Ipad2. I'm not impressed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cfII, Sep 9, 2011.

1. cfII macrumors regular

Just picked up a wifi 16gig ipad2. My biggest gripe is the screen resolution. This is PATHETIC. X-plane looks like some 8 bit nintendo game. It's just really sad, I'm surprised apple didn't the screen on the 2. It's UNACCEPTABLE.
    Its a good browser and if it had a better screen and maybe a gig of ram and came WITH the smart cover(I though it did) I could see dropping over $500 dollars for this thing. It's going back.

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

What more can you expect from a 9.7" display? Many 32" TVs have a resolution of 1280×720 (720p) and the iPad has 1024x768... I can't complain. Most 10" netbooks have even less pixels.

3. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

Is there a reason you couldn't go into Best Buy or the Apple Store and try it out before you bought? I recommend that everyone do this before buying a tablet. I love my iPad 1, but I won't upgrade until they increase the screen resolution. It's not 8-bit as the OP states, but I'd like it to be higher.

4. cfII thread starter macrumors regular

I know. It's just that it IS a screen. They could of done better. I feel as it it's just not close to being worth what they charge. I got the total base model and ia feel jacked. Bottom line, iPad has potential but currently it's just poorly executed.

----------

No I tried them out before but never played xplane, which looks KILLER on my iPhone, and on my MacBook pro. I just can't believe this iPad 2 is the current version, and it's $500+ it seems over priced and outdated

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Just wait until Retina display next year then.

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Yeah, too bad millions of people are buying them and they couldn't even keep them in stock when they launched it. :rolleyes:

Clearly you bought it for the hype and not for the device itself. iPad is an amazing device but it's not some miraculous cure for all that ails you. Not sure what you expected, but sounds to me those expectations were unrealistic and impractical at best.

7. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Have you looked at other tablets and their resolution? Notice how so many manufacturers can't compete with Apple's price point and offer the same materials? HP went out of business, and every other tablet isn't selling squat in comparison and as a result most are on sale in an attempt to get them off the shelves.
    You see, Apple made a killer product, with materials that provide a great experience at a price people can live with.
    I think you should go buy yourself an Android tablet... I'm sure you'll just fall in love with their quality, their OS and their app store. Sorry, but this post smells of nothing more than troll. :rolleyes:

8. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

9. roow110 macrumors regular

The ONLY reason why they didn't include the retina display on the iPad 2 was that the technology was not and still is not available to make it, so stop your griping and wait till next year.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

By saying the screen looks terrible it only shows you have never used or seen one in real life and are reading off specs alone.

Its silly to only look at specs.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

500 is certainly not cheap, but whether is worth it or not depends on usage.it isn't for everyone.

12. coldmack macrumors 6502

That has slowly changed with many now offering the standard 1366x768 res.

I think many of wish the iPad had an 8-bit display. Heck, even the current MBP and MBA only come with a 6-bit display, which is kind of a shame since Apple like to tout higher quality parts vs their Wind'ohs PC counterparts. :/ Think about it an ipad 3 with an 8-bit(or better yet 10-bit) IPS display, 1440 x 768 res or something. Yum.

13. bluesteel macrumors 6502

retina will be nice, but the iPad 2 screen is perfectly fine...i'm very happy with mine.

14. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Return it and wait for the next generation or deal with it!

15. ghett0tech macrumors member

i don't know what you expect? like somebody said earlier in the thread you bought for hype. stop being hipster, return it, and wait for next model to come out. you are obviously not happy with it. no use keeping the iPad.

16. Redwyvern macrumors newbie

Please don't feed the troll. "8 bit." LOL. Yeah, ok. "UNACCEPTABLE." More than 1 million sold, 4-600,000 in the first week. "Thought the Smart Cover came with it". More LOL's. You sir, are an unintelligent shopper. Please, stick to Android, you're NOT the market Apple is looking for. :rolleyes::eek:

17. Letsjet macrumors member

I know that many will defend and potentially get defensive over your words. I'll take them at face value, and I believe you have a right to your opinion. I too have reviewed the IPad screen res and although I'm not critical of it, I realized I had no immediate need for the device and decided to hold off until the next revision. If the next revision has a higher res screen and a few other things I'm looking for, I'll pull the trigger. I suggest you might want to do the same.

18. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

the gig of ram gave you away, Troll much??? Now gtfo

19. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

The sharpness of screen depends on the viewing distance. TV is kept at a distance, pixelation doesn't show up much while the same thing on iPad would show up. You cannot compare apples to oranges.

To the OP: Good hardware should be supported by good hardware, else its a waste. All Android tablets boast of great specs but without good apps to take advantage of it, they are just a waste. The sales clearly prove this fact. I do agree screen resolution isn't as good as iPhone 4's "retina display" but its practically impossible to make a 300ppi display for a tablet. iPad is not for everyone, if you don't like it return it.

20. melman101 macrumors 68030

Honestly while the iPhone 4 does have a ridiculous screen, I've never ever had a problem with the quality of the iPad screen. I love it.

21. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The iPad has potential? :p

22. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Yeah, sure crappy screen, that's why they just can't sell them.

Where do people get this crap?

23. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

24. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Did you even buy X-Plane for iPad or using the iPhone version. if you are using iPhone of course it will look bad, you have to blow it up 2X. X-Plane iPad is an amazing game, graphics are superb.

25. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Okay.