iPad Pro iPad Pro 9.7 lag throughout operating system?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wdam123, Apr 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wdam123 macrumors regular

wdam123

Is anybody else experiencing lag or stutter throughout iOS 9.3 on the iPad Pro 9.7 frequently? I would've imagined that the A9X and iOS 9.3 would've provided a smooth asf experience just like it did with the iPhone but no, it stutters like the performance of an iPad 3 on iOS 9.

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I am super OCD about these things and yes there is the tiniest amount of micro stutter. But I attribute that to much needed optimization not a lack or CPU or GPU power.

3. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No.

5. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

Lol boy Apple must've sent you a custom-built perfect iPad since you claim you have no vibrations and no lag ha

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I don't. I really don't. No vibrations. No heat. No particles under the screen. No warping. No reboots. Nothing. Just a perfect iPad. Like 99% of normal people.

7. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

You're a joke

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I am not the one whining about a stuttering iPad and implying they all do just because mine does. There is such a thing as DEFECTS. Every human product has them.

And I am happy you are amused.

9. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

I am more than aware of things such as DEFECTS. But for you to say that you don't experience heat or vibrations is BS lol

10. keviig macrumors 6502

Got my iPP earlier today and it's sluggish and stutters. I'm returning it.

11. BitSlap macrumors member

He is a shill like half the people who post on here. Tread carefully when bringing up anything negative, lots of stockholders that like to post rainbows and sunshine here.

12. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Are you experiencing it in certain repeatable circumstances, or is it dropping frames constantly all over at random?

There are specific actions that trigger frame drops in a consistent and reproducable manner on mine, and I suspect it's software related.

If it is stuttering all over, that sounds abnormal and it might be a hardware issue or in need of a restore. I'd definitely get it looked at in that case. I came from an iPad 3 and it would be quite distressing if it lagged as bad as that thing was.

13. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, what can I tell you. I don't. I am glad you feel qualified to tell me what I feel and don't feel on the iPads I own.

BTW, how's my iPhone working?

14. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

Opening apps, pulling up the keyboard, going into multitasking view, general sluggishness and drop in frame rates. I assume it's software so I'll wait for any incoming updates, but if it persists I'll visit the Genius Bar.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2016 ---
    Well I'm glad you have a perfect iPad, I'm ever so envious!!11!!1

Sorry I'm not qualified to tell you how you feel with your iPhone, only your iPads. :(

15. SurFaceMac Suspended

SurFaceMac

16. Cal MR macrumors newbie

Wanted to note that since getting one on release day, no stutter, no vibrations, or other issues. Using it 8 hours/day. 32 Gb wifi only model. Might be helpful to indicate if you are using cellular or not.

17. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Is it new? Did you just set it up within the last 24 hours? A little animation lag and stutter is normal for the first little bit as the system does background iCloud syncing and spotlighting. This is true for all iOS devices that I have used.
    If its still laggy after a few days then that is a problem.

18. Wackery macrumors 6502a

19. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

After the initial set up, and downloading of music and photo library from the iCloud, I haven't experienced these problems other people seem to be experiencing :( , hopefully it is something that Apple will fix with an update.

Using a cellular 9.7 iPad Pro if that makes a difference

20. wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

I've had it since launch day

21. Sweeperdk macrumors regular

Sweeperdk

No issues here. Not sure what to say...

Can we agree that people are experiencing different things? Some have iPP's with no issues, some have iPP's with issues.

Honestly, I don't understand why someone would tear into others that state that they have iPP's without issues.

So from my end: No dust, no vibration when listening to music that I find out of the ordinary. No lag. No lag when using the pencil either. My iPP just works.

Sorry.

22. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Did you set up as new or did you use a backup from an old iPad?

23. wdam123, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

wdam123 thread starter macrumors regular

wdam123

I didn't mean vibration out of the ordinary, when I said to the other person, I meant just vibration of any sort from listening to music which is BOUND to happen because sound is vibrations.

I wasn't tearing into others regarding whether they had a perfect iPP or not, I was addressing the fact that ZBoater stated they haven't experienced vibrations or heat, which both are no doubt going to occur if you throw the volume all the way up or play a graphics intensive game. Maybe if they said 'unusual amounts' of vibrations or heat, I would've understood but they didn't :)

24. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Well that escalated quickly