iPad or Apple Watch with Financial Aid refund

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dj64Mk7, Mar 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dj64Mk7 macrumors 65816

im in an interesting situation. My iPad Pro 9.7” is getting a little long in the tooth, although I just got it last July and purchased a full 2 years of AppleCare+. My Watch, on the other hand, is a Series 2 that was purchased used from a seller on eBay in December 2017. It did not have AppleCare+ on it when I bought it, and the warranty is about to expire in a little over a month.

Please help me make up my mind. Thanks!

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Ask yourself what you find would be more beneficial for you in terms of a product. Would an upgraded iPad benefit you more if you are in school or have a particular job? The Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 are fairly similar, so you may not have a huge benefit to the upgrade to the Series 3 unless
    You want the LTE option, which is the main feature for the Series 3. I see the iPad being more of a work development tool or for media consumption, where the Apple Watch is more of a convenience feature. Being your Apple Watch is fairly new model, I would still opt for the iPad if it was me.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What does having it purchased from ebay have anything to do with your decision?

Anyways, I'm on a Series 0 watch, and its going strong, so I see no reason to buy a series 3 over a 2 at this point.

4. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

Unless you really need/care for the LTE in the series 3 then i would skip it. Also, remember you have to pay an additional $10 a month to your carrier. Thats an extra $120 a year.

5. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll go with the iPad then. Thanks much everyone.

6. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

This might be a radical idea but since you’re receiving financial aid it may be a better decision to just save the money.

7. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Totally radical. That would be the best thing to do, but I'm a careless college student for what it's worth. I find it really hard to save money.

8. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Yes but what if you just did that?