Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slap Dash

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Perth, Australia
Is it just me, or did we just crash macrumors for about 5 minutes there? I've been furiously refreshing all morning and from about 9:53-10:00am (EDT) macrumors couldn't load.

There must be a lot of us hungry for information!

LOL maybe it happened to me also.. i thought the same and made sure it wasnt my network..:eek:

Durandal549

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
Well that was weird. My Macbooks usb ports took a dive. I don't know if they caused the update to fail or the other way around. So no bricked phone, relief. Now it has to restore to 1 before I can try 2 again.

apoz

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
Unlock?

I have a jailbroken and unlocked 1.1.3 now.
I really want that 2.0 firmware, but how to unlock it, jailbreak is not that necessary....

Has anyone already done it?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Omgsh it takes forever to install, restore, and then resync everything in the world. I just wanna play some SMB!!!

browncoat

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
I updated my Jailbroken and unlocked phone successfully. Probably not unlocked anymore but I have an o2 contract.....

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Just to be sure...

All of the jailbroken 2.0 upgrades were on jailbroken only phones?? Not jailbroken AND unlocked??

entwife

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Hmm... restore just about complete... ruh roh... status gone, but spinning wheel of.. Ah.. rebooting the phone... and...... apple logo....

It' up.

This was a successful install of 1.2 on top of a Ziphone-broken 1.1.4 iphone. Hooray!

dave

what what what????????

all working ok. no brickage u literally upgraded as if it was a offical iphone etc

iMat77

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
Ticino, Switzerland
I updated my Jailbroken and unlocked phone successfully. Probably not unlocked anymore but I have an o2 contract.....

What you are saying is that, provided the carrier is one of the newly supported ones, the iPhone 2.0 doesn't need unlocking anymore??

Thanks for elaborating.

Cheers and enjoy your phone.

sanford

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2003
Dallas, USA
Password

Ah, what I just download and unzipped, it has a DMG in it with a password on it, and no I don't mean it wants my admin password. It's a pass-protected DMG. Trying again. Rather than pull it, they may have just locked it up until they officially release it.

Yep, it's all locked up now, witness 1,2_2 instead of 1,2. Bummer.

Anyone at ExxonMobil or General Mills have the bandwidth to host the original? :)

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
OK, trying to set up my Exchange account. Now it says it needs an exchange server address (apparently mine isn't just exchange.company.com). Where might one find that? Anyone know?

cecemf

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
London, UK
Did anyone notice that the logo next to the network name changed !!
i'm outside Edge zone and I had a white square before on 1.1.4.
Now it's a white square with a black dote in the middle on 2.0 ?

Is that normale ? I'm worried please can anyone confirme ?

martinwhxx

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Doesn't upgrade jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 1.1.4 and maybe bricks it.

After the install of the 2.0 s/w, the phone wanted to go through the activation process in iTunes. And it complained about my UK T-Mobile SIM.

Its now saying The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20).

Bugger.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Hmmm, my ipsw file decompressed automatically. Here's a shot of the iPhone1,2-2 folder. Is there something there I should select? Or, should I download the ipsw again?

Picture 1.png

drm309

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2007
I have jailbroken only 1.1.4 phone. Any one confirm that the phone is still jailbroken after the update? i see "works" and "yup", but does that mean the phone is still jailbroken? or that the phone updated sucessfully to 2.0? If it's still jailbroken, i would be the happiest guy on the east coast!!

adm58

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
Ah, what I just download and unzipped, it has a DMG in it with a password on it, and no I don't mean it wants my admin password. It's a pass-protected DMG. Trying again. Rather than pull it, they may have just locked it up until they officially release it.

Yep, it's all locked up now, witness 1,2_2 instead of 1,2. Bummer.

Anyone at ExxonMobil or General Mills have the bandwidth to host the original? :)

RTFA.

Don't double-click it. Restore from iTunes.

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
Hmm... restore just about complete... ruh roh... status gone, but spinning wheel of.. Ah.. rebooting the phone... and...... apple logo....

It' up.

This was a successful install of 1.2 on top of a Ziphone-broken 1.1.4 iphone. Hooray!

dave

Of 1.2? Do you mean 2.0?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.