Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One of the best looks yet at the rear design and increased size of Apple's iPhone 16 models was today shared online.

iphone-16-lineup-dummy-models.jpeg

The images, posted on X by Sonny Dickson, show four dummy models representing the iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Pro, iPhone 16 Plus, and iPhone 16 Pro Max. These units are designed to take the place of real devices for display or testing purposes.

The dummy models provide a clear look at the slightly larger size of the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, which are expected increase from 6.1- to 6.3-inches and 6.7- to 6.9-inches, and how they compare to the other models in the lineup.

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus are expected to stay at 6.1- and 6.7-inches like their predecessors, but they are rumored to receive a redesigned vertical camera array designed to accommodate spatial video capture. Starting with the iPhone 13, Apple's two non-Pro iPhone models have had diagonally arranged dual rear cameras. The entire iPhone 16 lineup is expected to launch as usual in the fall.

Article Link: iPhone 16 Lineup Dummies Show How Four Model Sizes Compare

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
Beautiful
Hopefully for its customers the iphone 16 will take the current Pro display tech the 6.1" and 6.7" promotion displays quality and size

Reactions: TheAppleGuySL

jb310

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2017
they are rumored to receive a redesigned vertical camera array designed to accommodate spatial video capture
This is probably the best explanation I've heard for the vertical camera redesign... it didn't really make sense otherwise, unless it was Apple's idea of changing things up slightly just so they could say "look, we made massive changes from the iPhone 15, as you can see, we moved one of the lenses around!" 🤔

sleeptodream

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2022
right? that does not seem to be thought through. I don't understand why they removed the protrude (?) square unless they just wanted to make a change for the hell of making a change
I’ll miss that little protruding square 😢 twas the prettiest part of the iPhone, the regular models now have nothing nice to look at, just a slab with cameras

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
Looks like I am holding on to my 14 Pro Max for one more year - then getting the iPhone 17 inch, which should have always on display by then. Compact phone with all the power/camera/features I would need.

Reactions: decypher44

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Back in the day in 2012, I bought a Nexus 7, a 7" tablet. The iPhone 16 Pro Max I will likely purchase this year will be 6.9". The aspect ratio is different, but nonetheless, the iPhone will be roughly 4/5ths the screen area of that Nexus 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.