Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smekyyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2020
Hey,
did anyone notice any significant bugs in the system? Last iPadOS 13 beta had a lot of bugs so I hope the new version is better.

smekyyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2020
For example, last year in the first versions of iOS and iPadOS 13 there were problems with the application Reminders and a lot of apps and games crashed. Please let know some significant errors you have encountered.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Is it wrong to run iOS 14 now if your not a developer or even possible ?

Or is it better to wait until July ?

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
It’s way too early to tell what’s broken at this point. I’ve been using it for the past few hours and I haven’t had any major issues though.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Not if you need to downgrade.
With all the cloud syncing stuff it really isn’t a major problem anymore. If you have a ton of photos it’ll take a while on wifi to get them all but that’s the worst of it.
[automerge]1592882514[/automerge]
Is there anyway for Apple to file lawsuits against people who try iOS 14 who are not developers and do not have a developer account ?
Nope. Well, I suppose they could but it isn’t worth their time to do so.

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
While it is too early to tell in general, so far on my iPhone, I have not had a single respring, no crashes, all apps work and speed seems the same. My iPad is a little more glitchy, but still plenty stable.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
If I install iOS 14 Beta 1 Developer version can I update to public beta 1 easily once it is released then to beta 2 and so on ?

I am ready to go for the ride!

Last edited:

smekyyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2020
If I install iOS 14 Beta 1 Developer version can I update to public beta 1 easily once it is released then to beta 2 and so on ?

I am ready to go for the ride!
No, you must delete downloaded developer profile and download new one, Public Beta. Than you should update from developer to public betas.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
if You have a spare phone you could install the beta on the spare phone and when the second beta comes out then I say go and do it. I say you also have a copy of the restore file just incase something happens to you daily driver

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
While it is too early to tell in general, so far on my iPhone, I have not had a single respring, no crashes, all apps work and speed seems the same. My iPad is a little more glitchy, but still plenty stable.
One respring I had was if I try to drag a first party widget below a third party. And I had an issue adding the weather widget where it was stuck on that widget with no others showing, and I couldn't get back to my home screen without restarting the device.

Mrjynx

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Toronto
A few minor issues here and there which was resolved by restarting the app. Good beta 1, but previous years new releases progressively got worse before it got better. Proceed with caution, or wait until public beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.