Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 12 Pro Pre-Orders Already Selling Out With Delivery Times Pushing Into November

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Got my Pacific Blue iPhone 12 Pro with 512GB for 10/23 delivery.

Not sure I like the blue. Samsung made a blue Best Buy that looks better. :-(

1602894712844.png

Comment

ghanwani

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2008
Thanks! An EXTRA $35 per month on top of monthly payoff charges? O.O
No, you are basically taking a loan for 24 months from Citizen's Bank and you enroll in the upgrade program. Once you're done making 12 payments, you're eligible to upgrade and if you do, then you start making payments per the new plan. Otherwise, after 24 months, payments stop, you own the phone and you're no longer in the upgrade program.

I used to wonder "who would do this" but then I came across coworkers that do. It's a personal preference thing. It works out well for those that want a new phone every year.

Comment

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
The only issue with the clear cases is that most of them discolor either turning yellow of develop brown patches on the back from the battery heat. My clear case on my iPhone 6S+ is doing the latter and my previous clear case did the former. Maybe the Apple clear case will not discolor. Fortunately, they aren’t that expensive.
Yeah I know what you mean. I had a clear case for my 6s and I ended up not using it for very long, not only was it yellowing, when it started showing scuffs and scratches it didn't look good at all and I'm pretty good about not allowing that stuff but it happens.

I ended up with just a black spigen case that worked best for, it was open at the top and bottom so not full protection at all but it is light weight and came with a very very thin magnet disc you stick on the inside of the case, that allowed me to use it on my air vent on my car, I still use it and works well. That's the first thing I thought about with this magnet on the new iPhone 12's. Belkin will be making a air type vent that will work with existing magnet. Funny cause Spigen has already been doing this for yrs with their cases.

Comment

Taz Mangus

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2011
Yeah I know what you mean. I had a clear case for my 6s and I ended up not using it for very long, not only was it yellowing, when it started showing scuffs and scratches it didn't look good at all and I'm pretty good about not allowing that stuff but it happens.

I ended up with just a black spigen case that worked best for, it was open at the top and bottom so not full protection at all but it is light weight and came with a very very thin magnet disc you stick on the inside of the case, that allowed me to use it on my air vent on my car, I still use it and works well. That's the first thing I thought about with this magnet on the new iPhone 12's. Belkin will be making a air type vent that will work with existing magnet. Funny cause Spigen has already been doing this for yrs with their cases.

I am going to try the spigen clear case this time.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Honest question, I run a lot, up to half marathon distance and use an Apple Watch. What does the Garmin add that Apple is missing? I know lots of runners and see more Apple than Garmin but the real serious ones all use Garmin.

Hey, honestly... the Apple watch is pretty good for tracking runs. I bought the Nike version of the apple watch but always encountered issues with their app (not sure who to blame there). I think the Garmin just gives you extensive information that helps you understand your runs/training load to help you improve. My coach implored me to get one so he could get the best information on my runs. There's a lot of fancy info in there that even I don't understand. I plan to train long enough to get a sub 4 Marathon and once I've done that I'm running back to apple watch. I seriously loved mine and I do miss it.

Reactions: Resqu2
Comment

officialjngtech

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2020
Always wanted another iPhone 4 design smartphone. Which I think it's still the best design out there. Can't wait for the release of the new iPhone 12 in Malaysia! Congratulation, American!

Comment

rp2011

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2010
Well, my magsafe charger delivery is for the week of November 10, so they must be selling well also.
Adding a magnet the phone, like the solo loop bands seem obvious in hind sight, but sheer genius on Apple’s part.
i hope whomever thought of those two accessories gets a nice end of year bonus for the easy billions Apple will make off them.

Comment

GracieGood

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2020
Hello All, I'm new here and wanted to know how many folks are waiting for the Pro Max or Mini. I am def' waiting for the Pro Max. I have 11 Pro Max w/ 256 GB, however, I think I will order 128 instead due to the fact that I only used 49 GB out of 256 despite 25K photos and 310 vids. So, no need to spend more $$. Too bad they don't come in red, oh well, I'll get Pacific Blue.

