iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Available Unlocked at Launch Day, AppleCare+ Priced at $199 for 11 Pro and $149 for 11

otakuon

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Unless their phone is literally dying/broken, I can't imagine someone "upgrading" to one of these hideous things. Especially when next year will have a new form factor, 5G, etc. Snoozefest.
Yeah, this is exactly the position I am in. I would be more than happy to keep my iPhone X for another year if it wasn't for the fact that it is literally coming apart at the seams thanks to a swelling battery.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Yeah, this is exactly the position I am in. I would be more than happy to keep my iPhone X for another year if it wasn't for the fact that it is literally coming apart at the seams thanks to a swelling battery.
Take it to the Apple store? Unless it's from damage you caused they will fix a swelling battery.

otakuon

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Take it to the Apple store? Unless it's from damage you caused they will fix a swelling battery.
Yes, I would, but the rub is my wife dropped my phone over a year ago and shattered the back, but even though the swelling didn't start until about a month ago, they would never fix it because of this. So yeah, I am stuck either way.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Yes, I would, but the rub is my wife dropped my phone over a year ago and shattered the back, but even though the swelling didn't start until about a month ago, they would never fix it because of this. So yeah, I am stuck either way.
It's possible that the battery was damaged due to the back being shattered. I would advise getting rid of it ASAP because lithium batteries tend to catch fire if they rupture. Even if that means getting a cheap or used phone as a fill in I would do this. I shattered the back of my XS Max and I keep an eye on any possible swelling. So far I don't think anything is damaged and I keep it in a case to protect the exposed areas of the back.

Pinhead117

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
I bought the Pixel 3 XL at release last year(around 10/21/18), got the "Not Pink" version and I honestly loved the phone for about 8 months. Then for some reason I got weary of it (one reason was the lack of cases available and it has a very plain, clean, no-nonsense look, guess I just needed a change) and switched back to my XS Max. The Pixel worked beautifully, android updates are immediate since Google is the maker of the Android OS. The phone is very cool. I just felt their price was high considering the lower RAM and such compared to what Samsung and Apple offer. Google usually has a very good price at Black Friday for their Pixels. Have a great night, nice chatting with you.

Reactions: russell_314

willtbryan

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Is there any reason to buy the phone with a carrier? It would only lock you into the carrier correct?