Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c0g

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2024
Howdy! Tons of good stuff in this thread. I'm currently running the Ailun screen protector and having some pretty significant screen touch screen sensitivity issue on my 15 Pro. I even replaced my first phone to make sure it wasn't hardware related.

What's the consensus on screen protectors that do not effect touch quality? It's driving me nuts!

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Are you using a 3D Torras screen protector now? What do you think of this version?
I am. It's improved over the first one. If you have the first one already and are not using a case, I don't know that it's worth upgrading. But if you don't use a case or don't have a screen protector on already, the 3D version is the one to get.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Looks like the s24 is using the black magic that flolab is using to kill reflections. Hopefully all screen protectors and the next iPhone do the same
I bet this comes with the iPhone 16's as an upgrade to the ceramic shield. It looks pretty cool. I read this new Gorilla glass is 4x more resistant also to micro-scratches, so maybe screen protectors won't even be needed next year.

Reactions: PaladinGuy and nxt3

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I ordered one of those Benks protectors MobileReviewsEh recommended. It's coming from their official store on AliExpress.

The GlassWarrior one? I’ve been eyeing that for a while as I’ve been very disappointed with the Torras and WSKEN screen protectors. I’d appreciate if you give us an update when you’ve applied it.

Reactions: GigabitEthernet

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
The GlassWarrior one? I’ve been eyeing that for a while as I’ve been very disappointed with the Torras and WSKEN screen protectors. I’d appreciate if you give us an update when you’ve applied it.

That's the one!

I thought WSKEN was supposed to be good?

I've had the TORRAS on for a few days and it's fine. I have the older version but the screen is barely if cut off if at all. To be honest I don't really like these protectors with edges but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice on the 15 Pro. I am minded to try the Belkin next.

Reactions: Damo88

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
That's the one!

I thought WSKEN was supposed to be good?

I've had the TORRAS on for a few days and it's fine. I have the older version but the screen is barely if cut off if at all. To be honest I don't really like these protectors with edges but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice on the 15 Pro. I am minded to try the Belkin next.
Bought two different WSKEN packages, all 4 protectors were awful. 3 had air bubbles around the edge that wouldn’t go away and the one that didn’t have air bubbles covered the screen, you couldn’t see the red line on that image at all on the left side of the screen.

Both Torras screen protectors ended up having air bubbles on the edge of the screen as well. Was much happier with the Torras coverage though, just couldn’t get past those damn air bubbles.

I’m beginning to wonder if the protectors we get in the UK are completely different to the ones in the US.

Edit: These are the two WSKEN versions I bought:

Last edited:

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
I ordered one of those Benks protectors MobileReviewsEh recommended. It's coming from their official store on AliExpress.
Please let us know what you think of it. They claim it has rounded edges on their site. If it doesn’t cut into the screen area—it’s a winner.

Edit: watched the MobileReviewsEh video and I’m not sure it’s rounded off much. 😕

Last edited:

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I have been using the Torras Diamond Shield since launch. Very happy with it, I bought 3 for me and others, noone complaints.

I've just seen this new Torras 3D, I may try it if this Diamond Shield cracks :)))

Same here. Mine is still perfect 👍
Do neither of you have slight air bubbles at the edge of the screen protector? Tried applying 4 different Torras screen protectors and all ended up having air bubbles somewhere along the edge, usually on the left side.

Reactions: walds11

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Do neither of you have slight air bubbles at the edge of the screen protector? Tried applying 4 different Torras screen protectors and all ended up having air bubbles somewhere along the edge, usually on the left side.
Nope, no air bubbles.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I have been using the Torras Diamond Shield since launch. Very happy with it, I bought 3 for me and others, noone complaints.

I've just seen this new Torras 3D, I may try it if this Diamond Shield cracks :)))
Mine's perfect as well. Survived a couple of falls without a single scratch, and one was a big one caused by my anxious dog trying to flee the vet while I was attending a phone call.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I’ve applied 4 of the Torras, 2 old and 2 of the new 3D ones, no bubbles for me either.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Nope, no air bubbles.