Comment

Bluesky2011

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2012
London
Hello All, I'm new here and wanted to know how many folks are waiting for the Pro Max or Mini. I am def' waiting for the Pro Max. I have 11 Pro Max w/ 256 GB, however, I think I will order 128 instead due to the fact that I only used 49 GB out of 256 despite 25K photos and 310 vids. So, no need to spend more $$. Too bad they don't come in red, oh well, I'll get Pacific Blue.
I’m waiing for the Pro Max as well. But how could your 25K photos and 310 vids used less than 49GB of capacity. My 10K photos is already used 35 gb of capacity

Comment

Rockadile

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Are you using HEIF and iCloud?

Comment

DexBell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2016
The only issue with the clear cases is that most of them discolor either turning yellow of develop brown patches on the back from the battery heat. My clear case on my iPhone 6S+ is doing the latter and my previous clear case did the former. Maybe the Apple clear case will not discolor. Fortunately, they aren’t that expensive.

That’s why you wash them weekly. I wash mine a few times a week. Even then, I have to replace mine about every 6 months. I get mine off Amazon for like $12, so not a big deal

Comment

rjjacobson

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2014

I’m waiing for the Pro Max as well. But how could your 25K photos and 310 vids used less than 49GB of capacity. My 10K photos is already used 35 gb of capacity

I am also waiting for a 12 Pro Max 512GB have the same in my 11 Pro max. For me I am close to the 256GB so I go for the larger model. I do not use iCloud Drive to store my 20 GB plus photos on Mac and iphone so I need the memory. Here is my use so far:

D3679E4A-15C9-4094-B9B5-33C3985FB591.png

I also want the camera improvements and since I am on the upgrade program decided to do so. 5G will not be in my area for several years if ever where I am on edge of 130K twin cities that has the University of Illinois. Neither Verizon or AT&T are strong inmy housing area just out side of town (no close towers) but 1-2 bars at most so I use WiFi at most but I am hoping the Qualcomm modem will do better than the Intel one.

Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
i saw that & don’t understand it. How can it be free?

What AT&T is doing is crediting your account the equivalent of a monthly payment up to $800 or so. After 30 months the credits stop and the phone is essentially paid for. I upgraded my wife's phone to the 128GB version which took it over what AT&T is willing to cover so the net of that change is to pay $1.67 per month for the phone. So, the base model iPhone 12 is "free" anything over and above that you pay over 30 months.

Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Well, my magsafe charger delivery is for the week of November 10, so they must be selling well also.
Adding a magnet the phone, like the solo loop bands seem obvious in hind sight, but sheer genius on Apple’s part.
i hope whomever thought of those two accessories gets a nice end of year bonus for the easy billions Apple will make off them.

Yep, same here. I bought a case but in my haste totally forgot about the charger! Luckily a user on here shared what they ordered and it prompted me to immediately order one and I have the same delivery window.

My MagSafe clear case just shipped! I hope this helps give me a preview of what to expect when the phone ships on the weekend I won't be home.

Reactions: rp2011
Comment

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
I used to wonder "who would do this" but then I came across coworkers that do. It's a personal preference thing. It works out well for those that want a new phone every year.

That's right, you basically "loan" the phone from Apple for a year at a time. I used to be one of those who bought a phone every year but now I don't, not technically, as I just get one from Apple every Oct/Nov and send the year old one back.

EDIT: Those of us in the IUP pre-order use a different path in the Apple Store app. I don't know if Apple sets aside different inventory for IUP members or not but each year I've been able to "purchase" the exact model I've wanted with no problem on release day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghanwani
Comment

Bea220

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal

Hi! New here too. I've periodically lurked and after this drop I decided to chime in.

I just spoke with a rep and she commented that the dolby vision video recording would take up more space... now, I'm not a specs genius in any way shape or form but thought I should throw that out as food for thought. Maybe someone who understands storage better has some advice?

Tip on ordering your phone: Get your pre-order ready the night before on the Apple Store app if you can. DEFINITELY do in store pick up if it is available and the shipping dates are pushed out.

I encountered a TON of site/app issues the morning of the launch and the earliest ship date I could snag was 10/30-11/4. I am gutted because I won't be home that weekend. Luckily I have family nearby that can swing by. I realized AFTER I placed my order that I could have done in store pick up at local stores so it was too late for me. Best of luck on your preorder when the time comes.

Comment

nylonsteel

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2010
nice pic heading the article
i'll take all four
remind me of four sentinals in a sci fi movie

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.