Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenahon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2019
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
It sucks. Even on the latest iOS, I can't even get half a day out of it. Sure, I could disable all of the things that make iOS and iPhone so great and ink out an extra 1-2 hours. That sure is Apple's solution!

Is anyone else having this issue?

What are your plans come fall? Will you get the new mini or go with a larger phone with a larger battery?

Reactions: adb1973

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It sucks. Even on the latest iOS, I can't even get half a day out of it. Sure, I could disable all of the things that make iOS and iPhone so great and ink out an extra 1-2 hours. That sure is Apple's solution!

What are your plans come fall? Will you get the new mini or go with a larger phone with a larger battery?

Im curious if you’re using your 12 mini with both LTE/5G & Wi-Fi on most of it being powered on and both connected? Also interested if your unit gets warm (with or without a case on)?

sorry to hear of your battery issues. I do suggest warranty claim for the battery alone - sure you’ll get the 2hr annoyance setup from backup. All 13 iPhones get a bump in battery capacity btw.

Reactions: snipr125

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
I agree that it sucks, as somebody who uses their phone a shameful amount of hours per day.

If you only use 18W chargers, the battery goes from 0% to 35% in 15 mins, 50% in 30 mins, and 90% in an hour. I try to make it a habit to plug in whenever I have the opportunity.

As for this fall, I'm torn. The size of the Mini is still perfect for me, but I miss 2x optical zoom (hopefully more this year). If the 120hz screen is exclusive to the Pro phones as rumored, I might need to go back up, which SUCKS because I thought the 11 Pro was too big, and the 12 is bigger than that.

Reactions: timeconsumer

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
When I go to work. With moderate use I get 60% battery life at the end of the day that’s web browsing, text, streaming here and there. But when I’m at home streaming 2-3hrs then yah it’s not gonna last all day.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I honestly get great battery life out of my 12 mini, about 36 hours in between charges on average. I am a light/moderate user though, occasionally on Instagram but don't use TickTick/ Snapchat or any intense video based social networking (I use my Ipad Air 4 for heavier duty content consumption). After 8 months (Day 1 purchase), my battery capacity is at 98% which is not bad at all. I usually use 2.1 Amp chargers, which does not heat up the phone too much, unlike my 18W charger, which may have helped with the battery capacity a bit.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
No real complaints here (but of course one always wants more). Battery life is still the same for me now as it was when I first got it around 7+ months ago (same battery health (100%) as well).

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009

What are you using your phone for? What does an average day of use look like?

Reactions: aks650

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
I don't know. I usually watch YouTube a lot (on Safari because of the Adblock) and make video calls and I get by just fine.
Once when I travelled and forgot my charger I still used the camera a lot and got by two days. Of course I didn't watch YouTube then nor played games, but I got by two days.
It also charges ridiculously fast.

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
I found my mini has a worse time with battery if it's constantly trying to find a cell tower in a spotty location. I've enabled wifi-calling for a friends house that doesn't get good coverage and my battery life drastically improved there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.