Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple may be planning to launch the iPhone 13 on Friday, September 17 and third-generation AirPods on Thursday, September 30, according to an image of an e-commerce app discovered by Chinese language site IT Home.

it-home-ecommerce-app-iphone-13.jpg

The screenshot, originally posted by Weibo account @PandaIsBald, suggests all four iPhone 13 models will go on sale on September 17, followed by the AirPods 3 on September 30.

Apart from the image, which could be easily faked, IT Home offers no other information to back up the claim, and the website has shared screenshots in the past that turned out to be inaccurate, so the above information should be taken with a hefty dose of salt.

That said, with Apple returning to its traditional September launch timeline, the above dates could easily turn out to be correct. Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives has suggested the iPhone will launch in the third week of September, which would be the week of September 13 to 17. Based on past launch events, September 7, September 14, and September 21 are all likely event dates where we could see the new iPhone models unveiled.

The new iPhone 13 models will focus heavily on camera capabilities, including ProRes and portrait mode for videos. The new handsets will also include a smaller notch, larger batteries, and improved performance. Apple's third-generation AirPods are expected to have a form factor similar to the AirPods Pro, featuring a new case, a shorter stem, and perhaps replaceable ear tips.

Article Link: iPhone 13 to Launch on September 17, AirPods 3 on September 30, Claims Report

Patchwork

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
Ignoring last year which was a bit odd, especially for the Pro Max, timing of 14th unveil, 17th pre order and 24th for deliveries/pick up does sound right. A 17th launch sounds a bit early given other rumours said towards the end of September. Guess we’ll know more next week as for 17th launch the unveil would be 7th, so invites for online event would be next week (doubt Apple would leave it to 6th to announce event even for an online event as will want to make sure it gets maximum coverage).

Reactions: Tagbert

bLackjackj

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2016
This isn't news,..we already know this. What other timelome would.there be? The previous week will be the launch. There you go 🙄🤦‍♂️

alpi123

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2014
Hmm, the usual apple flow would be announcing on the 14th, with opening of pre-orders That Friday, so yeah, the 17th does sound right. And launch would then like be? 24th? (Often 10 days after unveil, right?)
The launch is usually just 1 week after pre-orders, so Friday the 24th

Reactions: TheYayAreaLiving

kerr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Will probably upgrade from my iPhone XS although I still hate the notch. And I could not care less about camera quality or number of cameras, sucks that everyone has to pay a premium for them.

Chefclean

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2017
I just upgraded to a iPhone 12 Pro Max. iPhone 13 isn't going to be that different. Who cares.

• Disagree
Reactions: rettro

deeddawg

macrumors G4
Jun 14, 2010
US
I just upgraded to a iPhone 12 Pro Max. iPhone 13 isn't going to be that different. Who cares.

Seems you cared enough not only to click on the article link to read the article, but then to click again so you could write your comment announcing your lack of caring... :D

Me? I'd like better low light camera performance than my XS has, we'll see if there's enough of a deal that I upgrade.

Looking forward hopefully to the Airpods3 - my OG airpods1 are done, one of the earbuds went toes-up a couple days ago.

alternamelka

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
uk
i hope there’s a nice new colour for the Pros. The regular iPhones get to have all the fun :/ at least do like a Pro copper or something.
Ideally an AirPods Max pink for the pro would be amazing

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I was all set not to upgrade but if there is a copper/orange color they just might get me this year. I had an old LG Scoop in orange back in 2007 and loved that color so much.

Reactions: kerr

canyonblue737

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
If I recall correctly, a slight update to the internals allowing a bit more battery. The bigger features like biometrics are a future release. (I think)

The new Airpods are supposed to be AirPod Pro like in design with the shorter, more angled stems. There have been differing reports if they will support replaceable rubber tips of various sizes like the Pros or not, it seems lately the reports and leaks have indicated it will be one size fits all without a rubber tip. To be honest they seem very underwhelming as reports say no Active Noise Cancelation etc. yet likely will be priced at $199... compare that to something like the new Beats Studio Buds (which I have and are awesome, I have all these AirPods, AirPods Pro, Beats etc. for reference) which are true buds (no stem), have full ANC, full transparency etc. for $149.

balzmcfearson

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2009
Brooklyn
Slightly smaller notch, slightly better performance and slightly better camera are the leaks? 2 of those are table stakes and the other is around the infamous notch which seems like it’s sticking around.
Hopefully they’ll be some additional surprises. What’s everyone’s thoughts on price?

Jun 7, 2021
iPhone 13...yaaaaaaawn 🥱My Galaxy Z Fold 3 512GB should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! Y'all enjoy your "new" iPhone with super sweet, totally amazing, upgraded cameras and nothing else. The iPhone 13 will still look like it is from 2017. Oh wait, I forgot you might actually get 120Hz refresh rate, and a smaller but still completely ghetto looking notch. What a treat!! Until Apple releases a foldable phone (and not the Z Flip style), I'm out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.