iPhone 3G Completely Sold Out In U.S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atlken77, Jul 25, 2008.

1. atlken77 macrumors member

It looks like ALLL of the apple store are sold out of the iphone according to their website (yeah yeah.. not reliable...) just sayin..

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

You said it yourself, not reliable. So there are plenty of Apple Stores that WILL have iPhones tomorrow.

3. liltechdude macrumors member

Well the thing I find wierd about all of this though is the fact that yes, all of the Apple stores do say that they are sold out, but just today Apple changed their opening store hours of almost all their stores to open at 8AM with extra staff, to help with what they call increased demand. I don't really know why they would change all this stuff around in a day just to have all of their stores sold out. Maybe they are performing a mass restock, and they will have tons of phones tomorrow? Who knows...

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I have a white 16 gb brand new I'll sell you for $1000? its already activated

5. random person macrumors 6502a

The Boston store has them just about every day. I was there to buy something else today and a truckload has just delivered. They had every model in stock. And so it has been, every other day at the Boston store.

Of course it IS the largest store in North America!:p

6. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Yeah I just realized that my stores say that they will be opening at 8A.M to begin iPhone sales. Wish this info. would have been up last week when I was going at 10A.M only to find out that they have been open since 8/9:00. But I have my phone now so no more running around :D

7. wronski macrumors 6502

Nah, Apple's tired of making and selling them. They're sick of all the whining about lack of stock so under orders of Stephen they're stopping supply all-together to spite everyone.

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My Apple Store has a full stock of all options / models.

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

iPhone 3G Completely Sold Out Everywhere

Checking Apple's iPhone 3G availability site makes one thing obvious: Not a single store has any model of the iPhone 3G in stock. Wow, I was wondering when this would happen, it's sold out everywhere (not even one store has any) across the US. Could the iPhone shortage last another few months or will stores eventually have enough to last them? I'm glad that I called the Apple Store by me and waited in line to get mine ;) on July 12.

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

10. liltechdude macrumors member

Guys, not all of the Apple stores are out of stock. They are changing stuff around on their website to stop certain exploits with that system. Basically the feed system that gives the iPhone stock indicator is broken.

Here is the feed. You will see that all the values are NULL. If they were out of stock, they would say FALSE :
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/feeds/3g_us_inv.json

Look here for info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=530096

And here: http://www.topmuffin.com/3g-iphone-availability

11. DanielGibson1 macrumors member

well the .json file says "null" so they jsut dont want us to know right now....if it was sold out it would say "false"...keep checking thru the night

12. newyorksole macrumors 68020

13. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

14. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

15. izibo macrumors 6502

I think it's because Apple is tinkering with the availability tool. They had plenty of phones in Madison, WI when I was passing through the mall today. Highly doubt that they sold out already.

More accurate stock availability can be seen here: http://www.topmuffin.com/3g-iphone-availability

16. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

It's got decent stock in the UK, sort of.

17. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

wow. i am surprised. its not that much different. i guess its worth the wait

18. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

This is not a well researched post, the tool simply says "null" due to all these websites feeding off the data.

Phones are NOT sold out.

19. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

DAMN!! I'm glad I waited the first night for mine!!! hate to be the one that said "I'll get in a week when it dies down"...guess not:eek:

20. camel jockey macrumors newbie

The ATT route worked for me. Ordered on a Monday (the 14th) and was syncing on Tues, the 22. In and out in about 5 minutes.

21. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Notice it says on the availability tool Friday, July 25th. it's Suppose to say Saturday, July 26th.

I'd be willing to bet some stores will have Phones tomorrow.

22. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

The initial batch is gone. Supply is short of demand. More coming in every month or week or day, depending on how you parse it.

More countries being added in under a month. I take it from that they expect supply demand parity within ONE month.

How is that possible if the disparity is large, not small?

Rocketman

Steve, answer me! WWJD?

23. haysmoke macrumors newbie

i saw a guy bring in a big box at the apple store. i think it was iphones or a box of doughnuts

24. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Yeah, they had them every day except the day that I tried going in. I went in last Monday and they didn't have any, which was surprising. But you're right, they do almost always have them, got mine on Wednesday