Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Orders Already Selling Out With Delivery Times Pushing Into November

rp2011

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2010
So when are the reviews coming out? I think i need to cancel my Pro and wait for the Max. I want to hear from reviewers and see how much I will really be missing out on if I decide to keep the regular Pro

Comment

GracieGood

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2020
I am not certain if I am doing this correctly as I am trying attach an image to show you guys so, let's try!! I also have iCloud, however, I still keep all of photos and vids on the phone. I am not a computer/iPhone savvy & I only know how to use it. If the info I gave this morning was incorrect then I apologize. I also don't know why the image I attached is showing as thumbnail :( and not a full image like yours! Could some1 kindly giving me tips on how to use this forums? Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.PNG
    IMG_4792.PNG
    318.2 KB · Views: 27
Comment

GracieGood

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2020
Hmmmm.... I have to admit I didn't pay much attention about the new iPhone 12, and only knew what my bff gave me a 15 sec info "I know you like big screen so, don't order iPhone 2night, wait until nov 6 for 12 P M". Anyhow, I just read another article a few min ago n it says no plug come w/ the phone. Does it mean I have to spend more $ to buy a plug??? I know I can use the one came with 11 P M but I was hoping to have an extra for my bedroom LOL.

Comment

Jared Strike

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2013
This happens almost every single time, so we can probably assume it is just a part of Apple’s launch show to build up the hype. At least nowadays not so many people are willing to camp/queue by the Apple Stores the day before the launch, so I guess there is some progress. 😋
Or maybe there is just a lot of demand for the product? I am sure they are making as many phones as they possibly can. Does Apple really want to sell out so quickly intentionally so they can halt sales?

Comment

ghanwani

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2008
So when are the reviews coming out? I think i need to cancel my Pro and wait for the Max. I want to hear from reviewers and see how much I will really be missing out on if I decide to keep the regular Pro
There will be several reviews up by Oct 24. There is likely to be a race between vloggers to get it up there. By the 25th pretty much every vlogger will have their review up.

Comment

Rockadile

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I am not certain if I am doing this correctly as I am trying attach an image to show you guys so, let's try!! I also have iCloud, however, I still keep all of photos and vids on the phone. I am not a computer/iPhone savvy & I only know how to use it. If the info I gave this morning was incorrect then I apologize. I also don't know why the image I attached is showing as thumbnail :( and not a full image like yours! Could some1 kindly giving me tips on how to use this forums? Thank you very much.
Putting the image as an attachment like you did is preferred because it takes up less post space and we can click on it for full size to those interested.

My guess is you have the option set to full photo & video size in iCloud, reduced size on the phone and the more efficient HEIF file type.

Comment

MacBebe

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2017
Sacto, Ca
Stock is down this morning. There is no correlation between iPhone sales and the stock price. Stocks are a perception thing.

Well, if iPhone sales are up, it is likely that the next quarterly earning is very positive and stock price likely will rise. I would say, there's correlation between sales and stock price. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Table Top Joe
Comment

jsmitty

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2016
NC
Hey, honestly... the Apple watch is pretty good for tracking runs. I bought the Nike version of the apple watch but always encountered issues with their app (not sure who to blame there). I think the Garmin just gives you extensive information that helps you understand your runs/training load to help you improve. My coach implored me to get one so he could get the best information on my runs. There's a lot of fancy info in there that even I don't understand. I plan to train long enough to get a sub 4 Marathon and once I've done that I'm running back to apple watch. I seriously loved mine and I do miss it.
Garmin does give more in depth workout analysis and you can slice and dice it any way you want in the garmin app. Some Garmin devices are touch screen but most have buttons which I find much better for use while in motion during an activity. I have fumbled through menus on the Apple Watch too many times during a run trying to accurately hit the touch screen.

The biggest thing for me is battery. Most garmin devices can go a week or two without charging even with runs every day. If you have a workout with Apple Watch there is no way to make it more than a day before charging.

Apple Watch is a premium smart watch with rich functions across the board, but Garmin is much better as a workout analysis tool.

Reactions: Bea220
Comment

PsykX

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
To those who bought a 12 Pro :

Did you hesitate between the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro?
What pushed you to go for the Pro model?

I was really hesitant myself and finally went for the iPhone 12, thought the Pro lacked 1-2 more features to justify the price. Maybe Pro Motion could have been this feature.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
To those who bought a 12 Pro :

Did you hesitate between the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro?
What pushed you to go for the Pro model?

I was really hesitant myself and finally went for the iPhone 12, thought the Pro lacked 1-2 more features to justify the price. Maybe Pro Motion could have been this feature.

It wasn’t so much a hesitation... I feel like my mind had already been made up... I can’t not get the pro models even when there is a fragment of a difference. I’m really glad that Apple decided to keep the majority of the best features in the normal 12… But I couldn’t resist that LiDAR sensor. In the end I shelled out the extra $150 to get the pacific blue color, LiDAR sensor and a slightly (insignificant) better recording quality. Oh and pro raw but I don’t see myself caring too much about that. I can admit that I’m a sucker for the high-end stuff even when it’s not really worth it. Those are my completely honest two cents.😬

In another world I probably would’ve gone for the mini because I like smaller phones that are all screen - but battery is too important for that sacrifice.

Truth be told the size of my X is perfect. Luckily the new models aren’t annoyingly large... well, not including the Pro Max. I could never go for a Max phone. I’m a runner and need my phone to fit into running pants pocket. The main reason I decided to upgrade was the camera/night mode upgrades.

