Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Gonna go with black this time around. I’m going to put a case on it anyways so I don’t care about the color. Plus side, should be easier to get considering everyone tends to flock to newer colors lol

Reactions: Davidnguyen_89

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
Black is the only model that doesn't have a distracting edge around it when it's in a case.

I'm not a fan of black, but the non-black 14 plus models in a case all have that border that's a bit distracting. With black, the edges just blend in more.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Natural for me. Easy choice. Black is a close second. I’ve usually picked white iPhones since iPhone 3. Not this time.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Best color comparison I’ve seen so far:

Ironically, I’m torn between black and white. This could actually make my life easier since the 14 Pro black and white look so similar. I can just go to an Apple Store and compare.

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
I made the mistake of not going in person to see the colors when the 13 Pro Max launched...

I skipped the Sierra Blue due to not feeling the online photos and went with Gold.

Gold was fine but once I saw Sierra Blue in person I immediately regretted my decision.

So not making that mistake again and going to the store on launch day to see the colors. Will probably get the phone a few weeks later but worth it to me.

Currently, natural titanium is in first place for me, with blue titanium in second place (some videos show it as a nice color). Third is black titanium

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
I may just preorder both to see in person and return the other. I am 90% sure I am going white.
I’m heavily leaning toward white but still undecided. Don’t know why I’m struggling this year, all the colors are pretty muted.

Reactions: koigirl

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Is the natural considered the flagship color this year? The have one each year they seem to promote a bit more in advertising. Last year was Deep Purple, and the year before was green.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Best color comparison I’ve seen so far:

Ironically, I’m torn between black and white. This could actually make my life easier since the 14 Pro black and white look so similar. I can just go to an Apple Store and compare.
Great video.

Black and Natural will be a tough choice for me...

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Is the natural considered the flagship color this year? The have one each year they seem to promote a bit more in advertising. Last year was Deep Purple, and the year before was green.
Yes. This press picture which shows two of the natural shows it to be the flagship this year:

Apple-iPhone-15-Pro-lineup-color-lineup.jpg

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Black or white. I’m not liking the blue as it looks like the MacBook Air color, and the titanium looks kind of bronze to me.

CPTmom2wp

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
I couldn't understand why they would discontinue the Gold which is the dominant metal color this year in interior design, jewelry, light fixtures, trims, hardware and is increasing in popularity. Even some Birkenstocks are sporting gold metal for the first time. Like many women, I have a lot of gold jewelry and a SS Gold watch and gold SS mesh band. I like carrying a gold phone. I also like carrying my phone naked and multiple sources state the titanium is much more prone to dents and scratching than the SS, although it is lighter. Though I'm on the iPhone upgrade program, I'm going to skip this year to keep my more resilient SS and gold color phone. A brushed finish would be nice, but wish they had a retained a gold option. Even the articles talk about the "boring" colors and say it's due to weight and to hide the scratches and dents.

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2022
Black and love the fact the color is DLC!
Word of warning: the way Apple does it is hopefully different, but the DLC on my very expensive Garmin watch flakes off at the slightest touch. DLC is almost in scam territory. Very annoying. I’d take stainless steel over DLC coated titanium any day of the week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.