Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dstrauss

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
I saw it on the WWDC replay, and kept wondering if it was a metaphor for the AT&T lockdown of the iPhone 3g. :rolleyes:

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
It couldn't have been a metaphor for the lock-down of the phone...it was in itself the lock-down. :p

I would have liked to see something more upbeat...and fresh. Similar in direction to their macbook air and new ipod commercials.
This was definitely a step in the opposite direction.

Good. ...or bad. I still feel a little indifferent towards the style they chose to go forward with.

Non-the-less... they still managed to create intrigue. :apple:

youngcapitalist

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2005
NYC
I've been seeing the ad quite often on TV ever since launch day. I don't watch too much TV but it seems every time I'm watching for more than an hour at a time the commercial pops up..(I also live in NYC though lol)..

MacMalv

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
England
This is it, or at least some of it. At the end when the camera spins around the phone you can see the Genius Bar in the background.

that cant be true, all that fuss of closing down the store etc... for a out of focus moving shot which last for about a second, which just shows the genius bar!!

Jefe

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2002
Seems like if they spent so much money to shoot this ad, they would have reshot the scene of the iPhone at the end, since it crashes.

bobthecat23

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2008
On the other hand, I really liked it. I thought it oozed of deserved smugness - much like the characters in Ocean's 11 (where Apple got the music from the commercial: $165 million + Interest).

yeah whats the name of that song?

off in the wood

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
only one commercial?

wonder why they only have this commercial for marketing?

...and since they only have 1, thought I would see more of it on the tube

take the mba commercial...I saw that thing a billion times a day (huge over exaggeration I know:rolleyes:)

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
that cant be true, all that fuss of closing down the store etc... for a out of focus moving shot which last for about a second, which just shows the genius bar!!

I believe the entire commercial (or most of it) was staged in the 5th Ave. store in NYC. The hallway in which the two gentlemen are walking through is the same hallway in which the bathrooms are located in.

techguy2011

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2008
I saw it for the first time yesterday, then I saw it again, and again..... and again. It's a great commercial! :apple: Rules!

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
With all the money Apple stands to lose (make) with this product you think they could come up with something just a tad better and more creative than that thing.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I have a comment. The existing commercial is YA 1984 thing updated.

How about a montage of people using an iPhone in real life solving real problems, and their friend going to a store to purchase one too. Dramatize the referral and adoption process. Use a real sales technique.

Not some artsy-fartsy thing. It appeals to bleeding edge adopters, but it is time to take the "rest of us" by storm too.

Rocketman

Hi Steve . . . Don't bother to send me a free iPhone for the suggestion. I am buying two at full retail with no NDA hassles. :)

astroboy2007

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Already is Airing on Winston-Salem, NC. Good TV ad but is weak if we campare the idea vs. the Mac Air's TV ad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.