Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

110315-best_buy_ipad_deleted.jpg

Following up on yesterday's report that Apple is cutting off supplies of all iPad models to resellers ahead of tomorrow's media event, we've just heard from a Best Buy source that all iPad models have been transitioned to a "deleted" status at the source's store.

110315-best_buy_ipad_deleted_2.jpg

There is no word yet on any incoming shipments or placeholders in Best Buy's systems, but Apple is widely expected to introduce updated iPads at tomorrow's event, with availability rumored to come very soon after.

Best Buy inventory screens can be unreliable sources of information given the company's tendency to use placeholders based on rumors and guesses rather than concrete information, but they occasionally do offer accurate information and can be a good source of insight into supply constraints due to the company's role as a major Apple retail partner.

Article Link: iPad Showing Up as 'Deleted' in Best Buy Inventories

blackpond

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
This confirms it. There will be no iPad 2. Wednesdays event will be about iMacs and mention the discontinuation of iPad which has been an under performer.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I'd only be impressed if they are the same price or cheaper.

I'm thinking the new start is $599 (but all will have 3G). If you want it cheaper you can get them through subsidies or you can get a 1st gen refurb.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
This confirms it. There will be no iPad 2. Wednesdays event will be about iMacs and mention the discontinuation of iPad which has been an under performer.

I like this logic. It is the only logical conclusion with the facts given.
R.I.P. iPad.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Yup, the fact that it has been deleted just means that the trolls were right all along: the iPad will never sell, and now Apple has seen the light.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
$499 for 32GB wifi only model and i will have no regrets about dumping my ipod with a phone inside chip for Android

nathanw

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010

You forgot Apple announcing that the attention focused on the iPad will now shift solely to the iPod classic.

CountBoni

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
London, UK
Yup, the fact that it has been deleted just means that the trolls were right all along: the iPad will never sell, and now Apple has seen the light.

Yes you're right mate, the iPad was an absolute mistake, Apple barely sold a couple hundreds and they didn't set the standard for the future of computing. Biggest tech flop in history... (NOT!)

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
oh no, so long my plan to buy an iPad1 for less than 499 US$ :(

It seems that the iPad will follow the path of the ipod, where the old version gets deprecated. I was hopping that it will take the path of the iPhone, where the old version gets cheaper :(

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Yes you're right mate, the iPad was an absolute mistake, Apple barely sold a couple hundreds and they didn't set the standard for the future of computing. Biggest tech flop in history... (NOT!)

You reminded me of this: "we sold tens of ... dozens of copies."

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC

Sarcasm doesn't need such a strong rebuttal. :rolleyes:

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
I'd only be impressed if they are the same price or cheaper.

I'm thinking the new start is $599 (but all will have 3G). If you want it cheaper you can get them through subsidies or you can get a 1st gen refurb.

I thought maybe Apple was continuing to show shipping within 24 hours on all six iPad models because iPad 2 would maintain current pricing and ship on new orders starting Wednesday.

Has anyone heard of online orders from the last several days showing delayed?

scottdot

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
New Mexico

This actually would be welcome in my opinion! I'm in the market for both an iPad and an iMac, and I really want a new iMac way more than a new iPad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.