Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
What logical reason is there that demand is so high for this iteration? I mean everything they updated gets updated yearly, the chip, the screen..etc.
5G

Personally the biggest upgrade for me is now I can charge my phone in case wirelessly.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I guess you missed the RTX 3080 / Playstation 5 / Xbox Series X.
Apple was still available 7 minutes down the road.

Both consoles sold out millions of units within seconds.

Can't wait for my 12 pro though :D
I’ll bet Apple sold more iPhone 12 variants in those 7 minutes than all those 3 combined in one day.

Reactions: pizzzle

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I’m a silver person and have always been a silver person.

I was always a silver/white person until this blue they just introduced.

You still see the notch? Been on an iPhone X since November 2017 and within 2 days my brain tells my eyes to ignore it as my eyes ignores my own nose.
Sometimes. I should learn to unsee it, probably. ?

I'm glad that they thinned out the bezels. Though I did love the size of my X it doesn't feel like a big sacrifice given how little they had to enlarge the actual phone to give us more screen.

faithfulFrank

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2003
Central Florida
Smart man. Trading in on our old phones is hardly worth it. I always pass my phones down to a family member who isn't as "splurgy" as I am. I spoke with Verizon just to get more detail on their payment plan. I normally do buy my phones outright and keep them. I get a feeling that next year's iPhone will hopefully be amazing enough to upgrade to otherwise I will just pay off the 12 pro and keep it for a few years.

I'm dying for them to get rid of the "notch". I don't need the touch id... I'm okay with face id... I just wish they would have done something about our current mask dilema.

I hope you're right and I get it a tad bit early. I would love to take this thing to Tahoe with me.

So wait... you ordered both the Gold and Blue, right? Keeping the one you love the most?
No...I just ordered two blues. Some say the gold looks amazing, but I have no idea how they know that. I like orange....but the gold really is not orange. I'm afraid that with my luck it will look like a 1970's brass delta faucet....so I took the safer bet and went with the blue. When my watch gets here and I can actually try on the solo band, if it is not right i'll make an appt with the apple store and then perhaps get to see the gold first hand. I think I'll be happy with the Blue. I'm probably more excited about the new iwatch6 w/cell than the phone...both will be a nice upgrade. I currently have the iwatch3. Going from the 6+ to this iphone12Pro will give me a small phone but with a bigger screen than I'm used to. I too do not care about touch id....here in central Florida we do not have as much mask restrictions...our state is opening up.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Got my order with 10% military discount at 8:23 am damn site was not working well.
In store pick up.
12 Pro 512GB Pacific blue.
I forgot to log in for the 10% military discount when I ordered this morning. I used it when I got my iMac in April. Do you know if you can use for an iPhone purchased though the iPhone Upgrade Program? If so, I’ll have to remember to do that next year. Thanks for the reminder; I’ll use the discount when the leather cases become available next month.

Last edited:

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
If you want a clear case then you're gonna see the magnets unfortunately. I guess that's the best they could make it look. I went for it in the end, hoping that it'll look better in person.
The clear case is nice to show off the new blue color But I don’t like the ring you see. I always used Spigen cases on my 6s but I may for the first time go case less on the blue mini.

Reactions: iPlaid

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
No...I just ordered two blues. Some say the gold looks amazing, but I have no idea how they know that. I like orange....but the gold really is not orange. I'm afraid that with my luck it will look like a 1970's brass delta faucet....so I took the safer bet and went with the blue. When my watch gets here and I can actually try on the solo band, if it is not right i'll make an appt with the apple store and then perhaps get to see the gold first hand. I think I'll be happy with the Blue. I'm probably more excited about the new iwatch6 w/cell than the phone...both will be a nice upgrade. I currently have the iwatch3. Going from the 6+ to this iphone12Pro will give me a small phone but with a bigger screen than I'm used to. I too do not care about touch id....here in central Florida we do not have as much mask restrictions...our state is opening up.

Oh man, orange is my favorite color! (see: my hair) I'm secretly hoping Apple will give us an orange iPhone but it's doubtful. It's not a favored color for some strange reason.

