Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artistichead

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
New Delhi, India
Hey all! Before I proceed any further, I’d like to thank everyone on this thread for keeping us in the loop with all the happenings on our minis. It felt nice to know that I wasn’t the only one suffering from a plethora of bugs. So, a giant thank you! Grateful to a number of you who were on the phone/chat with the Apple support team. Hope it wasn’t too harrowing an experience. Just installed the latest version and I’m happy to report that everything works fine for me. I am able to answer calls on the lock-screen, able to tap on the notification which routes me to the specific app it belongs to and I am able to turn on the camera and the torch. Also, I clicked a photo via camera shortcut on the lock-screen and I’m able to zoom into it without any issues. All in all, I think many of the bugs I was riddled with have been solved. If it helps, I downloaded the software OTA in India. I use a thick screen protector and a MagSafe silicone case. Upgraded from a 5s that I’ve been using since the day it launched and boy does it feel nice to experience a faster phone, lol. I hated the idea of using a big phone and thankfully Apple catered to the niche peeps who didn’t want too much of screen real-estate. Though I miss my 5s, it’s probably going to become a vintage paper weight now. Still looks as beautiful as day 1.
Have a great day (evening) ahead!

Last edited:

2Xtreme21

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
FIXED!!

Entering Passcode on the Lock Screen works now, flashlight button, camera button, swiping... Haven’t tested with a phone call yet though, but it seems like they’ve done it!

Quick edit: answering calls works too!

Reactions: DumbPhone

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Time to order screen protectors I initially returned to Amazon. iCarez which has worked well in the past has a 2D screen protector and they are on sale for 2 pack - $6.95. I bought 2 packs since I tend to break them over time:

Reactions: 5105973

mctskater

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2020
Will everyone that updated to 14.2.1 please post after running this update for a few days. I’d like to make sure apple doesn’t solve one problem to only create more. So far I’ve been able to live with the issue (just been using light touch’s from my finger tips). I’d hate to update and only to find out my battery dies faster. Lol.

Reactions: 5105973

Quarric

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
Really glad it appears to be fixed.
I don't regret returning the mini I got as the level of the issue was particularly annoying.
It does mean I might consider the mini again in future though only after im able to get to a shop to test one or 2 to ensure it's still not buggy with voice over.

Reactions: DumbPhone

adamfrompoland

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
The problem is only partially resolved. The screen still has poor sensitivity when we dont hold it in our hand and touch only the screen with our thumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.