Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Customizable wifi/bluetooth/3g shortcut that shows on the homescreen, if the icon is green/blue it is turned on, if gray it is off. One tap and it toggles on/off..... I would use this, I am sure some would not, hence the customizable.....:)

Masquerade

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2007
that copy paste feature should be a grip at apple right now - even if you try to reply gregoov post on your iphone, you may find that is dead slow to scroll the textarea (theres no gesture to do it, you have to touch the bottom of the textarea to scrolldown 1 line)
so theres something to be improve here besides the copy paste

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Let us customize the dock or remove it completely. I jailbroke my iphone just so I could get rid of that lame dock (not lame duck) . I love the original ipod touch dock. I think they would do well to include some customization features with the next release. Developers could post themes on the app store- bring in more revenue everyone's happy.

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I have another one... I think it would be cool to have an icon on the homescreen to toggle on/off wif-fi instead of having to open up settings each time.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Many of those that have already been listed, but a couple I haven't seen:

1) Ability to turn off auto-rotate in Safari
2) Ability to see new messages from multiple email accounts on one screen (or at least some shortcut for switching between inboxes for those who have multiple accounts)

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Looking at this from the Touch perspective:

• Copy and Paste (Even the Newton had this and it was discontinued 10 years ago!)
  • Ability to read anything, including e-mail, in landscape mode.
  • Landscape mode text input
  • Organize the icons on the iPhone/Touch via iTunes.
  • Turn off WiFi by tapping on the icon in the upper left of the display.
  • Display the time and date by taping on the time. Also show any pending alarms.
  • When outside of WiFi range, display dialog asking to turn off WiFi or not. Include in system settings.

go1dfinger

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Olympia, WA
MMS (duh)
Video capture from the camera.
Marking emails as read.
Copy/Paste
Syncing over wi-fi. (why plug in a cord if I don't have to?)
Making folders in mail so I can click the move and move stuff to them.

That pretty much sums up my needs. I would also like the addition of Nike+iPod in the iPhone.. since its been discovered that it uses the bluetooth adapter to utilize this functionality I expect it to come soon..

go1dfinger

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Olympia, WA
That's not going to happen. This isn't allowed by either the music industry or carriers unless Apple gives them each a bigger cut of the profits.

I would expect that is from AT&T not the music industry.. The music industry would only benefit from such an arrangement - AT&T on the other hand would have to dish out more bandwidth to the 3G phones, which I expect is already taking a hit from the App store.

sajawebb

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
How about a turn by turn app? Also, an ability to sync the To Dos from iCal to Calendar? How about the ability to select and go to a specific date in Calendar? What about the ability to just sync certain date ranges from iCal to Calendar? Hell -- how about a whole new FULL FEATURED calendar program!

Hear Hear Apple!!! a FULL FEATURED Calendar Program for the iPhone!!!

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
- to be able to lock/unlock as desired the landscape/portrait mode in Safari.
- copy/paste.
- to be able to select a good portion of an email text and be able to delete it, I need this to forward just a portion of the message, it takes too much time to erase what is not needed by using the current delete feature.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I would love a full featured contacts app so what you enter in Contacts on your Mac completely syncs with MobileMe and then your iPhone/Touch.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
1. MMS
2. Cut, copy, and paste
3. Forward, delete, and timestamp individual texts
4. Universal Spotlight for iPhone
5. Weekly view in Calendar with horizontal view option
6. iPhone File Management
7. Notes/memos/to-do sync
8. Mark all emails as read
9. Retain existing application layout on iPhone when updates are installed
10. Email notifications on home screen, displayed like text message notifications

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I would like apple to include a vertically challenged person with their next software update so that way I will have someone to hold my phone and talk to me when I am on the train... and if they include cut and paste, I could replace them if I dont like them with another vertically challenged person.

everybody wins!

iJAR

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
What about attachments to your email?

I haven't heard anybody about the lack of attaching a picture to an email.
I wanted to send an MMS to an friend of mine. Of course for the moment this is not possible on the iPhone.

When I went to the apple store and asked why not, they gave me the answer because the concept from apple's point of view was the use of email.
So as happy as I was with this answer I went home tryed to set up an email...damn. No function to attach a file. What the %$^&*. So I can take pictures but cannot do anything more then synchronize them with my apple.

Doesn't that take the mobility out of my mobile iPhone?

So from my point of view. They should at least make it possible to let people attach files to their emails.

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.