Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v386

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2019
Disappointed that they said nothing about scratch resistance of the glass. I own a gen 1 SE and an iPhone 11, the iPhone 11 has the softest screen I've ever had on a smartphone, which Apple excused by claiming that by tough they mean only drop/shatter resistance and not scratch resistance. To add insult to injury the scratches aren't covered under Apple Care +. The deep scratch on my 11 is a constant reminder of this issue. They should have just bought Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for these new phones. I hold out hope that scratch resistance is actually improved and just omitted saying so for time, but given the amount of musical fluff in the presentation that seems doubtful.

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Geez, thanks there for the reminder, Captain Social & Environmental Justice

Welcome, I think you'll find that that's Tim Cook - I'm just not a hypocrite (in fact I'm extremely critical of post-modernism, the media-stoked social BS and the environmental green-washing that is going on, nor do I believe that the planet is ending in a decade).

Steve Jobs for all his failings, was wisely never into promoting games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.