Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewSalfinger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Australia
Hello, I've been using my iPad Pro 12.9 for a couple of days now and have been having two issues.

The first is a issue with controls panel if you have the iPad in portrait mode and swipe up from the home button the control window will not open (well it will but you have to do it a lot before anything happens) tho if you rotate the iPad on any other side and try it control panel will work off the bat with no issue only way doing on the button (with the home button / Touch ID

The second issue with when in landscape mode with the home / Touch ID is facing right as you swipe left from the home button to open split view it will not open and again like above if you rotate and do it on any other angles it will work fine.

I read somewhere that this might be a software issue but the post about it died and no one ever side of it was or not.

Does anyone know if this is a issue with the software or maybe a issue with the hardware it self?

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day.

Principal_H

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2016
Hello, I've been using my iPad Pro 12.9 for a couple of days now and have been having two issues.

The first is a issue with controls panel if you have the iPad in portrait mode and swipe up from the home button the control window will not open (well it will but you have to do it a lot before anything happens) tho if you rotate the iPad on any other side and try it control panel will work off the bat with no issue only way doing on the button (with the home button / Touch ID

The second issue with when in landscape mode with the home / Touch ID is facing right as you swipe left from the home button to open split view it will not open and again like above if you rotate and do it on any other angles it will work fine.

I read somewhere that this might be a software issue but the post about it died and no one ever side of it was or not.

Does anyone know if this is a issue with the software or maybe a issue with the hardware it self?

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day.
I had the same issue, it took multiple swipes to open anything from the home button side (portrait and landscape) I had tried setting it up as new, but that didn't fix the issue.Took it to the Apple Store and they replaced the iPad. The new one works fine.

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Have not had that issue. As the poster above, you may want to take it by the store.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
That definitely sounds like a hardware issue as it seems related to swipes up from the home button area and is not limited to one application or feature. Take it to Apple and get a repair/replacement.

AndrewSalfinger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Australia
I went to the Apple Store today and they gave me a new one working great and dose not have this issue. If anyone eles iPad Pro have this issue just take it to the Apple Store.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Good to here your issue was resolved. I'd still be interested to know how it started. Did you drop the device or damage it in any way?

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
Good to here your issue was resolved. I'd still be interested to know how it started. Did you drop the device or damage it in any way?

I too would like to know if it had been doing it since you got it or if there was any drops or foul play with the original device I have had my 12 inch iPad pro since December 2 no issues of the sort running iOS beta 2 right now

Principal_H

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2016
My iPad had no damage and had the issue as soon as I took it out of the box. There was an Apple Support thread I came across where several people had the issue.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I've read of several people having this issue and chalked it up to something software related, as my brand new Pro does this as well.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I've had my 12.9" iPP since they were released in November without such issue with screen sensitivity around the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.