Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a few weeks ahead of Apple unveiling new iPhones, rumors continue to circulate about new color options for the devices. The latest information comes from established leakers @MajinBuOfficial and @URedditor, who today said the lower-end iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus models will be available in a new light green finish.

iPhone-15-Mock-Green-Feature-1.jpg

@MajinBuOfficial said it appears the new color option will be very similar to the green finish available for the iPhone 12 and the discontinued iPhone 12 mini. However, the leaker is unsure if the color will be available when the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus launch in September, or introduced as an additional color option in spring 2024.

Other color options rumored for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus include black, blue, yellow, and pink. Apple typically also makes the standard iPhones available in (PRODUCT)RED, a deep red color that benefits The Global Fund, an organization fighting HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria, primarily in sub-Saharan Africa.

Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 15 series at an event that is rumored to be planned for Tuesday, September 12. Apple has yet to officially announce the event, but invitations will likely go out within the next week or two.

Article Link: iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus Rumored to Be Available in Light Green

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Skyscraperfan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2021
I feel that the colours of the non-pro iPhone are there to prevent people from buying them and instead go for the Pro models. For the same reason the non-pro iPhones also only have two cameras. People should feel embarrassed for opting for the cheaper version. Sadly that strategy works. Wouldn't it be cool if the "cheap" and the expensive versions looked the same and only the owner knew what version he bought? Porsche for example allows you to hide pretty well that you opted for the most expensive model. You can even choose to have the $8,000 ceramic composite breaks painted in black instead of the famous yellow to pretty much hide them. It seems the designs of iPhone Pro models are very much about showing off. Some people prefer more secrecy.

Cranslove

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2023
Why regular iPhone always get cool colors? Pro colors are dull lol
Because people who buy pro would probably want to flex a lot. Or real professionals won’t and that’s why AAPL isn’t bringing out those colours.

I had one non-black phone (5S) and will go for a white one this time. But I hope for your sake that the pro’s come in some fancy colour.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
That's MAINLY the reason why people buy iPhones.

Perhaps with the crowds you are around; everyone I know stuffs it in a case and you never see the phone again.

I work with people that have a new pro/pro max and can't even tell you the model number, nor the color, without taking the case off to show you.

Last edited:

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I would say all the colors appear to be very muted this year. It’s like a cost cutting. For me, it’s not a big deal since it’s going in a case anyway. But for those who like their iPhones naked, you must feel kinda disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.