematic way to prevent their reps from even being able to update the China orders with "expedited" status and new dates. All it does is piss people off.

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008

But one thing Next Day Air will get you is on the Fed Ex express truck for am delivery to a biz.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I'm still amazed at how a company like Apple can bungle a launch/delivery date by shipping to customers the freaking week that half of them will be away from home on Thanksgiving vacation. Absolutely Brilliant.

I'm quite frustrated with this as well, u think they would move heaven and earth to get them out sooner than the day before Thanksgiving...

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011

I think(hope) in the end it will get here the 16th. They should definitely realize this. Also I think all of Apple(cupertino) is off the entire week of Thanksgiving so would be surprising that they are not sensitive to this.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Exactly they are on a pallet from China to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to Alaska where the go through customs. Alaska to distribution center.

Many of us have been through this too many times to succumb to rumors. Everyone needs to remain calm as you are getting your expectations so high that you have a long way to fall back to reality!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.