Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and fourth-generation iPad Air are now available in stores and arriving to customers around the world.

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-singapore-02_10222020.jpg

Apple has shared a Newsroom post with a range of images to celebrate the launch of the new products. Over the next 24 hours, the Newsroom post will apparently be updated with photos from around the world.

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-louisville-kentucky-01_10222020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

Our own forum members have started a number of threads for tracking and following their iPhone 12 / 12 Pro orders around the world.

Our U.K. readers have been particularly active this morning, posting images of their iPhone 12 pickups at Apple Stores, and deliveries. This image of the line at the Covent Garden Apple Store was taken by paulopadopa.

covent-garden.jpg

Brenster visited Apple Store Manchester Trafford Centre and described the scene:
Apple store Manchester Trafford Centre was quiet first thing this morning. Arrived at 7.55 for an 8.15 IUP reservations. Couldn’t have been more than 10 people outside with no real queue, easily outnumbered by the staff inside the store. Opened up at exactly 8; staff member asked those with reservations to stand to one side. The 4 who didn’t who’d turned up on spec for a chance of a walk-in phone were asked to leave and to make an online reservation.

The 4 with 8am reservations were taken in, and 10 mins later those with 8.15 reservations, a couple more having joined the queue since 8.

In store, everything was running like clockwork; temp check, mask and hand wash on the way in, wipes and hand gel on every table for iPhone deactivation and entering details for the IUP application. Then off to the back of the store to pick out a plum silicone case, then out the door before 8.30am. Back home for 9.20am.

Both Apple Store & Trafford Centre staff were fantastic, their system this morning working fantastically well.
He describes his new 256GB Silver iPhone 12 Pro as "hella nice!" with a premium feel.

IMG_3145.jpg
Photo by cedar

There are a number of other photos of people picking up their iPhones: Pacific Blue, Gold, Booting Up, and even minor defects.

Join our iPhone forums to keep track of deliveries in your region.

U.S. Carrier Pre-Order Threads:

International Pre-Order Threads:

Article Link: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPad Air 4 Now Available

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
The girl down below wished there was TouchID on the iPhone, must be terrible right now to have FaceID only, I myself bumped into this problem several times, for me though it was easier because I just pulled the mask away to register for ApplePay.
She on the other hand has no easy way to do this with the mask under her headscarf.

Apple might be introducing TouchID back into the iPhones (Top models) next year if Covid stays around, I for one hope they actually consider this and bring it back.

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-singapore-02_10222020_big.jpg.large.jpg

Edit: MR now includes this picture in the article as the first picture, thumbs up for MR after I posted this picture above earlier.

The iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and fourth-generation iPad Air are now available in stores and arriving to customers around the world.

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-singapore-02_10222020.jpg

Apple has shared a Newsroom post with a range of images to celebrate the launch of the new products. Over the next 24 hours, the Newsroom post will apparently be updated with photos from around the world.

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-louisville-kentucky-01_10222020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

Our own forum members have started a number of threads for tracking and following their iPhone 12 / 12 Pro orders around the world.

Our U.K. readers have been particularly active this morning, posting images of their iPhone 12 pickups at Apple Stores, and deliveries. This image of the line at the Covent Garden Apple Store was taken by paulopadopa.

covent-garden.jpg

Brenster visited Apple Store Manchester Trafford Centre and described the scene:
He describes his new 256GB Silver iPhone 12 Pro as "hella nice!" with a premium feel.

IMG_3145.jpg

Photo by cedar

There are a number of other photos of people picking up their iPhones: Pacific Blue, Gold, Booting Up, and even minor defects.

Join our iPhone forums to keep track of deliveries in your region.

U.S. Carrier Pre-Order Threads:

International Pre-Order Threads:

Article Link: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPad Air 4 Now Available

Last edited:
Comment

davidec

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Looking forward to opening my 12 Pro. Hope it doesn’t look as light blue as the one in the article. Box is very small.

Comment

pcdtech

Suspended
May 11, 2020
Does anyone know if the iPhone 12 mini is on display at stores, or not yet?

Comment

max.ine

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
My wife picked her 12 Pro up here in Tokyo a few hours ago. We originally reserved one at the carrier's shop in our neighbourhood, but they didn't get any shipped in, so we ended up going downtown and getting it from another of their branches. Out of curiosity, I asked a guy working in the mall's official Apple reseller place if they know when they'd get their stock in, but he said they had no idea. Non-carriers must have it rough.

Comment

mortenb

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2013
Denmark
Received 2 new iPad Air today. Dead pixels on both... Apple offered to replace them with no discussion, but a lot of hassle and will now have to wait 3 weeks for new ones - and are the new ones better?

Have never understood Apples lack of QA on their displays. Also had dead pixels on my last iMac and MacBook Pro. They were also replaced (with new ones with no problems).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: dominiongamma
Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Received 2 new iPad Air today. Dead pixels on both... Apple offered to replace them with no discussion, but a lot of hassle - and are the new ones I receive better?

