Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
Going with the silver 256GB, went with a SS Silver AW6 this time around, so going that route, plus almost any case will go with it

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Caved and ordered the 12 Pro as soon as it went live........just cancelled it. Hopefully, this has bumped someone's back order to this Friday.

It's got to be the Pro Max. It's got to be black (all black everything), settling for "Graphite".

I've got to learn to be patient!

Hopefully a review for the 12 and 12 Pro can let me know if PWM is improved in the meantime......o_O??

Last edited:

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Caved and ordered the 12 Pro as soon as it went live........just cancelled it. Hopefully, this has bump someone's order to this Friday.

It's got to be the Pro Max. It's got to be black (all black everything), settling for "Graphite".

Hopefully a review for the 12 and 12 Pro can let me know if PWM is improved in the meantime......o_O??
I almost caved this morning as well. But I’m still holding strong as of now ?. Graphite for me as well.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Ordered the 12 product Red for my wife who is upgrading from an XR.

If the 6.1 Pro had the same camera as the Max, I would downsize from my 11 Pro Max to that. But if I factor in
  • Better Battery Life
  • Larger Screen
  • Camera
It’s worth the extra $100 and the wait for me. I’m 5’8 and have no problem using the Max sized phones one handed if I needed to. I’ve been using max sized phones since the 6 Plus so I’m used to using the phone two handed. Even if you handed me a mini, I would still use it two handed because I type faster. In terms of size, I don’t notice a difference having the XR and Pro Max in my pocket since both are big enough to let me know that they are there anyway. As for people concerned about the weight difference... well they are people who are concerned about the weight difference ??‍♂️

Reactions: jimmy_uk

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I almost caved this morning as well. But I’m still holding strong as of now ?. Graphite for me as well.

Count me into that group as well as I got caught up in following the preorder threads this morning I almost placed an order for myself. I am too holding out for the Pro Max however I am not sure how I feel about these staggered launches especially since the one I am after is in the later group.....

Bstephens

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah the wait is annoying but we will get a good Idea of OC before we order. I am curios if the screens will still have the 5% gray banding. I had to swap mine twice before I got one that was acceptable.

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
If you’re willing to wait a couple weeks longer for delivery, there’s a deal to order iPhones for 33% off.

Requires Chase Sapphire Reserve and Ultimate Rewards points.
F7F1BC4D-CB5C-4EDE-8F00-48E6492F3BDD.jpeg

Reactions: wxnats

Casey05

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Does anyone know for those of us in the apple upgrade program when we will be able to set this up early? Still nit an option for the pro max

Reactions: gaedfly

gaedfly

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Please follow this thread that was already generated previously.

No because that’s a general iPhone 12 everything pre-order thread. This thread is specifically for the 12 Pro Max.

gaedfly

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
It’s not too bad. A minimum of a month before the 12 Pro Max is in hand, but that gives me some time to sell my 11 Pro Max. The trade-in value is definitely low this year.
Whaa, way too long :) The issue for me is that those of us in the IUP upgrading to the Pro Max have to pay an extra month on the 11 and then next year when the new iPhone launches, probably in September, we’ll have to pay off 1 or 2 months of that loan in order to be eligible to upgrade. I addressed this with the Apple senior team but got nowhere. Anyway, upgrading my midnight green 11Pro Max to silver 12 Pro Max. I’ve always had black or space gray until the midnight green, I think the silver looks really classy. Not a fan of blue. I’ll be getting the clear magsafe case from Apple with my gift cards from Barclay. I know, boring story but it’s my story and I’m sticking to it, at least for the next 3 minutes.

gaedfly

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Does anyone know for those of us in the apple upgrade program when we will be able to set this up early? Still nit an option for the pro max
Following-I’d like to know this too. The Apple reps are clueless, they keep telling me Nov 6. They seemingly don’t understand the difference between going through the get ready process vs. the pre-order process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casey05

CannondaleDude

macrumors 6502
Caved and ordered the 12 Pro as soon as it went live........just cancelled it. Hopefully, this has bumped someone's back order to this Friday.

I’m in the same position, I ordered the pro, but it won’t be here until Nov 3-9, so I’m leaning on canceling and ordering the pro max at pre-order.

Muppetcrazy

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2020

Ahahah I nearly placed a order on Friday said to myself what the point already have a iPhone 11 Pro getting a iPhone 12 pro looks about the same size the only upgrade will benefit me is the Max version this year bigger screen for movies better and camera.....

Only three weeks to go now Blue iPhone 12 Pro max 256gb.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Ahahah I nearly placed a order on Friday said to myself what the point already have a iPhone 11 Pro getting a iPhone 12 pro looks about the same size the only upgrade will benefit me is the Max version this year bigger screen for movies better and camera.....

Only three weeks to go now Blue iPhone 12 Pro max 256gb.
I'm used to the wider display and keyboard on the Plus sized iPhones. Iphone 11 and 11 Pro's keyboard are too narrow for my fat thumbs!

Also I like to use my phone like a mini tablet so the bigger the better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.