Ipad pro + Apple pencil transport

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Jervasio, Aug 10, 2017.

?

How do you carry your Apple pencil

1. Close to your iPad

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. In a separate case

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Jervasio macrumors member

Jervasio

Hello everyone,
    I'm thinking about buying something to carry the apple pencil but there's one problem which I am considering: How the apple pencil activates the connection with the ipad.

Basically I'm thinking if I should buy a case with attachment for Apple pencil/Iman that attaches to a case OR a separate case for Apple pencil so it doesn't drain battery by being so close to the ipad, however if I throw the pencil in my bag even on a separate case it might activate the pencil and it's basically the same thing..

Can anyone provide me advice about how the apple pencil activates/enters the sleep mode and how do you carry your Apple pencil based on this?

Much appreciated,
    Neto

2. Jervasio thread starter macrumors member

Jervasio

3. Diving Capers macrumors regular

Diving Capers

The UAG Metropolis has a pencil holder and a cover for the screen.

My pen has arrived but my iPP hasn't shipped yet... I will carry my pen "close to my heart" :p

4. Jervasio thread starter macrumors member

Jervasio

Thanks for the reply, but honestly I'm more interested in how does the pen activate/goes to sleep so I can decide how I should carry the pen..

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

The Pencil activates not through presence of the paired iPad, but through the accelerometer that detects motion. Thus, if you carry it around in a bag or attached to the iPad all day it will drain the battery faster than sitting still regardless of how you carry it. My backpack has a dedicated pencil pocket that I carried my styli in for years. Now that I have the Pro with the Smart Keyboard, I took a pencil clip from a mechanical pencil in my drawer, fitted it to the Apple Pencil and clip it to the keyboard. Works perfectly.