Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Not at all. It doesn’t cover the speaker. If you look at it from the side, it sits above the speaker without covering over it directly. Same loudness vs my Flolab.
yeah it does not affect the sound unless you use a case which is covering the speaker and redirecting the accoutics like most spigen cases or the caudabe cases. These cases have a speaker cutout which is filled up with the notch of the Screen Protector. It does affect the loudness a bit. You can test it with lifting up the speacer cutout of the case while playing music.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
yeah it does not affect the sound unless you use a case which is covering the speaker and redirecting the accoutics like most spigen cases or the caudabe cases. These cases have a speaker cutout which is filled up with the notch of the Screen Protector. It does affect the loudness a bit. You can test it with lifting up the speacer cutout of the case while playing music.

Ah yeah I don’t have a case so that may be the difference.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Tried Torras, covers a small section of the screen. Tried Flolab, was better than Torras but same issue. If you do not align these perfectly, they will always cover a small portion of the screen. I don’t like that. Last one was amFilm which I used on my 14 pro max. I ditched it because the first time I tried it on the 15 pro max it was too small and had major rainbowing on the edges. It appears they have fixed it and made it big enough to now prevent that issue.

Again, it’s really about perfect alignment. amFilm is 99% perfect. It has minute rainbowing in one area at a certain angle which I will take vs a black border that cuts off my screen.

I will say the Flolab felt better on the fingers and had a much nicer edge.

amFilm is also $9 w/3 protectors vs $45/50 for 1 Flolab or 2 Torras.

In the end, get what works for you :)

I had one of these from release day, I think it must be the older version. No bubbles and lots of rainbow and the oleophobic coating eenbtually wore away but I was happy overall.

Looks like they don't sell the "magnetic" version in the UK yet.

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
I had one of these from release day, I think it must be the older version. No bubbles and lots of rainbow and the oleophobic coating eenbtually wore away but I was happy overall.

Looks like they don't sell the "magnetic" version in the UK yet.
Yeah, the magnetic one is new and fairly nice honestly for application. Less waste. They did update the glass a little bit. Its the one I'm using now.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I took my case off today to roll without one for a bit and put my phone screen-down on my desk and it slid right off. I didn't notice it was moving at all. Not sure if it would have without the screen protector or not, but I thought it might be due to the smooth coating or oleophobic coating on the glass. I was leaning on the desk a bit so I'm sure it wasn't level, but it doesn't slide when it's screen up. Pretty weird!

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I took my case off today to roll without one for a bit and put my phone screen-down on my desk and it slid right off. I didn't notice it was moving at all. Not sure if it would have without the screen protector or not, but I thought it might be due to the smooth coating or oleophobic coating on the glass. I was leaning on the desk a bit so I'm sure it wasn't level, but it doesn't slide when it's screen up. Pretty weird!
Yea i noticed my phone slowly sliding when face down on a smooth surface with the torras protector and no case

Reactions: GeneticBloom

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Anyone else with the Flolab noticing that they have to wipe the screen of fingerprints more often than any other screen protector they’ve used? MobileReviewsEh on YouTube has it as their no.1 screen protector and says it has one of the best oleophobic coatings. Love the fit and feel of it, so it’s the only real negative I can think of.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Anyone else with the Flolab noticing that they have to wipe the screen of fingerprints more often than any other screen protector they’ve used? MobileReviewsEh on YouTube has it as their no.1 screen protector and says it has one of the best oleophobic coatings. Love the fit and feel of it, so it’s the only real negative I can think of.
Completely agree. The coating is not good.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009

My coating was completely gone within a month. That was a waste of money. ESR has a great coating but had alignment issues early on. I have a new one coming soon so I’ll give feedback here when I get it.

Reactions: nxt3 and Damo88

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
My coating was completely gone within a month. That was a waste of money. ESR has a great coating but had alignment issues early on. I have a new one coming soon so I’ll give feedback here when I get it.
I don’t get how such an expensive screen protector has such poor oleophobic coating. Surely that’s the easiest thing to get right?

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I feel like none of them have an oleophobic coating that really lasts.

I recall people saying Belkin had a good coating? But I thought Flolab did too, I will order one to test but I am in the UK.

My TORRAS protector has been on a week or two and the coating is also starting to wear off.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I just got my replacement Ultraglass (new version). I know their coatings are really nice but I think they are a rebranded Torras.

kriegsl

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2021

I applied WSKEN screen protector for 15 Pro Max. It does not cut off the screen, does not retain fingerprints and is very successful but since it covers the earpiece and lowered the volume a bit.

IMG_20240212_162251_748[1].jpg

Last edited:

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I absolutely love the FloLab anti glare on my iPad but not a fan for on my phone. For that I get the clear FloLab.
Which flolab are you using on the iPhone? They all say anti glare unless your referring to the clear versus matte versions.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
both of my 3D Torras protectors cracked without dropping my phone. First one cracked two days ago, no idea how ir happened. Second one cracked today as well with no impact.. both times my phone was in a bullstrap leather case and they both cracked starting from the top all the way down to the middle of the phone creating a C shape

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
both of my 3D Torras protectors cracked without dropping my phone. First one cracked two days ago, no idea how ir happened. Second one cracked today as well with no impact.. both times my phone was in a bullstrap leather case and they both cracked starting from the top all the way down to the middle of the phone creating a C shape
Is there a gap between the protector and the case? I wonder if there is pressure being put on the protector from the case since you said they both cracked the same way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.