Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Not sure what I am doing wrong here; I have a brand new iPad Pro M1 11 inch w. Magic Keyboard. When I point the mouse over where the dock should be, it does not come up. However it will come up if I use my finger on the touch screen. Is there something I am doing wrong here? Shouldn’t the dock auto come up when I put the cursor over where the dock should be?

And yes I have restarted; I have undocked, re-docked.. is there a tip on how to fix this?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Not sure what I am doing wrong here; I have a brand new iPad Pro M1 11 inch w. Magic Keyboard. When I point the mouse over where the dock should be, it does not come up. However it will come up if I use my finger on the touch screen. Is there something I am doing wrong here? Shouldn’t the dock auto come up when I put the cursor over where the dock should be?

And yes I have restarted; I have undocked, re-docked.. is there a tip on how to fix this?
Are you running the latest version of iPadOS?

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Are you running the latest version of iPadOS?
Yes. The dock will come up but not on hover. I have to move the cursor really quickly from the top of the screen down to the bottom And then it will come up. It’s pretty annoying.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
You need to put your cursor down to the bottom and then keep moving it downwards. That’s what invokes the dock to come up when an app is running. Is that what you’re doing?

Reactions: Shirasaki

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 27, 2014
You need to put your cursor down to the bottom and then keep moving it downwards. That’s what invokes the dock to come up when an app is running. Is that what you’re doing?
Oh my god, I feel so dumb. Thank you.. This fixed it. I felt like it should operate like Mac OS w/ the dock. not new to iPad Pro but new to the keyboard. It’s a real game changer!

Reactions: UltimateSyn

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Oh my god, I feel so dumb. Thank you.. This fixed it. I felt like it should operate like Mac OS w/ the dock. not new to iPad Pro but new to the keyboard. It’s a real game changer!
No worries at all! I was hoping that was the only thing wrong. You taught me something new in mentioning that if you hit the dock area swiftly when moving from the top to the bottom of the screen that it gets invoked that way too. Interesting that its kind of momentum-based. I definitely understand expecting it to act like macOS - but I have to say I prefer the iPad’s implementation since I am often attempting to interact with elements near the bottom of my Mac’s screen and accidentally pulling up the dock, which then gets in the way.

Reactions: magicschoolbus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.