Ah yes, you ordered the two blues because of shipping times, right? Yeah we both got a tad screwed in that department, Frank. Let's hope we get ours a little early. I miss my Apple Watch... my last watch was the GPS version where you could add a line (I don't remember what series that is) but I had to give it up when I got serious about Marathon training. I had to get a Garmin and it is so darn bland in comparison. I often think of going back to it. I await the day it becomes a more solid running watch. I know it has tons of great workout features but I shelled out $600 on a Garmin a year ago so I have to keep it. I miss the beauty of the iWatch and all of its GLORIOUS features.

I've always been partial to the white/silver phones but I think I'm going to love this blue. It's was the ultimate push in my decision to upgrade... plus the camera.

Ah, I wish our state would open up. Aside from frayed nerves at 5 a.m. part of the reason I didn't think in-store pick up was an option was because it said it wasn't available at my local Apple store... if I had only clicked on that darn link to see it WAS available at other stores nearby. Everything is so shut down in California I just figured it wasn't an option.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
The clear case is nice to show off the new blue color But I don’t like the ring you see. I always used Spigen cases on my 6s but I may for the first time go case less on the blue mini.

I bought this ESR case from Aliexpress.

ESR products looks nice.

It should be till 26th Oct once I will receive my 12 PRO.

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
I ordered the Spigen Liquid Clear (on sale for 16 bucks). Shipped in less than a day. We’ll see How I like it. That circle on the Apple clear case bothers me.

Reactions: iPlaid and MrGuder

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

Maybe a thin clear case will still allow the MagSafe to work. I am going to get a clear case for my 12 Pro Max blue.

Reactions: MrGuder

iPlaid

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2010
I ordered the Spigen Liquid Clear (on sale for 16 bucks). Shipped in less than a day. We’ll see How I like it. That circle on the Apple clear case bothers me.

I ordered the same case this morning. Have had a clear Spigen case on my original SE since they came out.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Maybe a thin clear case will still allow the MagSafe to work. I am going to get a clear case for my 12 Pro Max blue.
That could be true, let us know as I was thinking the same thing, if the phone already had a magnet built into the phone maybe a thin clear case will work.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Oh man, orange is my favorite color! (see: my hair) I'm secretly hoping Apple will give us an orange iPhone but it's doubtful. It's not a favored color for some strange reason.

Ah yes, you ordered the two blues because of shipping times, right? Yeah we both got a tad screwed in that department, Frank. Let's hope we get ours a little early. I miss my Apple Watch... my last watch was the GPS version where you could add a line (I don't remember what series that is) but I had to give it up when I got serious about Marathon training. I had to get a Garmin and it is so darn bland in comparison. I often think of going back to it. I await the day it becomes a more solid running watch. I know it has tons of great workout features but I shelled out $600 on a Garmin a year ago so I have to keep it. I miss the beauty of the iWatch and all of its GLORIOUS features.

I've always been partial to the white/silver phones but I think I'm going to love this blue. It's was the ultimate push in my decision to upgrade... plus the camera.

Ah, I wish our state would open up. Aside from frayed nerves at 5 a.m. part of the reason I didn't think in-store pick up was an option was because it said it wasn't available at my local Apple store... if I had only clicked on that darn link to see it WAS available at other stores nearby. Everything is so shut down in California I just figured it wasn't an option.

Honest question, I run a lot, up to half marathon distance and use an Apple Watch. What does the Garmin add that Apple is missing? I know lots of runners and see more Apple than Garmin but the real serious ones all use Garmin.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
That could be true, let us know as I was thinking the same thing, if the phone already had a magnet built into the phone maybe a thin clear case will work.

The only issue with the clear cases is that most of them discolor either turning yellow of develop brown patches on the back from the battery heat. My clear case on my iPhone 6S+ is doing the latter and my previous clear case did the former. Maybe the Apple clear case will not discolor. Fortunately, they aren’t that expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGuder

abobis

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Interestingly, AT&T has a promo where the iPhone 12 is essentially free if you have the right kind of plan and intend to keep it for 30 months, so I ordered the red 12 for my wife, upgrading her phone from an 8, arrives next Friday. Reminds me of the old phone plans. There's plenty of stock at AT&T it seems.

(I'll be duking it out with the rest of you in Nov for the blue Pro Max via IUP.)

i saw that & don’t understand it. How can it be free?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.