Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So which iPhone did you buy?

• iPhone 11 Product Red

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • iPhone 11 Purple

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Yellow

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • iPhone 11 Green

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Black

Votes: 28 2.2%
  • iPhone 11 White

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green

Votes: 161 12.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Space Grey

Votes: 144 11.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Silver

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Gold

Votes: 22 1.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green

Votes: 375 29.5%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Space Grey

Votes: 244 19.2%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Silver

Votes: 81 6.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Gold

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • I didn't partake in the festivities of buying a new iPhone

Votes: 37 2.9%
  • I'm Tim Cook

Votes: 36 2.8%

• Total voters

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
Anyone with a Sept.23rd delivery date already able to find tracking number using the reference on UPS ? (Order Number minus 2 last OR phone number) . Mine still not able to find it :(

aloper

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Thanks for the info but for me its not giving me the trade in options for my X. it shows my wife's X(only one payment is left for it) which i dont want to trade in. i am doing this on Apple Store app.

That's weird...
Thanks for the info but for me its not giving me the trade in options for my X. it shows my wife's X(only one payment is left for it) which i dont want to trade in. i am doing this on Apple Store app.

That's weird...I did mine through the app. I remember I got an email from Apple about getting a head start on pre-ordering but that link just opened up the app anyways. If you just open the app, go to the pre-order page and check out, does it list anything about the IUP program there? Also, I remember when I went to the pre-order page, there was a small link at the top..."check your upgrade eligibility"...

The only other thing I can think is, open the app, click on your avatar at the top right. Once the new page loads, scroll down to iphone upgrade program and tap that. There should be an upgrade eligibility link there as well...

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Anyone with a Sept.23rd delivery date already able to find tracking number using the reference on UPS ? (Order Number minus 2 last OR phone number) . Mine still not able to find it :(
I bet you’ll see something soon, it is probably gathering up with the others so they can all party in the airport like us 2:55ers.

Dogismo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2017
Bolton, UK
any people have UPS details in the uk?

i think most here are getting UPS details because it will take longer to get to USA

mine is due friday, not worried just wanna get in on the fun of tracking it

makes a big difference getting it on release, the last one i ordered took 4 weeks haha

StuLax18

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Well that’s interesting....
Are you one of the "2:55'ers"? Looks like you are grouped with us 5:55'ers now.
iphonescan.PNG

plasticsboss24

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
Is anyone seeing their iPhone tracking under the my choice UPS delivery showing up as tentative (see attached photo)?

This got me worried so i got on a chat with UPS -
Me: and that is why it made the shipment show as tentative? due to a potential of being held up in customs?
Me: does that mean it is held up in customs right now?
Klaus M: For this specific situation, it is not customs but due to a contractual agreement we have with Apple. So, they ship an amount of packages that UPS is not able to process at times, if they ship exceedings of that amount then there can be potential hold ups for some of their packages. It seems this package was scanned as being held up, but it is ready to be shipped out of China.
Klaus M: The records show your package actually got shipped out of China already and is on its way to Louisville, KY.
Me: you just said two different things so i am confused
Me: said it is being held up in china
Me: and then said it is on its way to KY
Me: sorry but which one is it?
Klaus M: That's okay. I hope this clear it up. The package was only scanned in China as part of the special processing we have with Apple, but the scans that we have in the system show a departure scan. Sometimes the exception scans are uploaded in buddle depending on the packages that were scheduled to be given that day.
Klaus M: So the scan of special processing could have triggered for it to show up as tentative .
Me: so it is 100% on a plane as we speak that will arrive in Louisville KY ?
Klaus M: Yes, that is correct. Internally, we can see the air container it is in and everything.
If everything goes as planned, the package will be scheduled for 9/20, pending normal customs clearance.

Kinda cool info.... and the UPS guy confirmed my iphone is on a plane that will land in Louisville KY as we speak! If anyone has my same scans they are probably travelling with me!

Attachments

• iphoneee.PNG
    iphoneee.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 109
  • scans.PNG
    scans.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 135

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
Is anyone seeing their iPhone tracking under the my choice UPS delivery showing up as tentative (see attached photo)?

This got me worried so i got on a chat with UPS -
Me: and that is why it made the shipment show as tentative? due to a potential of being held up in customs?
Me: does that mean it is held up in customs right now?
Klaus M: For this specific situation, it is not customs but due to a contractual agreement we have with Apple. So, they ship an amount of packages that UPS is not able to process at times, if they ship exceedings of that amount then there can be potential hold ups for some of their packages. It seems this package was scanned as being held up, but it is ready to be shipped out of China.
Klaus M: The records show your package actually got shipped out of China already and is on its way to Louisville, KY.
Me: you just said two different things so i am confused
Me: said it is being held up in china
Me: and then said it is on its way to KY
Me: sorry but which one is it?
Klaus M: That's okay. I hope this clear it up. The package was only scanned in China as part of the special processing we have with Apple, but the scans that we have in the system show a departure scan. Sometimes the exception scans are uploaded in buddle depending on the packages that were scheduled to be given that day.
Klaus M: So the scan of special processing could have triggered for it to show up as tentative .
Me: so it is 100% on a plane as we speak that will arrive in Louisville KY ?
Klaus M: Yes, that is correct. Internally, we can see the air container it is in and everything.
If everything goes as planned, the package will be scheduled for 9/20, pending normal customs clearance.

Kinda cool info.... but the UPS guy confirmed my iphone is on a plane that will land in Louisville KY as we speak! If anyone has my same scans they are probably travelling with me!
Doesn’t it still need to go to Anchorage first?

plasticsboss24

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
Doesn’t it still need to go to Anchorage first?

thats what i thought, that they go to Alaska first.... perhaps the guy meant Louisville is where it will eventually end up? I honestly dont know, but at least it is confirmed heading to the U.S. The only way to know for sure is to wait for the next scan i suppose....

Reactions: EW406

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
That's weird...

That's weird...I did mine through the app. I remember I got an email from Apple about getting a head start on pre-ordering but that link just opened up the app anyways. If you just open the app, go to the pre-order page and check out, does it list anything about the IUP program there? Also, I remember when I went to the pre-order page, there was a small link at the top..."check your upgrade eligibility"...

The only other thing I can think is, open the app, click on your avatar at the top right. Once the new page loads, scroll down to iphone upgrade program and tap that. There should be an upgrade eligibility link there as well...

mine just shows PreApprovals as may be i am pre approved. when i go into that it just starts the new IUP with my current one stating has to be turned back in. I will talk to Apple about this. Thanks for your help though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.