Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So which iPhone did you buy?

• iPhone 11 Product Red

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • iPhone 11 Purple

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Yellow

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • iPhone 11 Green

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Black

Votes: 28 2.2%
  • iPhone 11 White

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green

Votes: 161 12.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Space Grey

Votes: 144 11.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Silver

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Gold

Votes: 22 1.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green

Votes: 375 29.5%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Space Grey

Votes: 244 19.2%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Silver

Votes: 81 6.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Gold

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • I didn't partake in the festivities of buying a new iPhone

Votes: 37 2.9%
  • I'm Tim Cook

Votes: 36 2.8%

• Total voters

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
9E2D0A8E-8D4A-4D2B-9347-BCAD6739BF95.jpeg
My clear case was delivered by Fedex

SparklyOne

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
I guess I’m extra excited because I’ve never preordered a phone before and I never thought I’d be this enthused about an Apple product. But, I’ve been on android for most of my adult life and recently switched to iOS this year in April in the form of an xr. So, now that I’m in love with iOS I preordered the 11 pro and can’t wait either.

welcome to the preorder insanity!

gaedfly

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I was already on the IUP, got preapproved a couple of days ago to trade in my XS max. Everything went smooth this am. I preordered via IUP upgrade, got my confirmation email from Apple and even charged the tax. I don’t have an email from Citizens One. Did anyone else get one from them if you were already on the IUP and just upgrading? Also, does your loan number change?
Yes got an email about an hour after I placed the order, yes the loan number changes.

randomguyishere

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
I haven't received my email order confirmation for my midnight green 11 pro 256GB. I ordered at 5am Pacific, got Sept 20th delivery. I have an order number from a PDF I saved of the order confirmation from apple.com, and my credit card has been charged. I was asked to sign in to my iCloud account before I purchased, but I don't think that should have made any difference. Has anyone else experienced this? Overall I guess I'm not too concerned because my card was charged. Hmmm...

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
My take on the whole workflow for a typical order is that once you place the order, tasks like credit card holds are put into place, the phones are then assigned to your order where the serial number and other properties are recorded. These logistical tasks are considered "Processing".

Once all of that is completed, then the shipping strategies are formed...grouping similar destinations, creating shipping labels (and, thus tracking numbers), physically inserting the products in shipping boxes and assigning to shipping pallets, etc. These are considered, "Preparing to Ship" status.

The pallets are picked up for their trip to the airport. They typically travel from China to World Port in Louisville or Nashville via FedEx. Once they arrive there, they are scanned by the transport company (UPS, FedEx, for example) and then your order status changes to "Shipped" and then you can explicitly track your package from there to your local distribution center where they are put on delivery trucks bound for your home (or other final destination).

Also, your product may arrive in the U.S. earlier in the week, but they will lay dormant until the night before your delivery date. At which time, it continues its journey to you.

There are many other steps I omitted (going through U.S. customs, a layover in Anchorage, Alaska [gotta refuel the airplane]), but those listed are the gist of it, in my experience.
They come to the US via UPS, not FedEx.

Reactions: DianaMR

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
as a user who hasn’t used Siri shortcuts, any way I could get tips on how you set this up?

Open Apple Store on your iPhone, go to My Orders and you'll see a button at the bottom to add a "Check Order Status" shortcut. It works great!

Reactions: EW406

UFallingRock

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
My order (64GB, Midnight Green, TMobile) status, which had been saying delivery by Sept 23 (even though I ordered at 5:01am), now simply states: "Arrives " with NO date. Hmmm. I hope it will change to the 20th

upload_2019-9-13_16-19-27.png

Reactions: imutter

Tromulous

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
AZ
FYI The Pro Max clear case was no longer available to arrive by launch day if you order through Apple. I went to Best Buy’s website and it was ordered and shipped today. Should be at my place Monday. Not sure how I’ll like it, I may keep this phone in the buff.

shelb724

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
Solon, Ohio
I'll definitely be doing the in-store pick up and since I'm on the yearly iUP, I prefer to take it in store and do a trade in on the spot so that they can close out my XS Max. Also I'm very fortunate, as I live like 2 minutes (walking distance) away from the Apple Store. I'll likely work that Friday and pick it up after work as usual.
I didn't have the option of instore pickup even though i really wanted it. Hopefully i will be home when its delivered!

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
FYI The Pro Max clear case was no longer available to arrive by launch day if you order through Apple. I went to Best Buy’s website and it was ordered and shipped today. Should be at my place Monday. Not sure how I’ll like it, I may keep this phone in the buff.
Thanks for this. I just ordered from Best Buy. Hope it arrives before launch.

Rock the phone naked! Cases are Dumb! Don't hide the color and beauty!

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
that may be the case, but in years past there have been stockpiles in the US.

kind of a half truth
There are phones in the US, and they are sent out to reviewers, certain development groups, carrier vips (CEO’s cio’s). All so they can get a jump on their endeavors before Friday general release date.
And as in years past there are always a few that get delivered the day before like leaks intentional ? :rolleyes:

However the bulk are in Manufacturing countries loaded a pallet at a time.
The enterprising among us can track them as they leave on planes, arrive and finally delivered

last year my launch day xS was part of a pallet that got held by outgoing customs In China for an in-depth inspection.

delivery was delayed by one 7 day week.

no updates no apologies just the Apple sorry it happens o_O

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
That does not surprise me, they were on sale right after the keynote on Tuesday, which is when I ordered mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.