Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CouldBeWorse

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
The 12's screen is only 625 nits and NOT 800, just checked on the site. Is that enough for outdoors visibility?
That is the same as my XS and I don't have an issue using it outdoors. Brighter is better, but unless you are constantly staring at it with the sun glaring on it, I don't think that you'll have an issue.

CouldBeWorse

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
I feel like people are overly excited about the Magsafe charging
I am excited about MagSafe, but not because of the charger. I am hoping that we get a nice variety of third-party accessories. Bluetooth speakers, skins, external batteries, etc.

CouldBeWorse

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
how many people are going to open the box and realize the cable that comes with it they don't have a usb c charging block? there's gonna be a ton. we have ipad pro's with usb c charging blocks, but guess what, they are behind the dresser so it's not something accessible for me to use with a new iPhone 12. I sell all the blocks that come with my iPhone when I get rid of it, so i don't have a bunch of blocks sitting around. Even so, it doesn't charge to the speed advertised with a little crappy charging block. If they really wanted to "save the environment" they would have made iPhone 12 with usb c, so use with your existing usb c charging blocks that are the new standard. laptops use usb c, ipad pro use usb c, let's make a pro phone with lightning port. makes sense.....again, it's a money grab. how does it save the environment when so many people will purchase the charging block by itself and it ships out to them in a separate box all by itself?
It really depends on what you are upgrading from. I think that most people will be upgrading from an older iPhone and will just use the same chargers that they used with their 6, 7, SE, etc. I am all for a USB-C iPhone, but if the plan is for them to go portless, there is no logic in them switching for a year or two. Regarding what is better for the environment, switching to USB-C would mean that people with existing lightning cables/chargers would not be able to use them with the 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.