I’ve applied 4 of the Torras, 2 old and 2 of the new 3D ones, no bubbles for me either.
Then God knows what was wrong with the ones I tried. 4 WSKEN screen protectors ended up doing the same, it was actually worse.

Maybe there is something in this “glass tolerance” that was discussed earlier in this thread regarding halo effects at the edge of screen protectors.

Reactions: walds11

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
I don't get what you're trying to say.
Are you saying that the halo effect on the edge of the screen protector causes it to look like bubbles are forming on the screen?
By the way,I want to know if your use of TORRAS screen protector will affect the screen reflectivity of your phone?
This is what I’m talking about:

IMG_4161.jpeg

Reactions: Joeyyye

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
No bubbles on the TORRAS UK version here. After install I did have one but I just lifted the protector on a corner and set it back down which adhered it properly.

The dust removal feature of the install tray is so cool, not sure why the big brands are not copying this.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Just installed the Flolab OneTime Pro NanoArmour 3D (what a mouthful) and it’s by far the best I’ve tried, not even close. It cuts off none of the screen, zero air bubbles around the edges and it’s as close to edge to edge as I think you’re going to get. It’s a bit on the pricey side but I now see why.

Here are a couple of photos to show it’s cutting off none of the screen:

IMG_0985.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg

Last edited:

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Just installed the Flolab OneTime Pro NanoArmour 3D (what a mouthful) and it’s by far the best I’ve tried, not even close. It cuts off none of the screen, zero air bubbles around the edges and it’s as close to edge to edge as I think you’re going to get. It’s a bit on the pricey side but I now see why.

Here are a couple of photos to show it’s cutting off none of the screen:

View attachment 2341397 View attachment 2341396

How rounded do the edges feel? I'm running my phone case-less and as great as the WSKEN is, the edges suck when swiping from the sides.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
How rounded do the edges feel? I'm running my phone case-less and as great as the WSKEN is, the edges suck when swiping from the sides.
Had WSKEN and Torras before and it’s much, much better than those when swiping without a case. I can barely feel the edges of the protector at all. Torras was better than WSKEN for rounded edges but Flolab is definitely on another level.

Reactions: nxt3

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
The FloLab edges are great if you are running case-less. It's one of the reasons I use the Phone Rebel Gen 5 Flex more often. Had the Torras, night and day difference in feel. I will say, the Torras had a better oleophobic coating, but the Flolab is suppose to be more anti-reflective.

Reactions: nxt3

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
The FloLab edges are great if you are running case-less. It's one of the reasons I use the Phone Rebel Gen 5 Flex more often. Had the Torras, night and day difference in feel. I will say, the Torras had a better oleophobic coating, but the Flolab is suppose to be more anti-reflective.
There seem to be mixed feelings about Flolab in this thread: people saying it’s the best and also people talking about major cons (cuts off screen, scratches easy, etc) which is a hard $40 pill to swallow. I really want to try one though but would feel so cheated for the price if it didn’t work out. Not sure what to do 😂

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
There seem to be mixed feelings about Flolab in this thread: people saying it’s the best and also people talking about major cons (cuts off screen, scratches easy, etc) which is a hard $40 pill to swallow. I really want to try one though but would feel so cheated for the price if it didn’t work out. Not sure what to do 😂
From my experience, the Torras I had did cut off the screen if i looked at it from an angle, but it was so minor, i didn't really care. My Flolab doesn't cut off the screen from any angle. I only went for it because of how crappy the Torras felt when case-less or using the PR Flex. The 3D edges make a huge difference. Torras now makes a 3D edge protector, so that might be something to try out.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
From my experience, the Torras I had did cut off the screen if i looked at it from an angle, but it was so minor, i didn't really care. My Flolab doesn't cut off the screen from any angle. I only went for it because of how crappy the Torras felt when case-less or using the PR Flex. The 3D edges make a huge difference. Torras now makes a 3D edge protector, so that might be something to try out.
The Torras 3D sounds like it still cuts off some of the screen, however small.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.