iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Available Unlocked at Launch Day, AppleCare+ Priced at $199 for 11 Pro and $149 for 11

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
They could have said most expensive ever. That would definitely be true. This is getting to be ridiculous. I'm hanging on to my iPhone 8 until Apple gets the message.... people can't afford to spend $1000 on a phone.
You’re confused, the new iPhone is $649. No one said you’re entitled to the top-tier offering at entry-level pricing.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Now this made me laugh. In a country of over 1 billion, less that 200 million have access to 4G. Thats a lot less than the US percentage wise.
I'm not sure where you're getting the stats from or what they mean by "access to 4G". Do they mean it's available but they can't afford it or they're in rural areas without it. Statistics usually say what the person who paid for the study wanted them to say. Where I visited they had just as good if not better cellular coverage than the USA. I will say I didn't go to any crazy remote villages. It's often thought by people in the USA that we have the best of everything but asian countries usually beat us when it comes to technology and education.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I'm not sure where you're getting the stats from or what they mean by "access to 4G". Do they mean it's available but they can't afford it or they're in rural areas without it. Statistics usually say what the person who paid for the study wanted them to say. Where I visited they had just as good if not better cellular coverage than the USA. I will say I didn't go to any crazy remote villages. It's often thought by people in the USA that we have the best of everything but asian countries usually beat us when it comes to technology and education.
I remember reading about Bluetooth, and how it was pretty widespread use in Asia, long before anyone here had any idea what it was.

Reactions: russell_314

gabberattack

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2019
I'm upgrading from an iPhone 6s. Are these the only differences between the 11 and 11 Pro?

Better OLED display on Pro
Slightly better battery in Pro
Telephoto camera lens included in Pro only
Film tools for Pro only that allow special video features like simultaneously video recording form different lenses
512GB in Pro versus maximum 256GB in 11

What else is the difference between iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro other than what I listed above and size/finish?

6s is great, keep it instead of this fugly joke.... so sad...

G4DPII

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
There is Wifi 6. And totally agree about 5G not being ready for prime time.
The US maybe behind in 5G, it's rolling out fast around the rest of the globe. If they cared more about customers and not petty squables Apple could have had a massive incentive for more people to upgrade.

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
www.week4paug.net
I will say their Mac repairs are a little ridiculous. Lots of people, myself included, use them for work. If they have to send it off for repair you would think they would have loaners. Instead they prefer you buy one and then return it when you get yours back.
I have Joint Venture and they do give you loaners with any Mac repair...

jimbobb24

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Where I visited they had just as good if not better cellular coverage than the USA. I will say I didn't go to any crazy remote villages. It's often thought by people in the USA that we have the best of everything but asian countries usually beat us when it comes to technology.
Packers1958 is saying something about population density and technology distribution. You visited a giant city and got good coverage which has almost nothing to do with their comment.

This map shows the coverage of 4G in China:
https://www.nperf.com/en/map/CN/-/2430.China-Mobile/signal/?ll=32.02670629333614&lg=97.73437500000001&zoom=5

You can look at maps of the US and see that coverage is quite good even outside of major metropolises. So when people say ... in China 5G is happening now the evidence is that 4G is happening only in major cities.

I agree that population dense Asian countries tend to be much better at rolling out technology, but it is the population density which helps them more than anything else.

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
The US maybe behind in 5G, it's rolling out fast around the rest of the globe. If they cared more about customers and not petty squables Apple could have had a massive incentive for more people to upgrade.
Apple will be fine. 5G is a crapshoot right now and the “petty squabbles” involved most of the major tech players and governmental entities on a few continents against a certain sh#tty company.

seancusick

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2005
I am having a no go with Sprint pre-approval. I keep getting: we're sorry Your existing rate plan is not an eligible iphone plan. When I contacted Sprint, they said you can't be pre-approved via the apple store, but thru the spring app only. Has any Sprint people been able to pre-register?

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i thought about upgrading from the XR to the iPhone 11 (not the pro). It would cost $379 (USA, fully paid, no contracts). Does the remainder of me Applecare+ carry over to a new phone when I do this in the Apple store?

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Packers1958 is saying something about population density and technology distribution. You visited a giant city and got good coverage which has almost nothing to do with their comment.

This map shows the coverage of 4G in China:
https://www.nperf.com/en/map/CN/-/2430.China-Mobile/signal/?ll=32.02670629333614&lg=97.73437500000001&zoom=5

You can look at maps of the US and see that coverage is quite good even outside of major metropolises. So when people say ... in China 5G is happening now the evidence is that 4G is happening only in major cities.

