iPad Pro 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Badrottie, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am hoping Apple will making iPP 2 with 64GB AND cellular. I don't see why I need 128GB for?

What about you?

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I think more options are always good, though I couldn't see myself going with less than 128GB (or upgrading this fall if they're releasing another gen).

3. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

The IPP was my first 128GB Apple device, all before were varying lesser amounts of storage. I can say that from here on out, I won't go for anything less than 128GB, before it seemed like I never had enough space even when I tried hard not to keep anything except what was needed.

I'd rather have too much than not enough any day!

4. Liquinn Suspended

I agree with the above poster. It's better to have a lot than not enough. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy an iPad Pro now or wait for the next gen. What benefits are there to waiting? Or should I pick one up now?

5. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

For me 32 is plenty as I use the cloud, stream all my media and never store anything on my iPad outside the normal apps and some games.

6. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

If I was just using my iPad Pro as a companion device and was going to keep my MacBook Pro, then 32 GB would probably be sufficient. But since I am going to be using it as my main computer, I figured I better get 128 GB just in case. Plus that was the only way I could get the cellular modem. If there had been a 64 GB option with cellular, that would have been a possibility for me.

7. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

i would love to see better palm rejection, better tilt functionality, eraser, buttons, better ergonomics, better sensitivity for pencil. more ram (at least 16gb), a 15" tablet, and OSX or the ability to hook up to a computer without astropad (it sucks to much)

i would ditch all my other tablets for this device.

8. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

A 15 inch iPad. Droool

9. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

128 and non cellular is how about me :)

10. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

right! we can dream!

11. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

In other words, you want a MacBook Pro with a touch screen.

12. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

sure i would take that. I almost got the modbook pro, but ended up with a cintiq companion instead. i think tablets are the future. but, for the near future, i was thinking more of a hybrid, IOS for daily use, but with the option of plugged into a Mac as a screen like a cintiq. all the ipad needs is video capture card to do it without all the lag and poor performance of astropad.

13. Robnsn2015 macrumors regular

Have you tried connecting an iPad Pro to a Mac with a Lightning cable and then using Astropad? Does that help?

14. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

Yes I did. It Helped a bit, but I need better performance for my work. The image quality is poor on the astropad. No color calibration is a big issue for me also. So much lag, and when I tried it the selection tool had bugs. The image looks like it's being sampled to many times.

I think Apple should just make a hardware solution, astropad could only do the simplistic workflow stuff for me.

15. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

Device -
    - 256GB Storage
    - Eliminate the headphone jack
    - 1-2mm thinner, getting in to the 600g range
    - Force Touch
    - Solid 12 hours of battery life

Accessories -
    - Apple keyboard backlit and also available in multiple colors
    - Apple cases multiple colors
    - An apple case that holds the pencil

Software -
    - NOT OSX, just iOS with some additional features, a better notification centre and possibly live app icons in some form
    - Apps to take advantage of the hardware (Not many apps even touch the iPad Air 2 in terms of power required)

16. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

This post gave me heart palpitations. YES!

17. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Right now we don't need a better iPad Pro. We need a better iOS and better apps. The device is already way more advanced than the software.

18. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

agreed completely. the hardware is solid.

for me, thinner, lighter, faster, more storage, no jack, force touch etc etc etc isnt of main importance. for me the optimisation of apps to suit the hardware is more of a mouth watering prospect. and more pro apps too.

19. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I will probably find a way to make full use of whatever storage is available to me, so it's a self-fulfilling cycle of sorts. As a teacher, I have a ton of teaching material in dropbox and there's no lack of stuff to sync over to documents on my iOS devices.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They'll be making an IPP 2 for sure, but what it will include is anyone's guess. Being a "pro" machine, though I don't see any change in the storage selection.

21. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

I think storage is probably the most easy thing they can change. Although it is an interesting conundrum, do they raise the minimum for iOS devices to be 32GB, making the base iPad Air 3 better value, which would make the iPad Pro appear even more expensive or do they bump the Pro to 64GB and make the higher capacity 256GB.

This hardware is so good I wonder when it will start to feel behind in terms of performance?! - Feels strange wondering that when with Mac's for years we had the low performance Macbook Air each year get better and with the i5 series really come in to its own, it appears the reverse now!

22. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I guess the question also is when the iPad Pro will be next updated. With 4gb of ram and A9X processor, this doesn't seem like something which will be obsoleted anytime soon, especially you can be sure the iPad Air and iPad Mini will lag behind it in specs for many years to come.

I guess the next iteration may focus more on non-spec related upgrades, such as Force Touch, improved Touch-ID, 12mp camera capable of 4k recording (what better way to take advantage of its native ability to edit 4k video than to take video directly on it?), and what else? I am drawing a blank here.

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm assuming next fall, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it get updated in the fall of 2017. I don't see apple doing annual updates to their iPads.

24. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I agree. I feel the main issue with iPads is more the software side, not so much the hardware. And I don't think technology is improving quickly enough these days to justify an annual refresh cycle for the iPad.

25. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

There will be advancements in the pro 2, but no way in hell will it have a 256gb option. That crap is expensive and they know people are moving more towards cloud services, so less of the population needs more space. I'm sure at some point that size of a storage option will come, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 5 years down the road