Have never understood Apples lack of QA on their displays. Also had dead pixels on my last iMac and MacBook Pro. They were also replaced (with new ones with no problems).

I’ve had a 2018 12.9” iPad Pro since launch day and it’s had a dead pixel ever since, but I never bother to replace it. It bothers me to this dayyy Lol.

I remember I had to swap my iPhone 5 FOUR times because of a flurry of dead pixels on all of them.

Comment

RodSerlingLives

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Today, I pick my blue iPhone 12 up from the SoHo store in Manhattan. I pre-ordered a little late so I wasn’t able to get it at my local Brooklyn store. I’m excited for it. I have had the iPhone SE2, which served as a refresher since I had been using Android devices for the last couple of years. I welcome the flat edged design. I hope everyone enjoys their new devices.

Comment

Shreducator

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
What are people’s use case scenario for 5G? I can’t think of any for my self. I barely use any data at all. Also how often is the phone actually using 5G if it switches back and forth. This seems like a bait and switch. Good for the wireless providers to charge for 5G data.

Comment

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
Maybe you missed that Iphone 12 has no touch id.
Pithy jokes have better impact.
The girl down below wished there was TouchID on the iPhone, must be terrible right now to have FaceID only, I myself bumped into this problem several times, for me though it was easier because I just pulled the mask away to register for ApplePay.
She on the other hand has no easy way to do this with the mask under her headscarf.

Apple might be introducing TouchID back into the iPhones (Top models) next year if Covid stays around, I for one hope they actually consider this and bring it back.
Not sure about this. The way TouchID works in iPad Air seems to require working around the cellular antenna which would be difficult with the lack of space on iPhone.

I feel the lack of TouchID during COVID is misdirected. Everyone’s chief concern is having to input your passcode with a mask on. Social distancing isn’t just wearing a mask and staying 6-ft apart, it’s staying home as often as possible. Making hard choices like not seeing family for thanksgiving.

Comment

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
What are people’s use case scenario for 5G? I can’t think of any for my self. I barely use any data at all. Also how often is the phone actually using 5G if it switches back and forth. This seems like a bait and switch. Good for the wireless providers to charge for 5G data.

The last phone I had without a case was my iPhone 5. Ever since the curved edge design, it’s been with a case. Too slippery for my tastes. With the new design? Who knows, but now with a home with all tile floors, probably a case since I drop my phone a lot.

Comment

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
The way TouchID works in iPad Air seems to require working around the cellular antenna which would be difficult with the lack of space on iPhone.
I'm sure Apple could figure out a way around that. The best solution would be to have TouchID in the power button and also have FaceID. That way, if you're wearing a mask you can use the button. If you're wearing gloves, you could use the face scanner.

Apple had mentioned they were working on a solution for the mask issue. So maybe we'll get it in a future update.

Comment

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005

Apple_iphone12-iphone12pro-ipadair-availability-singapore-02_10222020_big.jpg.large.jpg
That girl is wearing a headdress. Muslims women way ahead on the curve. If she was previously wearing full female face covering FaceID was never working for this girl when in public.

Last edited:
Comment

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005
Not sure why all the people talking about masks and TouchID. Masks not going to last forever and designing hardware around them is short sighted.

Comment

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Maybe you missed that Iphone 12 has no touch id.
Maybe you missed that this was an Apple forum.
[automerge]1603461549[/automerge]
That girl is wearing a headdress. Muslims women way ahead on the curve. FaceID was never working for this girl when in public.
FaceID works fine with hijabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005
FaceID works fine with hijabs.
Yes, but not with traditional face coverings. You are correct - I dont know what she was wearing before. I thought about it before I saw you post. Will edit mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

Slippery Gimp

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Leeds, UK
Got my 12 in black today, it’s a very nice upgrade from my 8 Plus. There was nothing wrong with my 8 Plus, but going back to it already and it feels dated in comparison. Just need to get an Apple saddle brown leather case when they are released.

Comment

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
That girl is wearing a headdress. Muslims women way ahead on the curve. If she was previously wearing full female face covering FaceID was never working for this girl when in public.

This is East Asia, few women wear Burkas there.
I lived in Indonesia for a decade, vast majority is muslim (~95%), you see them a tiny bit more than the rest of East Asia but the vast majority wears headscarves like the one in the photo or none at all.
FaceID works fine with headscarves.

Comment

diddl14

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Picked up my 12 Pro today. The 'wow' effect I had with all previous iPhones was unfortuonately not there this time...

Compared to my 3year old X, the metal band and the back glass both look and feel cheaper. I definitely liked the 4 following the design of the 3 but this just doesn't seem to have that feeling of a revolutionary new design with new and better materials. The bezel is just as big as with the X. And even though the 12 Pro is only a bit thicker, taller, wider and heavier, the massive metal band just makes it feel like a brick compared to the sleek, thin looking X.

Seriously thinking about returning it and invest a couple bucks for a new X battery. With lack of network coverage and feasible data plans, 5G is anyway a non-topic.

Going to make a few snapshots now to see if the camera is maybe worth keeping it...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.