Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chicagogirlie

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Just ordered mine. 32GB Rose Gold + Red Smart Cover.

Ordered a Smart Keyboard, Silicone case, and the 128gb silver wifi iPad Pro, all on a laptop (1st time ever not using an app!!!) as I wanted to get my Perkspot discount. Loving the discounts!

I had already ordered the Pencil weeks ago.

Delivers March 29th-31st :)

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
UK
I'm always interested in these things...

What case colour/ colour combination is everyone getting?

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
I have a 64GB currently, the new unit has 4K video capture and that can use a massive amount of space!

Reactions: bchreng

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
UK
I am all for wasting money, i was actually curious what you are storing i got a 128 and i couldnt fill it up.
I'd be interested to know this as well.
I only went by my iPhone, 32GB is a tad too small, 64GB would've been perfect for me, but what do you do with 256GB? Big music/Photo collection?

tellemfred

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
Wavered all day yesterday between 32 and 128 and ended up going Space Grey 128 through AT&T.

Upgraded through the myAT&T app since the website was acting funny.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
256GB Space Gray Wi-Fi + Cellular
Royal Blue case & cover
Already have the Pencil

I am currently always having to remove videos on my iPad to add others or get the latest podcasts. I like Adventure games that are over 1GB in size each, then have many other apps. I load my iPad with Podcasts (sideload from iTunes into iCatcher initially, then usually download new podcasts directly into iCatcher from then on). Plus I have a few TV series loaded in. Then I also like to have my photos from my latest family holiday (which was 6 weeks USA trip including Disney World, Disneyland, Las Vegas, LA). My 128GB iPad is usually full, so 256GB will be great....plus when I become a tourist again, I will have room for 12 megapixel photos and 4K video. ;)
I had other reasons for upgrading my iPad Air 2 to the 9.7" Pro as well....mostly the Pencil support & 4 speakers, but also for direct keyboard connection (a later purchase for me depending on next holiday), upgraded camera (which is great but I have in my 6S) and new screen technologies.
If you can't tell, I'm a heavy iPad user.

Reactions: bduchovny

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
Are the dimensions of the new 9.7 the same as the Air 2? Will my Air 2 case fit the new model?

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
UK
Are the dimensions of the new 9.7 the same as the Air 2? Will my Air 2 case fit the new model?
They are the same dimension, BUT the old cases don't support the new port or the extra speakers. So, as expected, you will have to buy new accessories (unless you don't care about covering up the above mentioned things)

Reactions: CE3

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I wasn't going to order one until I re-watched the keynote via YouTube last night, change my mind. Went for a 128gb 4g in space grey, with a keyboard and pencil.

Upgrading from the iPad Air.

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
They are the same dimension, BUT the old cases don't support the new port or the extra speakers. So, as expected, you will have to buy new accessories (unless you don't care about covering up the above mentioned things)

Existing cases would also cover up the camera flash & the magnets don't line up on the cover to turn the screen on and off.

Reactions: Loveandterror

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014

Ahh, that's right. I definitely don't want to cover the speakers up.

tellemfred

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
Question for people who have preordered from AT&T before - do they send confirmation emails after purchase or just when it ships? I didn't get an email after ordering through the app, but my card was charged and it shows up in my AT&T account. I'm not worried, just curious.

EDIT: 5 minutes after posting this (and 2.5 hours after ordering) I got a confirmation email and text. So nevermind!

Last edited:

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2010
I'd be interested to know this as well.
I only went by my iPhone, 32GB is a tad too small, 64GB would've been perfect for me, but what do you do with 256GB? Big music/Photo collection?

For a device I will keep forever, I'd rather have the capacity for $150 more than not having it 2-3
Question for people who have preordered from AT&T before - do they send confirmation emails after purchase or just when it ships? I didn't get an email after ordering through the app, but my card was charged and it shows up in my AT&T account. I'm not worried, just curious.

Never ordered an iPad before from AT&T. For iPhones I learned if you order from AT&T it ships 2-4+ months from when you ordered it. If someone ordered from a carrier and got it before they received it from Apple, I'd be curious!

tellemfred

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
Will you actually keep it forever though?

tumblr_inline_nj0coalfF01qm2rdd.gif

Reactions: Loveandterror

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
I feel so cheap seeing all the 128-256 models you guys ordered haha! I only got a 32Gb wifi gold model at 3AM EST. Fingers crossed it's in on the 31st.

Oh and btw after all these years of owning the whole suite of Apple products, this will be my first iPad!

Loveandterror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
UK
I feel so cheap seeing all the 128-256 models you guys ordered haha! I only got a 32Gb wifi gold model at 3AM EST. Fingers crossed it's in on the 31st.

Oh and btw after all these years of owning the whole suite of Apple products, this will be my first iPad!

I don't think it has anything to do with being cheap or not. If you only need 32GB, why get more?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.