Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auburnfan24

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
I don't know if this has always done this, but I noticed that if you push the blue arrow next to a phone number in your recent calls, it'll tell you what city the number called from if it's able to tell.

yeah it has always done this...but my real question for you is....how did you get that at&t logo next to the signal bars?? that looks awesome! please doooo tell!

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
I don't know if this has always done this, but I noticed that if you push the blue arrow next to a phone number in your recent calls, it'll tell you what city the number called from if it's able to tell.

It only tells you what city that area code is associated with. It does not tell you where the person is. If I called you from 500 miles away from my house, it would still tell you the city where I live. It basically just matches the area code with a database.

kaiPhone19

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2008
How to unlock iphone 2.1 firmware to use other sim

Guys please help!!! i just followed the instruction on how to upgrade my first generation iphone to 2.1 firmware and it completed successfully but now i cannot use my sim card..

How can I use it again to work on my iphone??

Pease help!

thanks a lot!!

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Guys please help!!! i just followed the instruction on how to upgrade my first generation iphone to 2.1 firmware and it completed successfully but now i cannot use my sim card..

How can I use it again to work on my iphone??

Pease help!

thanks a lot!!

Yo, put this mess in the right forum for starters.... and don't post multiple places just because you haven't heard anything from anyone. IT'S ANNOYING! You can't expect to get any replies about this LIKE this.

me1

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
How did you manually install the 2.1 iPhone update?

I was able to download the update from the link you provided but when I click on it to install it, iTunes opens up and tries to download it all over again.

[The whole point of the manual download is to be able to resume if your broadband is actually slimband as it is in Zimbabwe!]

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
idk if someone mentioned this before, but if you havent checked your phone since recieving an SMS the phone will continue to make the notification sound every 5 minutes (i think, havent sat there and counted) until phone is unlocked.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
this is a bit late... I was the one that tipped appleinsider about full screen web apps (my name is in the article)... So technically I am the source. :)

Hehe. Congrats on finding that! I noticed that MapQuest is full screen too! However, MapQuest sucks... why would anyone use that? Anyways, I didn't know you were the actual tipster.

dave.h.3g

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
LOL JUST EMAIL IT... and if that person doesnt have a phone that can email, as the petition says, THEY are a decade behind!!!

:apple:

thats true but most people i know dont have email on their phones. maybe they have email capable phones but choose not to pay for the service, so mms is a more universal method in my opinion

Pikkuroope

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
thats true but most people i know dont have email on their phones. maybe they have email capable phones but choose not to pay for the service, so mms is a more universal method in my opinion

I've never paid a penny to have my email on my phone? Does it really cost something, just configure your f.e. gmail account to your phone's mail client and that's it? Only the data costs. And my plan is unlimited :cool:

Sal510

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
IMG_0001.png

someone said i should post this here

Doesn't Apple tell us what we want and need? lol

Apparently that's the case. I hadn't known this until AFTER I bought the iPhone and not until recently. That's probably just one of the many reasons why the iPhone has been nicknamed the "jesus phone". Jobs thinks he's jesus christ and his beloved disciples agree with whatever he says!! I think it's time for a judas to appear! ;)

kalafalas

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
California
Anyone know what the cut off is for sms, I just looked and I have it but I had to scroll way the hell up and when I hit it it only loaded like one or two more messages lol

It would be awesome if there was a setting for the cut off point. (2 days, 10 messages etc.)

the default cut-off point is every 50 messages (i counted)

jenss

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
GPS in EXIF fixed?

Going through old photos from my iPone, I just noticed that all images taken before fw2.1 had wrong GPS coordinates. Images taken i the eastern hemisphere were recorded as being positioned in the western hemisphere. All images taken after fw2.1 has the correct coordinates. Anyone else noticed that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.