(Heck I’ve even considered opening up a line of running pants with amazing pockets)

side note: if next years phone isn’t ground breaking I’m planning to keep this phone for at least 3 years. The not ready 5G is the added bonus in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsykX
Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Does it mean I have to spend more $ to buy a plug??? I know I can use the one came with 11 P M but I was hoping to have an extra for my bedroom LOL.

Alas, yes. Apple dropped the price of its 20W charger to $20 to help with that. However, you don't have to buy Apple's USB-C charger. I like some third party ones that are 18W or 20W with USB-C and a second USB-A port, or 30W with 2 USB-C ports or some other port combination. These can be had from Amazon for $20 and usually less.

Reactions: GracieGood
Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Alas, yes. Apple dropped the price of its 20W charger to $20 to help with that. However, you don't have to buy Apple's USB-C charger. I like some third party ones that are 18W or 20W with USB-C and a second USB-A port, or 30W with 2 USB-C ports or some other port combination. These can be had from Amazon for $20 and usually less.

Honest inquiry here... if it matters you get the proper Apple charger/cables... why doesn’t the adapter matter? I’m torn between shelling out for the 30W or just the 20W and I’m torn about which brand to go with.

The MagSafe charger I bought is 15w but I need and adapter and I’m having trouble deciding which to get... does it even make a difference?

Comment

ktksoccerstar5

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2020

Apple today opened pre-orders for the 6.1-inch models of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro through its website and the Apple Store app, and estimated delivery times are already slipping into November for select configurations in the United States.

Customers ordering a SIM-free/Pacific Blue/128GB version of the iPhone 12 Pro, for example, are already facing an estimated delivery window of November 6-13. Some configurations of the iPhone 12 Pro remain available for launch day delivery on October 23, but inventory is quickly dwindling, so customers should order as soon as possible.

Availability of the standard iPhone 12 is faring better so far, with many configurations still available for launch day delivery on October 23.

Pre-orders for the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max begin later, on Friday, November 6. Pricing starts at $699 for the iPhone 12 mini, $799 for the iPhone 12, $999 for the iPhone 12 Pro, and $1,099 for the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Apple has also started accepting orders for the new iPad Air, which remains available for launch day delivery on October 23 at the time of writing this.

Article Link: iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Orders Already Selling Out With Delivery Times Pushing Into November
Ordered the 12 pro within 10 minutes of the site going online last Friday in pacific blue/128 gb, paid extra for fast shipping. Still ETA 10/30-11/4 :/

Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Honest inquiry here... if it matters you get the proper Apple charger/cables... why doesn’t the adapter matter? I’m torn between shelling out for the 30W or just the 20W and I’m torn about which brand to go with.

The MagSafe charger I bought is 15w but I need and adapter and I’m having trouble deciding which to get... does it even make a difference?

To me the cable doesn't matter much. Any "made for iPhone" cable will charge and sync just fine though you would want to make sure that "fast" charging is supported by the cable because that's one of the features of charging via USB-C. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised if there is a MFi USB-C to Lightning cable that doesn't support fast charging.

As for the charger itself, that really doesn't matter unless you end up with a low wattage one and thus can't fast charge. I just happen to like the dual ported ones that have the extra port without needing another charger. Makes a difference when traveling with multiple devices. My USB-A chargers also happen to be dual-ported ones (from Anker).

To make your MagSafe work at peak efficiency I'd think you would want at least a 15W charger. A RAVpower or Anker charger should work just fine if you don't get the 20W Apple one.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
To me the cable doesn't matter much. Any "made for iPhone" cable will charge and sync just fine though you would want to make sure that "fast" charging is supported by the cable because that's one of the features of charging via USB-C. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised if there is a MFi USB-C to Lightning cable that doesn't support fast charging.

As for the charger itself, that really doesn't matter unless you end up with a low wattage one and thus can't fast charge. I just happen to like the dual ported ones that have the extra port without needing another charger. Makes a difference when traveling with multiple devices. My USB-A chargers also happen to be dual-ported ones (from Anker).

To make your MagSafe work at peak efficiency I'd think you would want at least a 15W charger. A RAVpower or Anker charger should work just fine if you don't get the 20W Apple one.

Hey, thanks so much for your feedback. This Anker 20W (I believe) charger just dropped from $19.99 to $16.99 overnight so I pulled the trigger on it. I like the compact square design vs the official Apple 20W slightly bigger adapter. I think an iPhone 12 reviewer was where I heard it was important to "get apple certified chargers". I mean, I'll get the one in my phone and I bought the MagSafe charger because that thing looks pretty sweet... I just needed the adapter since Apple decided that one year was sufficient for everyone to suddenly have a USB-C adapter (waaah wah - lol :p). Apple is slick. hehe.

Reactions: compwiz1202
Comment

compwiz1202

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2010
I so wanted a blue phone, but I can't do the Pacific Blue, its way too light and has a green hue to it imho. I'm glad you got yours though!
Me too, why can't they just do a lighter pure blue on the Pros. Even the regular 12 blue is way too dark and will wind up looking black most of the time.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Ordered the 12 pro within 10 minutes of the site going online last Friday in pacific blue/128 gb, paid extra for fast shipping. Still ETA 10/30-11/4 :/

Same here. I had my phone ordered approx 15 minutes after 5 a.m. - the first 5 minutes was spent with a frustrating message that read "Wait while we tighten things up" and a continuous struggle of "site timeouts". I have a feeling not everybody experienced this and those lucky people are getting their phones on 10/23.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.