Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
So you have more pages with the 3.0 firmware update?
Is this only for the iPhone, or for iPod Touch 2G users also?

Dont know about iphone. i have ipod touch 32gb... i am at 12 pages right now and trying to download more apps to see if i can get to 13 pages.

YMI

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
iPhone

I cant wait to update to 3.0, but need the jailbreak to get released. Using a 2G iPhone in Australia (2G version not supported in Australia)
cant wait for jailbreak this update looks so awesome

Follow Me On Twitter @
http://twitter.com/yannim

oneofcommenter

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2009
I Agree

I still have NO idea why software updates for the iPod touch are different than for the Apple TV. The official speak from Apple is that the iPod touch is not a subscription device while the Apple TV is, because the Apple TV brings in revenue through movie and TV purchases/rentals.

- You can buy music through the iPod touch
- Now you can buy Movies and TV through the iPod touch
- You can buy apps on the iPod touch, a significant portion of which goes straight to Apple.

I think that just the app/game revenue alone from the iPod touch probably far outweighs the movie rental revenue on the Apple TV, so why are they still using this accounting method that "forces" them to charge for upgrades?

:confused:

I totally agree because I bought Enignmo for the happy price of 2.99 and then when i try to sync it to my iPod it said that I couldn't because i "need the new version of iPhone OS". so I go back to the site (which I found in the iPod touch games showcase) and find that it says underneath you need the 3.0 version of iPhone OS:mad:. But on a margin to the right it says that it is compatible with ipod touch and iphone.:mad:so i go to the site where you download Iphone 3.0 OS and i have to pay 12.99 if i want to get it:mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad: WHAT THE HELL????????

macintoshtoffy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
New Zealand
I totally agree because I bought Enignmo for the happy price of 2.99 and then when i try to sync it to my iPod it said that I couldn't because i "need the new version of iPhone OS". so I go back to the site (which I found in the iPod touch games showcase) and find that it says underneath you need the 3.0 version of iPhone OS:mad:. But on a margin to the right it says that it is compatible with ipod touch and iphone.:mad:so i go to the site where you download Iphone 3.0 OS and i have to pay 12.99 if i want to get it:mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad: WHAT THE HELL????????

Why the hell did you resurrect a dead thread from a month ago?

oneofcommenter

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2009
So can anybody confirm or dispute the rumor that you'll still have to pay $9.95 to upgrade to 3.0 for iPod Touch purchased on or after the 17th?

You do have to pay for it. Im in Australia and here we have to pay 12.99. But i suppose that there would be a different price everywhere.
i downloaded a game that needed the software without realizing it. now i have to pay for the update

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.