Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CallmeBigfat

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
Lets hope the iphone 13 wont have this much of a distance focus point or maybe use the wide angle (if it has auto focus) so we can finally get fairly close to objects again.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
Lets hope the iphone 13 wont have this much of a distance focus point or maybe use the wide angle (if it has auto focus) so we can finally get fairly close to objects again.
Looks like the new ultrawide with autofocus on the 13 Pro models will address this issue greatly, with much better close-up performance, as close as 2cm which is not only far superior to the 12 Pro Max but also better than anything we’ve ever had before I think.

Reactions: CallmeBigfat

CallmeBigfat

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2015
Looks like the new ultrawide with autofocus on the 13 Pro models will address this issue greatly, with much better close-up performance, as close as 2cm which is not only far superior to the 12 Pro Max but also better than anything we’ve ever had before I think.
So happy when I heard this news.

Reactions: midkay

macachia

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
So they fixed the problem most of us are or were having with a hardware update.
The 12 pro max is the only iPhone that I’ve hated just for this one lousy ‘feature’. And before anybody downvotes this post, I’m a great apple fan; so dedicated that most years I cycle that year’s iPhone to a different colour

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.