I agree that population dense Asian countries tend to be much better at rolling out technology, but it is the population density which helps them more than anything else.
I'm glad you have access to some secret CIA database that tells you I only visited a "giant city" but perhaps you should tell your buddies at the agency that their data is incorrect. I didn't go to any extreme remote areas but I also didn't stay in this imaginary giant city you speak of. As to the map I have some doubt as to it's accuracy. It says where I live in the USA I don't even have 3G LOL.....
[doublepost=1568219026][/doublepost]
Apple will be fine. 5G is a crapshoot right now and the “petty squabbles” involved most of the major tech players and governmental entities on a few continents against a certain sh#tty company.
Agreed... Even if you plan to keep your phone for three years I don't see a reliable 5G network being online by then. In downtown of some major US cities you might have 5G so if you're spending your day in an office building then perhaps it's an issue.

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016

Apple's upcoming iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max devices will all be available unlocked and SIM free on launch day, suggesting there will be no supply issues with the new iPhones.

Customers will also be able to purchase iPhones for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon if desired, using "Apple iPhone Payments" with the Apple Card, a carrier's device payment program, or the Apple iPhone Upgrade program, which includes AppleCare+ coverage.

The Apple iPhone Payments option is new this year, and it will allow users to pay for their iPhones using Apple Card to receive 3 percent back Daily Cash with each payment. Apple is not offering a no interest payment plan with the Apple Card, however.

AppleCare+ for the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max is priced at $199, which is the same price as AppleCare+ was for the iPhone XS and XS Max.

AppleCare+ for the new iPhone 11 is priced at $149, which is the same price as AppleCare+ for the iPhone XR.

AppleCare+ extends the warranty of the new iPhones to 24 months and also covers two incidents of accidental damage with a service fee of $29 for screen damage or $99 for other damage.

Apple says that its newest iPhones are more water resistant (IP68 and water resistant at two meters (iPhone 11) and four meters (iPhone 11 Pro) for 30 minutes) and more shatter resistant with more durable glass, but AppleCare+ is still a good idea for peace of mind, especially for those who prefer to go without a case.

The iPhone 11 and the iPhone 11 Pro models will be available for pre-order on Friday, September 13 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time or 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Article Link: iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Available Unlocked at Launch Day, AppleCare+ Priced at $199 for 11 Pro and $149 for 11
iPhone Upgrade Program Preapprovals are now live as well!
[doublepost=1568226681][/doublepost]I'm definitely in for the 11 Pro Max! I have the XS Max but this new one will be faster and with a better camera. Can't wait...
[doublepost=1568226814][/doublepost]
Look at Samsung selling a 5G Note 10 when there's literally not 5G network available, probably won't be pervasive until 2021. Really stupid on their part.

Jack Burton

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2015
Lowering the price if the 11 is cool. Wide angle is cool. Arcade looks like a fun diversion to try out every few months. 11 looks like solid phone to me after years away on Android.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Lowering the price if the 11 is cool. Wide angle is cool. Arcade looks like a fun diversion to try out every few months. 11 looks like solid phone to me after years away on Android.
I hope you like it. I believe there is a 14 day return policy so if you find iOS is just not for you then take it back. There's some big differences that some people just can't deal with.

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
It's funny, I just got a great price on the Note 10+ by trading in my Pixel 3 XL, but I'm gonna get the iPhone 11 Pro Max! I've used Android for years, but the iPhone with the big screen and no damned home button really appeals to me. I feel it's a just a superior, better made phone compared to the Androids...

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
It's funny, I just got a great price on the Note 10+ by trading in my Pixel 3 XL, but I'm gonna get the iPhone 11 Pro Max! I've used Android for years, but the iPhone with the big screen and no damned home button really appeals to me. I feel it's a just a superior, better made phone compared to the Androids...
Wait you just bought a Note 10+ (A great phone IMO) and now you're going to get an iPhone 11 Pro Max (Also a great phone IMO). I guess if you have the money why not. I hope you like iOS because it's quite a bit different than Android.

