iPad iPad owners: About the rumored iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bengy66, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Bengy66 macrumors regular

What specs/features would be needed for you to upgrade this fall?

2. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

More RAM and a laminated display - those are the two biggest issues with the current model.

What I'd really like is a kickstand like the Surface tablets have, but it will never happen - they'll just expect you to increase the thickness and weight with an unsteady case instead.

3. thelead macrumors 6502a

This with touch id would make it a homerun.

4. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

A lighter iPad. The current one is uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time.

More RAM. Touch ID.

That's it.

5. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

An iPad with no bookspine shadow and even coloration across the screen.

6. GoingDark macrumors 6502

Honestly, I don't know if there's anything Apple could do with the next-gen iPad Air that I would consider a big enough upgrade from the current-gen.

Basically what I'm saying is I think the iPad Air is pretty much perfect as it is. Sure, it could always be faster/thinner/lighter, but I don't think there's any speed increase/weight decrease/thinness level that would entice an upgrade for me.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Same here.

But I often think this about iPad / iPhone, then Apple manages to throw in a maust-have feature that hadn't occurred to me. :D

8. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

Yup, that's my problem. The current iPads are really nice devices. I won't be upgrading either, unless.....

9. Shadowbech macrumors 601

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Touch ID is my number one wish. More RAM but I find my iPad Air is fine the way it is.

It will be hard to pry my 128GB AT&T from my hands.

11. snow755 macrumors 65816

snow755

The iPad dos not need more ram it's fine with 1Gb. But I do see them bumping it two 1.5GB of Ram you are for getting the more stuff they put in the iPad the price. Would go up. I say the iPad Air two stays at 1Gb. Of ram but it will get touch ID and a A8 chip. But in iPad Air 3 may get a ram bump two 1.5 or 2 in the next iPad you can't have both

12. barjam macrumors 6502

I don't care if it is more ram or ios fixes but the low memory crashes and tab reloads on the air can become absurd at times.

On my usage screen there are ~30 low memory crashes right now and I force close down to one or two apps max to try to help.

13. snow755 macrumors 65816

snow755

Some in most be wrong with your iPad Air then I would take it two the apple store or get a replacement I have a iPad Air and I don't have low memory crashes or tab reloads my iPad works this find I use ony. One tab some time my max would be 3 tabs. And it still runs this fine when I have 3 tabs open

14. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

If we are just talking hardware, then I want the following features:
    • Lighter, easier to hold with one hand for long periods of time
    • better speakers, like the HTC One M8
    • More RAM...(this should be a no brainer)

For me it's more about the software, making it even more versatile and powerful, so that the iPad can be used even more as a laptop replacement, at least for easy tasks..

15. gbkrip macrumors member

I never understand these "more RAM" posts. What is it that you are doing that leads you to believe that you need more RAM in your devices?

16. L T macrumors 6502

L T

Being able to get a good price for my current air and not having to pay too much to upgrade is the key for me.

Whatever they bring out will be an upgrade so might as well go for the latest if you can.

17. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I don't plan on upgrading this year... The air is perfect for me, and I plan to keep it another generation.

Now, we will be upgrading our IPhone 5's though... 5.5" for me, and 4.7" for my wife!

18. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

iLawnmower - a definite must.

I sold my 3.5 year old iPad 2 months ago and am soldiering through without one so whatever it has - I'm in!

I would hope it has: Touch ID, More RAM, maybe AC Wifi.

Nothing else really. Happy with the way it is now. If they make entry level models 32GB that would be welcomed as well :)

19. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

A 256GB model would make it a sure buy for me (even if it costs $1029 for the LTE model). Other than that, I could go either way.

20. ipos macrumors 6502a

21. Deadeyeshark macrumors regular

Deadeyeshark

I'm using an iPad 3. The retina display was the only reason to go 2 > 3, nothing since has tempted me.

However my library in Home Sharing takes an age to load (about 10-15mins), this was drastically cut when I bought the iPad Mini Retina to a couple of minutes, which I assume was down to the faster processor and more ram.

Couple this with the touch ID, the thinner form factor and the iPad Air 2 becomes a more attractive proposition. On a seperate note, Home Sharing on my Daughters iPad 1 loads almost instantaneously(!)

22. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Those people who want more RAM are probably experiencing the Safari tab reloading problem.

Sometime in the late Fall, like October -November, if Apple sticks to previous release schedule.

23. CmdrLaForge macrumors 601

CmdrLaForge

What is wrong with a laminated display?

Anyways - I have the Air and it is of course much lighter then my iPad 1 I had before I would still appreciate it getting even thinner and lighter.

I am not buying a new iPad before 2018, so I really don't care to much.

just my 2 cents

24. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

1000 for an ipad? reallly........