Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
The Pro really needs to start at 512 storage option.
What are ya'll storing on your phones? Seriously? I wonder sometimes.

I have a 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max and only 65GB is in use. I'm a heavy user of Photos and Music; iOS does a good job of keeping the data I need on my phone so it doesn't have to go out to iCloud very often.

It's funny, for me it felt like we went from always not having enough space to having more space we know what to do with and then some, and then some more.

I'm just wondering what the use cases are for people who want 512GB and 1TB iPhones. Are ya'll storing copies of every movie you like or something?

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Wanted the mini. Badly. Looks like I’m not getting the mini.

1DC9B8C1-4180-4D93-AAE8-FF755AC9AA47.jpeg

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA

The iPhone 13 lineup will offer new Pink, Black, and Bronze colors and storage options will remain the same as the iPhone 12, other than there being no 256GB storage option for the 5.4-inch and 6.1-inch standard models, according to the Ukrainian e-commerce website "KTC," spotted by 91mobiles, that purports to have revealed the upcoming devices' configuration options.

iphone-13-matte-black-bronze-and-lurid.jpg

MacRumors' render of Black, Bronze, and Pink iPhone 13 models.

The iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 will apparently continue to be available in six color options: Black, Blue, Purple, Pink, White, and PRODUCT(RED). This means that Pink would replace Green from the iPhone 12 lineup.

On the other hand, the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max will purportedly continue to be available in four color options: Black, Silver, Gold, and Bronze. This means that Black would replace Graphite from the iPhone 12 Pro lineup, while Bronze would replace Pacific Blue.

Matte black and bronze iPhone 13 Pro color options were rumored earlier this year, and there were also very sketchy reports of a pink iPhone 13 model, so it is possible that this is the origin of these listed color options.

Apple also reportedly intends to offer the following storage options for each model size in the iPhone 13 lineup:

• iPhone 13 mini: 64GB and 128GB
  • iPhone 13: 64GB and 128GB
  • iPhone 13 Pro: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max: 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB

This would mean that the iPhone 13 lineup storage configurations would be largely the same as the iPhone 12 lineup, but with no 256GB option for the 5.4-inch "mini" model and the standard 6.1-inch model, which seems like a very peculiar move that would reduce the variety of options and top amount of storage for customers of both entry-level iPhone 13 models.

Other Ukrainian e-commerce sites appear to be listing slightly different storage options for each model, with some showing no 64GB option for the iPhone 13 mini but a new 512GB option instead, and others showing options all the way up to 1TB. As a result, KTC's information should be taken with a pinch of salt. It is also worth noting that KTC shows no sign of the rumored 1TB storage option for the iPhone 13 Pro models.

Article Link: iPhone 13 Said to Offer Fewer Storage Options and New Pink Color, iPhone 13 Pro Adds Black and Bronze Colors
Pink is for girls. Ok ok pronoun people, don’t March with torches towards my house. It’s just an opinion.

nvmls

Suspended
Mar 31, 2011
What are ya'll storing on your phones? Seriously? I wonder sometimes.

I have a 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max and only 65GB is in use. I'm a heavy user of Photos and Music; iOS does a good job of keeping the data I need on my phone so it doesn't have to go out to iCloud very often.

It's funny, for me it felt like we went from always not having enough space to having more space we know what to do with and then some, and then some more.

I'm just wondering what the use cases are for people who want 512GB and 1TB iPhones. Are ya'll storing copies of every movie your like or something?
Here's a crazy thought: videos?

Reactions: Pipper99

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Just to make clear how ridiculous the report about the missing 256GB option is. There is even a 256GB option for the iPhone SE.
Could be true though for this. Could be Apple trying to add an extra difference between the 13 and 13 Pro.

goodcow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Are you ****ing kidding me? I was actually planning to buy a iPhone 13 mini, 256GB Green, to finally upgrade from my iPhone SE (1st gen). I'm already annoyed that Touch ID won't be embedded in the glass.

sdo007

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2021
the pro colours will be boring if that's all they have to offer. I was hoping for a rose gold or even deep purple .
I have just been waiting years for a red iPhone pro. it comes and goes in the other models. but I just want a red one. or even a copper one instead of bronze. ugh.

Reactions: orbital~debris

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
No it doesn’t tbh most people don’t need 512. Wouldn’t be opposed to 256
Agreed. I’ve got a 128GB 12 Pro Max and I’ve only used 90GB with sideloaded emulators full of large roms. Most people are streaming music, etc these days. And with offloading unused apps/music storage isn’t as needed as it once was.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Pink is for girls. Ok ok pronoun people, don’t March with torches towards my house. It’s just an opinion.

This kind of comment makes me ? and wonder how much else people with this kind of limitation are restricted by what’s ‘for’ certain people.

Going by the ‘for girls’ logic, pink also used to be ‘for boys’…

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
Really hope they do offer the Mini with 256GB - it’s my favorite form factor, and between my lossless music collection and photos/videos of my newborn storage fills up fast.

I was planning on upgrading my 12 Mini to a 13 Mini just to have a small phone that can last me a couple of years longer, but I guess I’ll be sticking to my 12 after all.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
If this is true, I won't be getting the 13 mini. 256 gb was the storage sweet spot for me. I don't see why Apple would lower the storage options on a device that's made to take hi-res photo and videos. That would be very disappointing.

Reactions: jbp238 and 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.