Reactions: Pinhead117

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
I'm a electronic junkie from way back. I buy the latest and greatest every year from Apple and Samsung. The Note 10+is an awesome phone, it's just that iPhone and Android are very different animals. I always seem to go back to Apple though when it comes to the cellphones. It's just my love and my hobby. I build PCs too, it's like a nightmare, but I adore tech. I guess this is why I don't travel more, haha!
[doublepost=1568230039][/doublepost]
Wait you just bought a Note 10+ (A great phone IMO) and now you're going to get an iPhone 11 Pro Max (Also a great phone IMO). I guess if you have the money why not. I hope you like iOS because it's quite a bit different than Android.
I actually feel very comfortable with both iOS and Android although I'm not a MacBook Pro lover, I prefer a Windows experience.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I'm a electronic junkie from way back. I buy the latest and greatest every year from Apple and Samsung. The Note 10+is an awesome phone, it's just that iPhone and Android are very different animals. I always seem to go back to Apple though when it comes to the cellphones. It's just my love and my hobby. I build PCs too, it's like a nightmare, but I adore tech. I guess this is why I don't travel more, haha!
[doublepost=1568230039][/doublepost]
I actually feel very comfortable with both iOS and Android although I'm not a MacBook Pro lover, I prefer a Windows experience.
You sound like me. I love tech. I built my first PC a while back and looking back I can still remember my terrible cable management :eek:. I built a basic gaming desktop for my son and did better on that one. I play games on a laptop just because it's more portable. I like Windows or Mac OS about the same. Currently typing on my Mac mini. If I had the extra $$$$ I would get the Note 10+ just to play with Android. One of my friends has one and it looks pretty awesome.

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Yes, I am probably your evil twin, haha! And my first PC build looked like there were black octopus tentacles in there, thank God the Corsair case didn't have a window! For about 10 years I would build in Full tower gargantuan cases cuz it was easier...I finally built in a Mid Tower case in August and with more experience everything looks pretty neat, even with a glass door! The Note 10+ is awesome, but you know how Samsung lags behind in the updates. And the Pixels are so damn plain, no looks or flash. I'll no doubt give the Note 10+ to my Son when he destroys his S8+. Ray hates Apple. I always gravitate back to Apple.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Yes, I am probably your evil twin, haha! And my first PC build looked like there were black octopus tentacles in there, thank God the Corsair case didn't have a window! For about 10 years I would build in Full tower gargantuan cases cuz it was easier...I finally built in a Mid Tower case in August and with more experience everything looks pretty neat, even with a glass door! The Note 10+ is awesome, but you know how Samsung lags behind in the updates. And the Pixels are so damn plain, no looks or flash. I'll no doubt give the Note 10+ to my Son when he destroys his S8+. Ray hates Apple. I always gravitate back to Apple.
Maybe so. My first build was in a big aluminum case that probably weighed 30 pounds. I want to build another one day. I thought Samsung was better with the updates now? I know the best updates are Google like the Pixel. The Pixel doesn't have a flash? I heard the camera is awesome.

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Everything says that about Samsung, but the Note 10 is running Android 9 and god knows when the Android 10 update(which the Pixels just got a couple weeks ago) will reach Samsung. I traded the Pixel 3 XL in cuz I got a 600.00 credit if I bought the Note 10(couldn't turn that down). The Pixel 3 XL did have an awesome camera. I'm hoping the new Apple is just as good. I really don't have any desire for the Google Pixel 4 at this point, they are just really plain phones, no nice cases, not powerful hardware, lacking in RAM and processing power and they still think they're worth a grand!

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Everything says that about Samsung, but the Note 10 is running Android 9 and god knows when the Android 10 update(which the Pixels just got a couple weeks ago) will reach Samsung. I traded the Pixel 3 XL in cuz I got a 600.00 credit if I bought the Note 10(couldn't turn that down). The Pixel 3 XL did have an awesome camera. I'm hoping the new Apple is just as good. I really don't have any desire for the Google Pixel 4 at this point, they are just really plain phones, no nice cases, not powerful hardware, lacking in RAM and processing power and they still think they're worth a grand!
Well the advantage the Pixel has over iPhone is the photo processing is done on Google's servers so they can work magic. Apple is a bit obsessive with privacy so image processing is done on the phone. I heard about the mediocre specs of the Pixel but I hear the base Android makes up for it because it doesn't have other stuff running. Is it laggy or something? I honestly I like the plain look of the Pixel... It looks retro or something. That's why I liked the old XR with the single camera. Of course the trade off for looks on the XR is no second camera. I think Google's idea with the Pixel was to make a phone to compete with the iPhone. Minimalistic but functions very well. I haven't had the chance to play with one to see how they work.

Reactions: Pinhead117