Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
They most probably will yes lol. 60hz displays, dual camera, no lidar and now breaking the £1k price point at higher storage options. I think it makes more sense to buy last years Pro device at a discount than the standard iPhone for those not wishing to buy the current Pro. This approach is certainly making offers more attractive for Android flagships and I can see why quite a few of my friends and colleagues seem to have swapped their iPhones for a different option in recent years.
Definitely. It's better buying last year's pro device than this overpriced 60hz iphones. I can't defend Apple anymore when debating with Android users. It's just pure greed lately from Apple.

OJK

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2020
after all these years and nobody seems to care you can't set the phone on a table and type without rocking the phone? Put the cameras in the center...
More difficult battery design then.

OJK

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2020
It becomes a much thicker phone at that point and not sure that is as desirable, possibly with a bigger battery maybe.
The pros are already very heavy. Imagine they made them thick enough to cover the camera bump and fill it with battery.
That would be a very heavy phone.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to see dummy models. Expecting to see brighter colours for the non Pro models.

ds2000

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012
I'd love a mini-Pro. I only went Pro for the lenses and RAW photo capability. The cameras are absolutely fantastic but please let me have a smaller phone :(

Reactions: antonrg

bruno7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm getting ready to replace my 12 Mini which I'll pass on to my daughter. The only thing that keep me from waiting for 16 are the capacitive buttons which I don't like.
I will probably get 15 Pro instead I guess. 😉

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I'm getting ready to replace my 12 Mini which I'll pass on to my daughter. The only thing that keep me from waiting for 16 are the capacitive buttons which I don't like.
I will probably get 15 Pro instead I guess. 😉
15 Pro is the best option if upgrading from a 12/13 mini in my opinion.

Reactions: bruno7

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
after all these years and nobody seems to care you can't set the phone on a table and type without rocking the phone? Put the cameras in the center...
It almost seems as if the phones are specifically made to have a case on them to even out the plane of the back. The camera bump makes the back of the device look unfinished.

Reactions: gusmula

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
I'm still clutching my original iPhone SE (2016) for that very reason, plus the stupid placement of the side/Siri/sleep button directly across from the landscape camera shutter. I traded my iPhone 6 and paid cash for the SE as fast as I could.

It's the last best iPhone design they ever made. Squared edges I can grip, lays flat, stands horizontally on the SIM tray side or vertically. I use all those orientations for photos. Takes 4k video if I want it (I don't). Low light is tough, I admit. However, it fits comfortably in my pocket.

Had the 12 mini or 13 mini fixed those two items, I'd have bought one of the two on their launch day. Nope. Still holding out. I don't want a case, because I don't need a case. I don't fall victim to the mental abuse psychology of case manufacturers. They try to trick you into thinking you're more stupid than you really are, then say they're the only ones who can help you. My 2016 SE only has wear and tear scuffs, not dings and scratches, and the rose gold is quite beautiful.

Yep, I'm maxed out on iOS software, too. My Apple Watch is effectively dead (series 3, with hairline fracture around the screen so it no longer responds to touch input). However. "No new iPhone means no new Watch."

Surely Apple's iCloud server side stats can see what device I have. Perhaps no one is paying any attention to the "4% - Other" category.
You should really give iPhone 13 mini a try. It's the best design since the original SE.

Reactions: OJK

iFunk

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2022
I wish they’d make the pros thinner and lighter. They are the size and weight of a brick.
Zach Morris has entered the conversation - Motorola DynaTAC

CVUClJdUkAEnbIR.jpeg

timmodugdale

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Madison, WI
I do not understand why all models are increasing in size. I do not need a larger phone. If I did, I would have purchased the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I didn't for a good reason—I don't want a huge phone. If anything, I'd prefer a smaller but still powerful phone. Now, however, I guess I will have no choice. Maybe it will translate into a longer battery life, but I'm satisfied with the current battery life of my iPhone 15 Pro. Bigger isn't always better!

Reactions: antonrg

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
I see no point in upgrading from my 14 pro max. I don’t use any apps that couldn’t run on an iPhone 8 with little real world performance difference. I guess it’s nice for gaming, but i would much rather game on a console or PC instead of a touchscreen.

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
For everyone asking for the new iPad mini... wait a few years. At this rate (not complaining) the iPhone XX Pro Ultra Max will be the size of the long awaited iPad mini. Problem solved. All jokes aside, I think a 6.9 to 7.0 will be perfect. Just use two small hands or one large and enjoy!

120FPS

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2022
The proportion of the camera seems off (at least on the Max) now that the phones is getting a minor size increase. I'm guessing next years model will have an even larger camera housing.

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
The comments about small hands, or its mobile enough, or use two hands… there are people who do not enjoy using huge phones and have active lifestyles, ie need something mobile and more compact. There are also people who can be clumsy while running around a busy city and have their hands busy, ie can only use one hand. Finally, there are disabled people who can only use one hand.

Indeed, a lot of people have sedentary or less active lifestyles and do not mind having these phones get bigger, but an option with a relatively smaller size would be greatly appreciated. Apple says they are inclusive and progressive company, well, this continuous growth of their phones in size is anything but.

By this point even a 5.8 inch iPhone would be a bloody miracle from this company. And that size could afford a good battery since that was the only issue of the mini for some.

timmodugdale

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Madison, WI
For everyone asking for the new iPad mini... wait a few years. At this rate (not complaining) the iPhone XX Pro Ultra Max will be the size of the long awaited iPad mini. Problem solved. All jokes aside, I think a 6.9 to 7.0 will be perfect. Just use two small hands or one large and enjoy!
I'll be sure to trade in my hands for larger ones when I purchase the phone ;)

• Haha
Reactions: geta

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
A size comparison photo where the two larger models aren't even placed together. You had one job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.