Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color are you getting?

• Total voters

bobdobalina

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm on team Natural Titanium until Apple does something like a rich jade or emerald green. My 11 Pro Max is green - it's nice, but I think they could do a better green.

• Love
Reactions: orbital~debris

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Really can't decide. I always get black but it is so boring. Was really hoping that there was going to be the grey model that was rendered. Natural just looks bronze / goldish to me. I am torn. Leaning towards white right now.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Anybody find a video comparing the colors to the last years grey? Is the titanium the same color as that or is it lighter? Or is the black similar to last years grey? It’s hard to tell in pictures.

mario-64

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
Natural Titanium, final answer. This vid shows the colors well.

On the website Natural Titanium has more of a gold'ish hue but in this video it seems more gray to me. Anyone else think so? I was thinking it could be a good match for a SS gold series 9 but now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

jakja83

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2010
Black or titanium, BUT - is the black "coating" less durable than Natural Titanium?

Part of me likes the natural look after my iPhone 12 black has chipped a bit around the edges (with case on).

A natural titanium would go with a lot of different case-colors, but the black was really stealthy - which I love.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I'm trying to decide between the blue and black. Both look awesome to me. I currently have a space black 14 PM so I know I'd like the black, but dark blue is my favorite color so I'm considering that. I usually use clear cases and I feel like in the clear case renders I've seen on Apple's website, the blue looks better than the black.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
Originally I was thinking natural titanium to match the ultra, but seeing pictures of it, I’m not so sure now. Has a yellow/gold hue to it
Ahead of getting the Ultra this winter and never seeing one in-person, I was concerned it would be a bit too warm in hue. Looked almost champagne-esc in some marketing photos. However, real-world use I would consider it much more neutral/silver.

Looking at the initial hands-on of natural titanium from today’s event, I’m thinking the same will be true for the Pros - more neutral than warm.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Black is the only model that doesn't have a distracting edge around it when it's in a case.

I'm not a fan of black, but the non-black 14 plus models in a case all have that border that's a bit distracting. With black, the edges just blend in more.

I’m surprised that people don’t bring this point up more often, I completely agree. I went with a silver 14 Pro Max last year and immediately hated the very visible shiny boarders when viewing from the front, especially with a case on it. I’m getting Blue Titanium this year, hoping it’s dark enough (seems very close to Black Titanium) to be less distracting with the boarders.

Reactions: moyjoy

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
I always end up getting black. I returned my green 11 PM for black once I decided to once try another color. Titanium is intriguing but I need to see more pictures/videos of it. Kinda looks like the whole back and sides blends together which looks cool… but I love how black doesn’t clash with the bezel.

Need to decide quickly!

Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.