Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A photo purporting to show the sticker tabs used to seal Apple products in their boxes appears to confirm the "iPhone 13" name for the company's upcoming 2021 iPhone lineup.

iphone-13-label.jpeg

The photo was highlighted by "DuanRui" on Twitter, linking to a post on the Chinese social media network Weibo.

The validity of the image is not known, but it is not unusual to see images of iPhone packaging emerging at this time of year as the device's launch date approaches. Around three weeks before the launch of the iPhone 12 lineup last year, images of packaging stickers showing the correct naming for those devices were also shared by DuanRui.

While most reliable sources have persistently referred to the 2021 iPhone models as the "iPhone 13" lineup, there has been a large amount of speculation from some observers on social media and a number of individuals who claim to be leakers with no track record that the upcoming iPhones would in fact be "iPhone 12S" models.

A survey from earlier this year suggested that most consumers do not want the devices to be called the "iPhone 13." 38 percent of survey respondents said that Apple should call its next smartphone series simply "‌iPhone‌ (2021)," 26 percent thought that the "‌iPhone 13‌" was the best name, and only 13 percent said that they would like to see the devices called the "‌iPhone‌ 12S."

The iPhone 13 lineup is expected to be unveiled next month with a number of new features, including a 120Hz display, larger batteries, new camera features, an "A15" chip, up to 1TB of storage, and more.

Article Link: 'iPhone 13' Name Emerges on Alleged Packaging Stickers

HeavenDynamic

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I get that Apple doesn't want to give up the numbers of marketing purposes but this is getting ridiculous. I think they should do like Samsung and have the name of the produit match the year it has been released.

iPhone 21 seems more logical than iPhone 13, especially for what is an S-like upgrade.

Last edited:

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2020
51.531011,-0.023979
I am hoping that this means  has ditched the "S" naming convention. I think the iPhone 13 should be the iPhone 16 then? I suspect  will ditch the number convention as well and change it to year, as iPhone 26 is a little unwieldy.

Wanted797

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
This photo looks suspicious, the font seems too bold.

And I’m surprised. Given Apple skipped iPhone 9 cause of the negative connotation in some cultures I thought they’d do the same for 13. I was hoping for it to be called 12s.

johnsc3

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2018
This photo looks suspicious, the font seems too bold.

And I’m surprised. Given Apple skipped iPhone 9 cause of the negative connotation in some cultures I thought they’d do the same for 13. I was hoping for it to be called 12s.
I wonder why the same wasn’t done for the iPhone 4/4s. Thanks the missing 9 makes sense.

Liquid Galaxy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
Swindon, UK
I am hoping that this means  has ditched the "S" naming convention. I think the iPhone 13 should be the iPhone 16 then? I suspect  will ditch the number convention as well and change it to year, as iPhone 26 is a little unwieldy.
So what would you suggest the iPhone released in 2026 be called then? 😀

• Haha
Reactions: applesque and z3an

matthewnorris

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2021
It makes total sense.
If it were to be called the iPhone 12S, the variants would be a gamble to pronounce, just imagine “iPhone 12S Pro Max”…

also this website is a PAIN.

matthewnorris

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2021
It makes total sense.
If it were to be called the iPhone 12S, the variants would be a gamble to pronounce, just imagine “iPhone 12S Pro Max”…

also this website is a PAIN.
Back in the day when the iPhone XS was a thing, that was the “Pro” model per say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.