Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McWetty

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I wish they’d make the pros thinner and lighter. They are the size and weight of a brick.
Agree on the weight, dang thing is heavy; but instead of thinner, I’ll take smaller (diagonally). I miss the way iPhone 4/S fit in the cup of my hand. I still like the pro lenses though so I won’t downgrade to a regular plastic back iPhone.

Reactions: nfl_brah

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I bet the 16 models still have 60hz screen. 😂
Same old crap 1k devices.
They most probably will yes lol. 60hz displays, dual camera, no lidar and now breaking the £1k price point at higher storage options. I think it makes more sense to buy last years Pro device at a discount than the standard iPhone for those not wishing to buy the current Pro. This approach is certainly making offers more attractive for Android flagships and I can see why quite a few of my friends and colleagues seem to have swapped their iPhones for a different option in recent years.

dsusanj

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
This is probably the best explanation I've heard for the vertical camera redesign... it didn't really make sense otherwise, unless it was Apple's idea of changing things up slightly just so they could say "look, we made massive changes from the iPhone 15, as you can see, we moved one of the lenses around!" 🤔
This change has already been made on the Pro models going from the 14 Pro (Max) to the 15 Pro (Max) – the main and wide-angle cameras are now arranged vertically on the 15 Pro, whereas the top camera on the 14 Pro was the telephoto one.

spcopsmac21

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009

One of the best looks yet at the rear design and increased size of Apple's iPhone 16 models was today shared online.

iphone-16-lineup-dummy-models.jpeg

The images, posted on X by Sonny Dickson, show four dummy models representing the iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Pro, iPhone 16 Plus, and iPhone 16 Pro Max. These units are designed to take the place of real devices for display or testing purposes.

The dummy models provide a clear look at the slightly larger size of the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, which are expected increase from 6.1- to 6.3-inches and 6.7- to 6.9-inches, and how they compare to the other models in the lineup.

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus are expected to stay at 6.1- and 6.7-inches like their predecessors, but they are rumored to receive a redesigned vertical camera array designed to accommodate spatial video capture. Starting with the iPhone 13, Apple's two non-Pro iPhone models have had diagonally arranged dual rear cameras. The entire iPhone 16 lineup is expected to launch as usual in the fall.

Article Link: iPhone 16 Lineup Dummies Show How Four Model Sizes Compare
Am I blind or does this look like more of the same?
Not trying to troll or be pedantic.

I’m tried of buying the same iPhone every year since 2018.
Little bump here, little curve there, new color zzzZzzZzzzZzzzz

Apple put all its eggs in the Vision Pro basket and took our beautiful leather cases for a fine woven disaster.

Yawn.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
This might be the second year ever that I skip an upgrade. Apple could release an iPhone 12 mini with USB-C and 120hz, and I would pick that over a slightly larger Pro model.

Reactions: nfl_brah and klasma

skiguy45

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2021

One of the best looks yet at the rear design and increased size of Apple's iPhone 16 models was today shared online.

iphone-16-lineup-dummy-models.jpeg

The images, posted on X by Sonny Dickson, show four dummy models representing the iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Pro, iPhone 16 Plus, and iPhone 16 Pro Max. These units are designed to take the place of real devices for display or testing purposes.

The dummy models provide a clear look at the slightly larger size of the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, which are expected increase from 6.1- to 6.3-inches and 6.7- to 6.9-inches, and how they compare to the other models in the lineup.

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus are expected to stay at 6.1- and 6.7-inches like their predecessors, but they are rumored to receive a redesigned vertical camera array designed to accommodate spatial video capture. Starting with the iPhone 13, Apple's two non-Pro iPhone models have had diagonally arranged dual rear cameras. The entire iPhone 16 lineup is expected to launch as usual in the fall.

Article Link: iPhone 16 Lineup Dummies Show How Four Model Sizes Compare
this is miserable. they are all too big

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
This might be the second year ever that I skip an upgrade. Apple could release an iPhone 12 mini with USB-C and 120hz, and I would pick that over a slightly larger Pro model.
Unfortunately the battery life on that would probably be wretched with ProMotion. That was the main driver for me going from the 13 Mini to the 15 Pro. I could kill like 20% of the battery life on my 1.5 year-old Mini in an hour train ride. It had mediocre battery life right when I got it, and it went down from there. Still a great little device, but it didn't suit my usage very well.

Off topic, but I wish the phone carriers would let you seamlessly switch between devices on the fly, because I'd definitely use a smaller iPhone as a "going out for a few hours" device that's lighter in the pocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj64Mk7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.