Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While it has been many years since Apple stopped providing first weekend sales numbers for new iPhones, Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty today said that iPhone 13 Pro pre-orders are "off to a promising start" with "strong early demand."

iPhone-13-Pro-Feature-Blue.jpg

Huberty based her opinion off of Apple's delivery estimates for iPhones, which she has been tracking for many years. Shortly after pre-orders began last Friday, delivery estimates for the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max began slipping into October, with Huberty having calculated the average lead time at around 27 days. She said this is the second longest lead time on the first day of pre-orders amongst all iPhone models launched over the past five years, surpassed only by the iPhone X in 2017.

As of last Friday, Huberty said the iPhone 13 mini was faring better with a lead time of 3.1 days, while the standard iPhone 13 faced no delays.

As with every iPhone launch, it is possible that lengthy delivery estimates are a function of low supply rather than high demand, but Huberty said Morgan Stanley's supply chain checks indicate minimal near-term component headwinds for iPhones and concluded that these long lead times "are at least partly a function of strong early demand."

All four iPhone 13 models will begin arriving to customers and launch in stores on Friday, September 24. Key features across the iPhone 13 lineup include a faster A15 Bionic chip, camera improvements, longer battery life, and a smaller notch. The two Pro models also feature a ProMotion display with a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz.

Article Link: iPhone 13 Pro Pre-Orders Off to Promising Start With Strong Early Demand, Says Analyst

Reactions: DeepIn2U and ikir

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
The carrier deals are pretty nuts this year. I expect that helped a lot with demand. Plus a lot of people with extra cash laying about. Due to not being able to go out much, vacation, &c from the pandemic.

Although with all these trade ins. I wonder what that's going to do to the used iPhone market?

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
Not sure this years sales have been as strong as others, it took a while for the phones to slip to a later delivery date .. September 24th delivery date was there for a long time..

• Love
Reactions: Apleeseed84

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
The carrier deals are pretty nuts this year. I expect that helped a lot with demand. Plus a lot of people with extra cash laying about. Due to not being able to go out much, vacation, &c from the pandemic.

Although with all these trade ins. I wonder what that's going to do to the used iPhone market?
I will assume that trade ins will go to either e-recycle or to Apple refurb for warranty replacements.

Appleuser823

Suspended
Aug 15, 2021
ended up ordering a pro max for myself and a pro for my girlfriend. def worth it!
You already think it’s worth it? You haven’t even received the product yet… Nobody haven’t even reviewed it yet and still you comment here that you bought 2 iPhones and try to convince yourself it’s worth it. Jesus Christ the world is weird these days.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

I noticed this. Pretty much everyone is offering a free phone with "eligible" trade, and the eligible trade is pretty much any iphone released in the last five years lol.

Reactions: Jovijoker

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
I decided I’m skipping it this year. There’s not enough difference from the 12 that I can see.
Nothing wrong with keeping actual devices, but every year the difference is big, but we get used to. Just battery, low light camera, GPU performance are worth the upgrade for example.

dspdoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2017
You already think it’s worth it? You haven’t even received the product yet… Nobody haven’t even reviewed it yet and still you comment here that you bought 2 iPhones and try to convince yourself it’s worth it. Jesus Christ the world is weird these days.
Confirmation bias is a real sickness!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.