Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So which iPhone did you buy?

• iPhone 11 Product Red

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • iPhone 11 Purple

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Yellow

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • iPhone 11 Green

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Black

Votes: 28 2.2%
  • iPhone 11 White

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green

Votes: 161 12.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Space Grey

Votes: 144 11.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Silver

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Gold

Votes: 22 1.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green

Votes: 375 29.5%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Space Grey

Votes: 244 19.2%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Silver

Votes: 81 6.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Gold

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • I didn't partake in the festivities of buying a new iPhone

Votes: 37 2.9%
  • I'm Tim Cook

Votes: 36 2.8%

• Total voters

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
well me too.... but it's annoying because when i talk to UPS they keep telling me conflicting things.... like the one i just talked to said it was on a plane headed to Louisville and then i just spoke with another person that said this - "I do apologize for the conflicting information given, it appears that the supervisor spoke with you before the shipment was further scanned .

According to my records, the package may experience further delays as we have a contractual agreement with the shipper which limits the amount of packages that can be handed over to UPS on any given day"

so it is now delayed...

@caligirl - i get your point and i'm not being a douche to them but it is also their job.... i'm just annoyed because clearly they do not know what is going on. i am travelling for work all of next week so would be nice to get this new phone friday as expected.

So, your distrust of UPS made you call into an overworked call center to get conflicting info?

This must be your first pre-order.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
[doublepost=1568663038][/doublepost]
Agreed. It is still in the 90s over here in the middle of NC. Crazy hot.

To be fair, we’ve gotten more rain the last month, but these hot days can be gone. Luckily it’s supposed to be cooler in NC come Wednesday and until the weekend for the time being.

Reactions: splogue

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
well me too.... but it's annoying because when i talk to UPS they keep telling me conflicting things.... like the one i just talked to said it was on a plane headed to Louisville and then i just spoke with another person that said this - "I do apologize for the conflicting information given, it appears that the supervisor spoke with you before the shipment was further scanned .

According to my records, the package may experience further delays as we have a contractual agreement with the shipper which limits the amount of packages that can be handed over to UPS on any given day"

so it is now delayed...

@caligirl - i get your point and i'm not being a douche to them but it is also their job.... i'm just annoyed because clearly they do not know what is going on. i am travelling for work all of next week so would be nice to get this new phone friday as expected.

i haven't been following your threads but if UPS site says it will be delivered friday, it will be delivered friday. unless yours was in the group that had estimated delivery date of next week then you probably can expect it next week.

i don't get why people aren't trusting UPS and the delivery dates..they've been doing this for years. this isn't their first rodeo. they won't fu*k this up. too much at stake. apple is a huge contract for them!

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
ESR full screen. It has a black "border" that goes to the edge vs the ones that kinda plop on the middle of your screen and you feel every time to sweep up. We used this brand on our X phones, so I bought the same brand for my new 11PM

https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Tempered-Glass-iPhone-Pro-Max/dp/B07VZV2C9R/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1U0UZ5RF36AP&keywords=esr+iphone+11+pro+max+screen+protector&qid=1568653737&sprefix=esr+iphone+11+pro+max+s,aps,432&sr=8-3
Almost ordered that, then was afraid I might get a case that it wouldn't work with so went with the Spigen.

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
I find that impossible to believe since many who ordered minutes or even hours later fared better. Makes no sense.

And, these people ordered the EXACT phone as you, the same configuration, etc? It all depends on how fast you get in, place your order, and which phone you want. Some of the people who ordered ”hours” after you may have ordered a completely different phone!

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
My favorite that I've visited is the Chicago North Michigan Ave store. I didn't see the Lincoln Park store, though.
The old one or the one by Tribune Tower on the river? I have been there once, it's nuts! I bought my first iPad at the old Apple Store up by Watertower Place.

Reactions: Pipper99

plasticsboss24

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
So, your distrust of UPS made you call into an overworked call center to get conflicting info?

This must be your first pre-order.

well it all of a sudden changed to "tentative delivery sept. 20th".... it is my 1st pre order but dont i have a right to get in touch with UPS? Im not being rude to them, i am just asking whats going on

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i haven't been following your threads but if UPS site says it will be delivered friday, it will be delivered friday. unless yours was in the group that had estimated delivery date of next week then you probably can expect it next week.

i don't get why people aren't trusting UPS and the delivery dates..they've been doing this for years. this isn't their first rodeo. they won't fu*k this up. too much at stake. apple is a huge contract for them!

Even the years with the typhoon hold ups and import hold ups... and all the nail-biting... our phones still got here.

Reactions: jchiou

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Poll update: 4 times as many people claim to be Tim Cook as didn't participate in iPhone insanity.
[doublepost=1568663753][/doublepost]
well it all of a sudden changed to "tentative delivery sept. 20th".... it is my 1st pre order but dont i have a right to get in touch with UPS? Im not being rude to them, i am just asking whats going on
It's early. Wait until you hear something to get concerned.

Reactions: Andrew630

plasticsboss24

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
Even the years with the typhoon hold ups and import hold ups... and all the nail-biting... our phones still got here.

alright thank you.. i will relax lol. Yes it is my first pre order so perhaps i am anxious and excited with all of you. The ominous nature of not knowing where the phone is at the moment is kind of fun

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
My card was charged, but my order is still in ZhengZhou. Guess my iPhone is taking a tour of the factory. LOL :D

Reactions: DianaMR

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
It said that last year to don't worry. It doesn't mean much its just because of the way the shipping works since everything is being held until the 20th it confuses the system sometimes.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
alright thank you.. i will relax lol. Yes it is my first pre order so perhaps i am anxious and excited with all of you. The ominous nature of not knowing where the phone is at the moment is kind of fun

You'll see reports of phones leaving China, then going back to China, and other such nonsense. It's a massive, complicated operation to ship all those iPhones, but you'll get it when it's scheduled to arrive. I've been preordering for years and these threads are always entertaining.

Reactions: caligurl

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
I'm going to be stuck waiting for delivery on Friday. I didn't notice the deliver to store option (too early I guess) Both phones are in china now just waiting for their ride to the US.

I still have to go and pick up my watch though so unless our phones come early my husband will stay and wait. Oh well. UPS says by end of day right now although the phones have been delivered earlier most of the time. A few years ago I missed UPS and had to go and pick them up at the office that night. I don't want to do that again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.